* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021

#1771 masksacrafice  

masksacrafice

Posted 01 July 2021 - 01:13 AM

I should also mention that it is very easy to sell your games on Heritage... you will never get a return and will always get paid. Fees are obviously higher than ebay, but well worth it for anything high end as you'll get significantly more on there.

I'm curious about selling on there since I never heard of it. Do you need to sell stuff of a minimum price like it has to start at $1000 or something or can you sell single games like some rare games one by one for a couple hundred?

#1772 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 01 July 2021 - 01:24 AM

I'm curious about selling on there since I never heard of it. Do you need to sell stuff of a minimum price like it has to start at $1000 or something or can you sell single games like some rare games one by one for a couple hundred?

They won't sell any game that hasn't been graded by WATA (exception being if it's in a factory sealed case, but that would be a poor choice to sell IMO). You have to call/email them to start the process, it would go into an auction so you can't set the price. The fees are 20% buyer's premium + 10% seller's fee, but you can negotiate the seller portion all the way down to zero if you have an item they want badly enough. So factor in 20-30% total fees. So because of the fees it's only worth it for high end items IMO.

The process will generally take a few months as your item will need to get slotted into an auction. If it's high end it will go into a signature auction which happens every 3-4 months, and there's actually one happening next week. You would physically mail them the item prior to the auction and they ship it to the buyer. It's not even possible to know who the buyer is, unless they post a pic on social media or whatever.

It is possible to sell a fixed price item on there, but it would have to be something that previously came from one of their auctions as you would need to "claim" the item first. 

#1773 masksacrafice  

masksacrafice

Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:02 AM

They won't sell any game that hasn't been graded by WATA (exception being if it's in a factory sealed case, but that would be a poor choice to sell IMO). You have to call/email them to start the process, it would go into an auction so you can't set the price. The fees are 20% buyer's premium + 10% seller's fee, but you can negotiate the seller portion all the way down to zero if you have an item they want badly enough. So factor in 20-30% total fees. So because of the fees it's only worth it for high end items IMO.

The process will generally take a few months as your item will need to get slotted into an auction. If it's high end it will go into a signature auction which happens every 3-4 months, and there's actually one happening next week. You would physically mail them the item prior to the auction and they ship it to the buyer. It's not even possible to know who the buyer is, unless they post a pic on social media or whatever.

It is possible to sell a fixed price item on there, but it would have to be something that previously came from one of their auctions as you would need to "claim" the item first. 

Thanks for the detailed info. I'll think about it and I appreciate your help.

#1774 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1669 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:14 AM

Am I the only person that's still deciding on canceling the joycon preorder from Amazon jp, since I snaged one from best buy.

#1775 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 01 July 2021 - 05:06 AM

Bioware making more Mass Effect Legendary Cache, ship September.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#1776 wolf96  

Posted 01 July 2021 - 08:01 AM

Lol, let me know if you are able to find someone who can reproduce an H-seam... people have been resealing games for over a decade by now, yet no one has figured out how to reproduce an H-seam? C'mon, it just ain't gonna happen.

TIL about the H seam, that's a neat factoid. Thanks for the info, cheers

#1777 wolf96  

Posted 01 July 2021 - 08:07 AM

Bioware making more Mass Effect Legendary Cache, ship September.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I ordered mine in March and it still hasn't even shipped

#1778 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 01 July 2021 - 09:28 AM

Chrono Trigger has already sold for $48k back in Nov., so it would definitely go for over $50k now: https://comics.ha.co...cription-071515

I actually misremembered and thought it went for more, but anyways I wouldn't doubt it would go for like $75k now.

Honestly, that game will be worth more than the current asking price of $72K. Just not tomorrow, but much sooner than we think. It's mostly about whether you can afford to part $72K into something and not need access to the money. It's also why the rich buy valuable art (well, that and they don't have to pay taxes if they "gift" it to someone who then sells it after the art appreciates in value). I remember I bought my Chrono Trigger about 2012 for $110, CIB w/ all inserts + the official Nintendo Power Strategy guide. So, after 10 years it's gone up 10x.

More people are collecting now. And they're not selling. That makes the available inventory for games like Chrono Trigger much smaller/harder to find. Aside, w/ fakes, things will eventually just go the route of every other collectible and get verified by a third-party. So expect verification to become more frequent.

#1779 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:36 PM

Lol, let me know if you are able to find someone who can reproduce an H-seam... people have been resealing games for over a decade by now, yet no one has figured out how to reproduce an H-seam? C'mon, it just ain't gonna happen.

I know what an H-seam is, but that only applies to a small portion of the vintage game market.  The part of your comment “people have been resealing games for over a decade by now, yet no one has figured out how to reproduce an H-seam? C'mon” is what I would most agree with.  I found plenty of anecdotes with a simple google search.  Mostly used game store owners that resealed by hand as a living talking about how they could do it.  Some buyers saying they received h-seam sealed games from eBay that turned out to be fake.  I’m not opening it, but I actually have one from 15 some years ago exactly in this situation.  If someone still had access to a machine that could h-seam, you think they would want to flood the market or advertise that information?  Again, if someone can reproduce one of a kind centuries old hand painted artwork and fool life long scholars and experts, I’m sure they could reproduce a plastic wrap seal and cardboard box that could also fool the experts on those.

Here’s a thought, how much of a role has fear of thawing trade relations with China, and then COVID production and shipping concerns had in vintage game prices going up?  The supply for fakes and reproduction cardboard boxes on demand drying up?

It’s a fact there are WATA graded fakes out there, you don’t know your WATA grader, their credentials, how many games they graded that day, whether they are fighting off a cold or hangover and just want to punch out for the day.  No one is perfect, people can accomplish amazing feats when millions of dollars are on the line, even re-sealing plastic carefully.  I remember seeing reports years ago about how 90% of the high end sports card market are likely fakes…those are still on the market, but not much concern about that now either.

#1780 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:43 PM

#1781 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24253 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:50 PM

Chrono Trigger has already sold for $48k back in Nov., so it would definitely go for over $50k now: https://comics.ha.co...cription-071515

I actually misremembered and thought it went for more, but anyways I wouldn't doubt it would go for like $75k now.

Damn, a 9.6 rating is a pretty impressing for such an old game. 

#1782 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 01 July 2021 - 05:01 PM

Decent price and in stock. I'll bite on that FOMO for now.  It's ok since amazon does not do holding charges.

#1783 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15085 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2021 - 06:11 PM

I ordered mine in March and it still hasn't even shipped

I just got mine yesterday and I was at the beginning of Stage 2.

#1784 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 01 July 2021 - 07:20 PM

Honestly, that game will be worth more than the current asking price of $72K. Just not tomorrow, but much sooner than we think. It's mostly about whether you can afford to part $72K into something and not need access to the money. It's also why the rich buy valuable art (well, that and they don't have to pay taxes if they "gift" it to someone who then sells it after the art appreciates in value). I remember I bought my Chrono Trigger about 2012 for $110, CIB w/ all inserts + the official Nintendo Power Strategy guide. So, after 10 years it's gone up 10x.

More people are collecting now. And they're not selling. That makes the available inventory for games like Chrono Trigger much smaller/harder to find. Aside, w/ fakes, things will eventually just go the route of every other collectible and get verified by a third-party. So expect verification to become more frequent.

Yeah, I have no idea how some people here are so clueless. A mid-production Mario Bros went for $660k in the last auction, I'm sure if a sticker sealed one or an early print Zelda NES went up for auction now it would sell for over a million.

Even garbage common games like Mike Tyson's Punch Out in mediocre grades are around the 100k mark. I would much rather own a high grade Chrono Trigger than a Mike Tyson's Punch Out  :rofl:

#1785 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 01 July 2021 - 07:23 PM

I know what an H-seam is, but that only applies to a small portion of the vintage game market.  The part of your comment “people have been resealing games for over a decade by now, yet no one has figured out how to reproduce an H-seam? C'mon” is what I would most agree with.  I found plenty of anecdotes with a simple google search.  Mostly used game store owners that resealed by hand as a living talking about how they could do it.  Some buyers saying they received h-seam sealed games from eBay that turned out to be fake.  I’m not opening it, but I actually have one from 15 some years ago exactly in this situation.  If someone still had access to a machine that could h-seam, you think they would want to flood the market or advertise that information?  Again, if someone can reproduce one of a kind centuries old hand painted artwork and fool life long scholars and experts, I’m sure they could reproduce a plastic wrap seal and cardboard box that could also fool the experts on those.

Here’s a thought, how much of a role has fear of thawing trade relations with China, and then COVID production and shipping concerns had in vintage game prices going up?  The supply for fakes and reproduction cardboard boxes on demand drying up?

It’s a fact there are WATA graded fakes out there, you don’t know your WATA grader, their credentials, how many games they graded that day, whether they are fighting off a cold or hangover and just want to punch out for the day.  No one is perfect, people can accomplish amazing feats when millions of dollars are on the line, even re-sealing plastic carefully.  I remember seeing reports years ago about how 90% of the high end sports card market are likely fakes…those are still on the market, but not much concern about that now either.

Please send links or images of supposed fake H-seams you have seen. I've seen quite a few of these and am fully confident in my ability to identify resealed Nintendo boxes.

#1786 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 01 July 2021 - 09:35 PM

Yea WATA and their "experts" are total shit, bunch of coin collectors jumping into the game market ordaining themselves an "authority" with literally no game experience at all to take a piece of the VGA pie while the market is hot.

I've seen them deny 2 blatantly authentic sealed Sega Genesis games as reseals, then VGA graded them no problem.

Basically, if the seal isn't as simple as humanly possible (h-seams & overlap seams), wata will deny it because they're just dumb inexperienced people.

Not to mention the most egregious of all is how they OVERGRADE literally everything they get. Notice how eBay is flooded with 9.4+ EVERYTHING, you never see gold VGA grades flooding the market in that density because they actually mean something lol.

Basically everything wata touches as a 9.4+ is in reality a 7 or 7.5 or less. It's destroying the market, but I look forward to all the wata values tanking in the near future. Even the dummies have to catch on eventually.

I've seen numerous close up photographs of their 9's, and they're beat up or "average" most of the time. The sad thing is that games people send to them that are genuinely nice go by the wayside since everybody gets a participation 9.4+. That's how they keep the sheep coming back.

#1787 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 01 July 2021 - 10:57 PM

Yea WATA and their "experts" are total shit, bunch of coin collectors jumping into the game market ordaining themselves an "authority" with literally no game experience at all to take a piece of the VGA pie while the market is hot.

I've seen them deny 2 blatantly authentic sealed Sega Genesis games as reseals, then VGA graded them no problem.

Basically, if the seal isn't as simple as humanly possible (h-seams & overlap seams), wata will deny it because they're just dumb inexperienced people.

Not to mention the most egregious of all is how they OVERGRADE literally everything they get. Notice how eBay is flooded with 9.4+ EVERYTHING, you never see gold VGA grades flooding the market in that density because they actually mean something lol.

Basically everything wata touches as a 9.4+ is in reality a 7 or 7.5 or less. It's destroying the market, but I look forward to all the wata values tanking in the near future. Even the dummies have to catch on eventually.

I've seen numerous close up photographs of their 9's, and they're beat up or "average" most of the time. The sad thing is that games people send to them that are genuinely nice go by the wayside since everybody gets a participation 9.4+. That's how they keep the sheep coming back.

ehhh just learn to play their game and you can do pretty well. I really don't care who grades my games WATA/VGA/whoever, all that matters is maximizing value. If WATA wants to hand out 9's like they're candy, who am I to stop them?  :lol:

btw, VGA has graded their share of fake games as well. Here are a few I've saved: https://imgur.com/a/aocv6HN

#1788 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5100 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 02 July 2021 - 12:17 AM

Anyone know if Amazon ships amiibos in boxes? Or do they use bubble mailers?

#1789 masksacrafice  

masksacrafice

Posted 02 July 2021 - 12:20 AM

From what I experienced, all were boxes. Padding was optional, so if you are collecting, maybe having a backup isnt a bad idea.

#1790 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:42 AM

Generally boxes, but I have still had them put the Amiibo in the box the wrong way and fold the top of the cardback over to make it fit or Amiibos that were obviously damaged before they were packed.

#1791 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1178 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 05:00 AM

Lol amiibos. Thusly spoke karma.

#1792 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 02 July 2021 - 11:15 AM

I got an email from shopto saying my Skyward Sword and steelbook had a cheaper pre-order price.  The site isn't well laid out, but looks like the game will got $85 shipped instead of $112.  That leaves a $30 credit for a site with $60 shipping.

#1793 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6508 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 11:51 AM

I got an email from shopto saying my Skyward Sword and steelbook had a cheaper pre-order price.  The site isn't well laid out, but looks like the game will got $85 shipped instead of $112.  That leaves a $30 credit for a site with $60 shipping.

how did u manage to get it shipped to US? ive been checking on the site every few days to see if they ship to my country.

#1794 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 02 July 2021 - 11:59 AM

how did u manage to get it shipped to US? ive been checking on the site every few days to see if they ship to my country.

It only worked when it first went live.  They take down US shipping after a while.  

#1795 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 02 July 2021 - 12:33 PM

Nice. I've seen some places still taking pre-orders for skyward sword with steelbook but they over a $100. 

#1796 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:06 PM

My favorite was when amazon put an amiibo in a large box along with a 24pk of juice cans (subscribe and save order) and no other cushioning.  Oof.

#1797 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1669 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:20 PM

Any one received an email from shopto stating they reduced the price of skyward sword preorder?

#1798 srocky26  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:45 PM

Any one received an email from shopto stating they reduced the price of skyward sword preorder?

Nope. No one has posted anything about it this morning.

I got an email from shopto saying my Skyward Sword and steelbook had a cheaper pre-order price. The site isn't well laid out, but looks like the game will got $85 shipped instead of $112. That leaves a $30 credit for a site with $60 shipping.

#1799 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 02:38 PM

Yes I got this as well today. Nice surprise but they refund the amount to your ShopTo account, not your original payment method.

#1800 Blankboi  

Blankboi

Posted 02 July 2021 - 03:06 PM

c386a34975d1ce6a701ad0ffa2fa0fa7.jpg
61c0b11dd9caeedbe460216a8e8b053f.jpg

Received about 4 in the morning, I’m pleased with shopto for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk