- - - - -

YMMV Walmart $30 Nintendo Switch Games: New Super Mario Bros U DX, Splatoon 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses,...

#91 SpidermanDS  

SpidermanDS

Posted 13 December 2020 - 03:12 AM

Their basic customer service representatives don't seem to have any answers: they can do everything on the website that we can, plus issue a whopping $5 discount, and make requests to "supervisors" or "back end team" whatever either of those mean.

If you request a supervisor they can be more helpful but I haven't spoken to one on this issue since the first attended reorder last week. I guess I'll try again on Monday...

Thanks for the update, please keep us posted.

#92 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the updates, guys.  Talked to a customer service guy, and he said what someone else had pointed out that it was probably stuck, and the only thing he could do was cancel it.  Confirmed that I can still request a refund if it sits there for weeks longer, so I'm fine just leaving it there.  Still check on it everyday but no changes.

#93 SpidermanDS  

SpidermanDS

Posted 13 December 2020 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the updates, guys. Talked to a customer service guy, and he said what someone else had pointed out that it was probably stuck, and the only thing he could do was cancel it. Confirmed that I can still request a refund if it sits there for weeks longer, so I'm fine just leaving it there. Still check on it everyday but no changes.

Thanks Donny. Curious like when they said stuck did they say there was any hope of it being unstuck? I don't mind keeping it active as well but only if there is some hope of a status update eventually.

#94 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1676 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 13 December 2020 - 07:09 PM

Thanks Donny. Curious like when they said stuck did they say there was any hope of it being unstuck? I don't mind keeping it active as well but only if there is some hope of a status update eventually.

Not to be overly pessimistic but I doubt they have any idea. I think our options are to keep cancelling and reordering in the hopes that the back end/digital fulfilment issue gets fixed before an order, try to get someone to actually follow through on the reporting of the digital fulfilment issue, or to give up.

Since I didn't really need this game, I'm starting to lean towards the last option, but my stubbornness is pushing hard on the "principal of the matter" ...

#95 SpidermanDS  

SpidermanDS

Posted 13 December 2020 - 07:15 PM

Not to be overly pessimistic but I doubt they have any idea. I think our options are to keep cancelling and reordering in the hopes that the back end/digital fulfilment issue gets fixed before an order, try to get someone to actually follow through on the reporting of the digital fulfilment issue, or to give up.

Since I didn't really need this game, I'm starting to lean towards the last option, but my stubbornness is pushing hard on the "principal of the matter" ...

True...I'm also wondering if its worth trying to get them to price match the physical copy and just put the reason/blame on them for not fullfilling digital.

#96 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1676 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:35 PM

True...I'm also wondering if its worth trying to get them to price match the physical copy and just put the reason/blame on them for not fullfilling digital.

Seems entirely reasonable to get them to match the physical copy. They were selling the physical copy for the same price earlier that day. Also this isn't some small time mom and pop operation that couldn't keep up with demand. It's Walmart. They eat the mom and pop shops and spit out whatever this customer experience is ... I guess a company too big to even be aware of, let alone fix, a fulfilment issue despite multiple customers contacting them about it?

#97 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:07 AM

The guy I talked to seemed very pessimistic on it ever becoming unstuck.  He just suggested cancelling it, but he said that I'd have to reorder at full price.  Since it's not on a time limit (e.g. a gift), I don't mind waiting to give it more time on the small chance it becomes unstuck.  Probably will eventually cancel but maybe at end of January.  Just something pretty far out from the order date.

#98 SpidermanDS  

SpidermanDS

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:00 PM

The guy I talked to seemed very pessimistic on it ever becoming unstuck. He just suggested cancelling it, but he said that I'd have to reorder at full price. Since it's not on a time limit (e.g. a gift), I don't mind waiting to give it more time on the small chance it becomes unstuck. Probably will eventually cancel but maybe at end of January. Just something pretty far out from the order date.

Guess what...Walmart just auto-cancelled my splatoon 2 order. Just got the email.

"Thanks for your recent order. We're really sorry, but the items shown below were canceled due to a system error that kept us from processing orders. We're working to fix the error and hope to have a solution soon."

I'm over it, not going to bother challenging it, just will never purchase digital codes from them again.

#99 AltererSyl  

AltererSyl

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:45 PM

I got the auto cancel email as well. I didn't need what I bought, but digital splatoon would have been convienant.

#100 SpidermanDS  

SpidermanDS

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:20 PM

I got the auto cancel email as well. I didn't need what I bought, but digital splatoon would have been convienant.

Haha well said, feel exactly the same way.

#101 DPad   32-bit and under CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:53 PM

What a mess  :roll: I am avoiding Walmart for any future digital purchases no doubt. 

#102 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:15 AM

My order was cancelled, too.  At least don't need to keep checking!  :lol:  Nice run guys.  Would've been nice to finish successfully, but at least it's finished.  Cheers to those who found the physical cards, though!

#103 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1676 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 19 December 2020 - 01:48 AM

Guess what...Walmart just auto-cancelled my splatoon 2 order. Just got the email.

"Thanks for your recent order. We're really sorry, but the items shown below were canceled due to a system error that kept us from processing orders. We're working to fix the error and hope to have a solution soon."

I'm over it, not going to bother challenging it, just will never purchase digital codes from them again.

I think this was me. I spent a super long time on the phone with them earlier this week while they actively communicated with the backend team. I got way more info than before but they said I should be optimistic because they flagged the purchase with some flag and will investigate the larger issue. The next day I got this cancellation...and so did everyone else apparently. Sorry.

Call and request a price match on a physical copy, which seems the least they can do. They agreed and my $30 Splatoon 2 has shipped already.

Sorry I didn't post a few days ago. I was waiting until the physical copy adjustment was completed and the game was actually in transit to me before I pretended I had a resolution for anyone else.

#104 Bayboaz45  

Bayboaz45

Posted 04 May 2022 - 01:09 PM

Still waiting on my Splatoon 2 order from Saturday. Hearing that re-orders are also stuck, I'll try to remain patient.

I have to keep reminding myself that I wasn't even intending to buy the game before I saw the sale price, so waiting shouldn't be nearly as hard as it is...

I order it from walmart online store and till 2 month when i talk to them they told: "sir your order has been sent to shiping department it will arive soon to you", after waiting so long, i cancel walmart order. after that i went to offline store near and got it from there