* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021

#721 Leonard Shelby  

Leonard Shelby

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:28 PM

This amused me more than it should have.

same lol

#722 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20332 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:28 PM

Tales of Arise Collector's Edition (Namco store exclusive)

https://www.bandaina...n-playstation-5

I owned every Tales Collector's edition and I am thinking of skipping this and keeping my GCU copy

#723 Slayer1091   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   273 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Slayer1091

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:53 PM

I owned every Tales Collector's edition and I am thinking of skipping this and keeping my GCU copy

Anyone having issues checking out? Saying my payment method is wrong and won’t even let me do PayPal

#724 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:11 PM

I got Nier Automata Black Box because I am a Platinum Games fanboy and the game looked really cool to me. I also love lots of Square Enix properties and knew that some things, like their Final Fantasy CEs, tend to sell out/become expensive. I didn't really know anything about Drakengard/Nier/Yoko Taro and went in only expecting Platinum level hack and slash action. What I got was an unforgettable gaming experience and I ended up being super glad I went for the CE because it's so meaningful to me now.

This new game is a remake of a PS3 game, has nothing to do with Platinum and just generally lacks the same appeal to me that Automata had. If the game ends up being good I'll get it, but I can't say I care enough to buy an overpriced CE, regardless of what happens to value/scarcity of it post-launch.

Everything but combat, I actually like the first Nier better.  The game is an acquired taste, it was hammered and derided when it came out.  Less polished, flashy and popular than automata, but if you like automata for anything other than the platinum influence and combat, I think you would definitely like the first Nier too, if you can look past it’s rough spots (which are probably being cleaned up for the remake?  Fishing game, I’m looking at you...)  It’s the foundation of automata, and not Drakengard levels of wacky.  Even so, I’m still skipping the CE, it’s too much for too little.

#725 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13432 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:11 PM

Anyone having issues checking out? Saying my payment method is wrong and won’t even let me do PayPal

No issues checking out on my end for the PS5 version by credit card.  I did need to be sent and enter a verification code though.

#726 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:14 PM

I just checked out fine on the PS5 version.

#727 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:59 PM

Looks like a standard version of the game?  There is a deluxe and ultimate version with dlc on the xbox store.

Edit: the same CE on the EU page shows all the DLC.  I hope they include all of that.

I just got the CE and added Scarlet Nexus for the steelbook pre-order.  Together it was $288 with taxes and $12 shipping.

I went with xbox.

#728 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20332 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:01 PM

The EU Hoot version looks much better but I can't even open the link

#729 ayuchan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:09 PM

Just checked out fine for the PS5 Collectors Edition, wasn't even planning on paying this much for a CE, hope the game is good!

#730 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 22 April 2021 - 06:09 PM

Seeing the Phoenix Wright JP CE pop up on diff storefronts. Play-Asia already seems to be sold out of Switch, Amiami had stock left a few minutes ago.

#731 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1507 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 22 April 2021 - 06:43 PM

Seeing the Phoenix Wright JP CE pop up on diff storefronts. Play-Asia already seems to be sold out of Switch, Amiami had stock left a few minutes ago.

Damit I missed it

#732 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7048 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 22 April 2021 - 08:35 PM

Saw this from the other thread from kcobra22,  shipping is free too.

#733 Lithium Flower   Just about to bloom CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Lithium Flower

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Can't beat free. 

#734 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4979 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 22 April 2021 - 10:33 PM

The Square Enix store is also offering the steelbook for FFVII Intergrade as a bonus. The obvious difference compared to Gamestop is shipping cost. $10.99 for SE Store.

But Gamestop's isn't included in the order, it's just a throw-in, so it's an extra option for those who really want it and are worried about getting screwed by Gamestop incompetence.

#735 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:28 PM

Keep an eye out, UPS delays for Nier are coming through. 

Mine just got pushed back to "Expected Monday"

#736 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1431 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 12:57 AM

Keep an eye out, UPS delays for Nier are coming through. 

Mine just got pushed back to "Expected Monday"

Mine got pushed back to tomorrow as well =/

Meanwhile, my order from amazon Japan was placed on 4/20 and arrived today >_>

#737 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6698 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 01:29 AM

Does anyone else still have a Nier that says ready for pickup but with no estimated delivery date or progress yet?

#738 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4008 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:15 AM

looks like the free pin is dead as the code no longer works

#739 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1943 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:56 AM

Does anyone else still have a Nier that says ready for pickup but with no estimated delivery date or progress yet?

I thought I was left behind but it got updated Tuesday evening, already arrived at neighbor city, no update since 2AM so Friday delivery still up on the air.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#740 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4979 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:51 AM

Speaking of shipping updates, why did UPS screw their tracking system up so horribly?

You can no longer get no detailed information on the tracking through the website. You have to use the app. Unless I'm missing something. The website doesn't even tell me where the item currently is anymore. Just the destination and current status and that's it.

Just awful.

#741 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1431 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:40 AM

Speaking of shipping updates, why did UPS screw their tracking system up so horribly?

You can no longer get no detailed information on the tracking through the website. You have to use the app. Unless I'm missing something. The website doesn't even tell me where the item currently is anymore. Just the destination and current status and that's it.

Just awful.

Yeah, I noticed this too when trying to track my order. I hope this isn't a permanent change, it's pretty bad just getting barebones information =/

#742 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4416 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 23 April 2021 - 12:45 PM

I don't normally sign in to my UPS account, but I did to see if tracking went back to what it was. Nope. Still no details of where the package currently is.

#743 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:04 PM

I ended up having UPS send me a detailed update via email to finally see where my Nier was.  I hate the new layout on UPS.

#744 Cloudx9  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:12 PM

Anyone still waiting on their Nier Replicant White Snow Edition to ship out from SE store? Mine still says not initiated under the status.

#745 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15027 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:21 PM

So Wario posted last weekend about how select items from Amazon warehouse had an automatic 20% taken off at checkout. There were cyberpunk Xbox one collectors edition’s included in that and I bought one listed as like new for what ended up being $85 plus tax.

The collectors edition was still in its original shipping box from Warner Brothers with the November release date on it instead of the December release date, and the collectors edition was still factory sealed. Incredible get for what I think will be a collectors edition that will rebound in value eventually.

#746 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13432 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 05:04 PM

Anyone know if its been confirmed the Monster Hunter Stories 2 CE will be a Gamestop-exclusive in the US?

#747 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4979 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 23 April 2021 - 05:34 PM

You guys might not be too thrilled about the White Snow Edition lol.

Game comes separate from the CE contents. I actually accidentally almost threw out the game. It comes in this little cardboard sleeve separate from the White Snow box and I thought it was just an insert to keep it into place. Because that's what it looks like. I picked it up to throw it out and realized it was way heavier than a hollow cardboard insert.

Be careful you don't do the same.

#748 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1507 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 23 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

Anyone know if its been confirmed the Monster Hunter Stories 2 CE will be a Gamestop-exclusive in the US?

It's been confirmed awhile ago

#749 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6698 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 05:38 PM

You guys might not be too thrilled about the White Snow Edition lol.

Game comes separate from the CE contents. I actually accidentally almost threw out the game. It comes in this little cardboard sleeve separate from the White Snow box and I thought it was just an insert to keep it into place. Because that's what it looks like. I picked it up to throw it out and realized it was way heavier than a hollow cardboard insert.

Be careful you don't do the same.

In fairness, they made it clear that it wouldn't all be in one box from the very start and specifically said it would be a "soft bundle".  

#750 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6698 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2021 - 05:40 PM

It's been confirmed awhile ago

The three individual Amiibos were confirmed as Gamestop exclusive (just like the individual Rise ones were), but this morning was the first time the CE was even mentioned.