Target’s annual 50% off video games sale Octopath Traveler $29.99

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!
Haven’t seen this posted but Target does this every year for 80% of their games. This is in store only. Some notable games I found at my local Target were

Octopath Traveler Switch $29.99

New Super Luckys Tale Switch $19.99

Genesis Classics Switch $14.99

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove Switch $19.99

Little Hope PS4 $14.99

Contra Rogue Corps Switch and PS4 $9.99

‘Each Target will probably have different games so post anything you find 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know but this sale isn’t clearance. It’s a sale they do every year. Most of these games go back to regular price within a week or 2
you should post where this was as i have never seen this. do the games actually ring up 50% off or are they manually overriding the prices?

edit: looks like octopath actually shows as 50% off on brickseek but it's not every store near me

you should post where this was as i have never seen this. do the games actually ring up 50% off or are they manually overriding the prices?

edit: looks like octopath actually shows as 50% off on brickseek but it's not every store
They ring up 50%.

edit: looks like octopath actually shows as 50% off on brickseek but it's not every store near me
Brick seek said a local store had it but I searched through everything and couldn’t find it. Did find World Ends with you for the Switch for 24.99 though. But brickseek said that was not in the store I was in so very ymmv. You have to find a scanner and go through all you are interested in.

They used to put them in a cardboard stand usually around the electronics register.  Don't know if it's the same this time.

They used to put them in a cardboard stand usually around the electronics register. Don't know if it's the same this time.
Exactly the same. My local Target has 2 bins full of games. Just tedious looking through all of them not knowing where to put the games you’ve looked through from the top of the bin

I'm showing Octopath for 29.99 at all stores in my area, so it looks like this is a go.  I'll stop by Target tomorrow and see what they have.

Haven’t seen this posted but Target does this every year for 80% of their games. This is in store only. Some notable games I found at my local Target were

Little Hope PS4 $14.99

Thanks for the reminder...I was at T last night and didn't notice the bins out yet. But last year I rummaged through and picked up Crayola Scoot (Switch) and FF 15 Royal Edition (PS4) for $10 each.

I was going to say I don't remember this but last year I do remember seeing it. My nearest store had a ton of games overflowing in two bins. It was a pain just to look through them and took forever. No organization, just a big mess. Someone left a shopping cart just so people could move the top pile of games to look at what was inside the bins.

none of the targets near me ever have any of the bins so ive never really gotten in on this sale. sucks.
Do they have endcaps with a bunch of games in the security cases? I found some of the sale games there and some in the bins (but I also found some non discounted games in the bins so my store is just a mess).

It would be nice if someone posts an official list from Target, like they did last year.  Guess it would have to be an employee though.

I got 3DS Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for $10. It was the Selects one. This Target also had Smash Bros 3DS (unsure of price).

Oh & about 40 copies of Assassin's Creed Unity. Get 'em before they don't sell out.

Little Hope PS4 $14.99

Wow, that is a great price for Octopath, and I definitely recommend buying it if it rings up at that price. I bought it a while ago as part of B2G1.

Last year, I scored Switch versions of Monster Hunter: Generations Ultimate for $15.74 and Dark Souls: Remastered for $16.74, so I'm curious to see what other prices people find. You can always ask any in-store rep to scan the shelf barcode (given the corresponding game is in its shelf location) so that they don't have to take each game out of the case to price check.

Nice thanks for posting.  My target never does the bins and always leaves everything either in their individual sections/cases or on end caps so I will have to search through those.  But typically they are somewhat organized by system and letter at least.  The hard part will be getting them to scan through the security cases.  Definitely interested in what treasures I can find.

Where these marked at these prices or just rang up as such?
All the ones I found were on the endcap, no prices on them. There was a sign that they were 50% off, but you had the scan them to find out what the price was. Keep in mind some things in the endcap were not 50% so ymmv. Think it’s a dumping ground for one offs too. There was a working scanner not too far from electronics so I just checked all I was interested in (no problem scanning through the security box around the games).

Finally found Octopath at an out of the way Target. Last one there. That was in the regular Switch area and still marked as 59.99, but rang up 29.99.

Picked up a couple more 3DS games there. Actually found Shin Megami Tensai strange Journey Redux for $14.99.

Thanks OP!

I was able to snag the last Octopath Traveler at Target for $30

Weird how these sales are kept secret for only the most hardcore CAGs like us.

This was one of the only remaining Nintendo IPs I really wanted but was waiting for $30 physical to bite

Will return and rebuy whenever it shipped. 

Daemon X Machina  & Cat Quests 1/2 collection.  Hope it still on sale till next week ;)

Damn. That’s a great price for Octopath Traveler. It hasn’t been on sale much. I was just at a Target that had it in stock but I didn’t know about the sale. Atleast, I received a $5 gift card from last night’s purchase that I can apply to the game.

Found some more games today

Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition Xbox One $9.99

Minecraft 3DS $14.99

Pokemon Ultra Sun And Ultra Moon $19.99

Super Mario Maker Selects 3DS $9.99

WarioWare Gold 3DS $19.99

Tsum Tsum Festival Switch $12.49

Found some more games today

Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition Xbox One $9.99

Minecraft 3DS $14.99

Pokemon Ultra Sun And Ultra Moon $19.99

Super Mario Maker Selects 3DS $9.99

WarioWare Gold 3DS $19.99

Tsum Tsum Festival Switch $12.49
i wish tsum tsum festival would add handheld support

At a Target I visited yesterday I picked up:

Katamari Damacy Reroll Switch $9.99

Puyo Puyo Tetris Switch $9.99

I tried scanning some of the Switch games that they had on their clearance end cap such as Sonic Forces and Hasbro Game Night but there weren't get the extra discount.

I'll try a different Target today.

Appreciate the post, was able to pick up a copy of Octopath, but they didn't have it out.  One of the Target employees had to get it from the warehouse.  

My nearest Target isn't doing this, although most of their games have long been purged. They do have a few racks marked clearance, which includes a ton of non-clearance games.

They had 2 bids and white stickers already priced with the 50%.

These are the ones I recall:

NBA 2k20 $19.99

World War Z xbox one $9.99

NHL 19 $9.99

some kind of anime fighting game xbox one $19.99

Nioh 2 PS4 $9.99 (Note: A GOTY is coming Feb 2021)

Uncharted Legacy $9.99

I picked up ace combat 7 for ps4 $9.99. Is this worth getting? Which console PS4/Xbox One is it better on?

They had 2 bids and white stickers already priced with the 50%.

These are the ones I recall:

NBA 2k20 $19.99

World War Z xbox one $9.99

NHL 19 $9.99

some kind of anime fighting game xbox one $19.99

Nioh 2 PS4 $9.99 (Note: A GOTY is coming Feb 2021)

Uncharted Legacy $9.99

I picked up ace combat 7 for ps4 $9.99. Is this worth getting? Which console PS4/Xbox One is it better on?
depends unless you got xbox one x. if you got base system like ps4 and xbox s, than ps4. better

bread's done
Back