Best option & advice for buying Xbox OG & 360?

Snarky

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this is the best forum section to post this, but...

I moved and had both my Original Xbox, Xbox 360 and it's Kinect stolen from me.

Was wondering what the best way and place to go about re-buying them would be.

Also what to watch out for, I know the OG had disk reading issues(dirty disk errors, which mine did have at random) and that the 360 had the RROD(which my 360 never had, it was a newer model) issue.

Get a later model of Xbox Classic so you don't have to cut out the clock capacitor. I think the one you want is a 1.6, and it should say as much on the bottom of the system. As for where you can find these, it's the luck of the draw. Try ShopGoodwill, Mercari, eBay, and brick and mortar thrifts. Garage sales might help too, but it's past garage sale season in the northern states.

Get a later model of Xbox Classic so you don't have to cut out the clock capacitor..
Yikes, now there is something to worry about with my other "classic" consoles.... But it is something I'll google later.

Funny enough, the one console I remember replacing the battery without any hassle was my Wii U. Shame the thing has Wi-Fi issues like others, but at least a USB Ethernet dongle works even if the powered hub isn't convent.

As for where you can find these, it's the luck of the draw. Try ShopGoodwill, Mercari, eBay, and brick and mortar thrifts. Garage sales might help too, but it's past garage sale season in the northern states.
Yeah I figured, too bad the local used game/cd/dvd/etc chain Dimple closed, I'd trust getting a used system from them 1st...

OP for your OG Xbox or 360

As the others have said, Craigslist, thrift stores, maybe a pawn shop, FB marketplace, there are some good FB grps for OG xbox support. Thats where I got my modded one, a 1.6 OG Xbox with a 500gb hard drive. I can point you in that direction if you want

For a 360? Pawns, craigslist, facebook, I would try to get an E Slim or maybe an S slim. Ive seen the with games for anywhere from $70-$100

Last edited by a moderator:
OP for your OG Xbox or 360

As the others have said, Craigslist, thrift stores, maybe a pawn shop, FB marketplace, there are some good FB grps for OG xbox support. Thats where I got my modded one, a 1.6 with a 500gb hard drive. I can point you in that direction if you want

For a 360? Pawns, craigslist, facebook, I would try to get an E Slim or maybe an S slim. Ive seen the with games for anywhere from $70-$100
What’s 1.6? Is that for Xbox or Xbox 360?

1.6 is the last version of the OG Xbox. Most people want this version due to the hardware being the least prone to issues

bread's done
Back