* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021

#1891 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 10 July 2021 - 12:54 AM

Do they even have a customer support #? I’m sorry man and that’s ridiculous bt call them and I hope they can get it sorted out for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they have a support page.  I sent in a ticket and got an auto response. 

#1892 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1454 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2021 - 01:43 AM

Unless I'm doing it wrong, the PS5 installs the PS4 version, then makes a separate PS5 version. Then you can delete the PS4 version (which I didn't realize for awhile). So while installing, it takes 2x the space. Had to delete a bunch of stuff to install FF7.

I haven't set it up yet, so I don't know. I just know that you have to download the PS5 version and keep the disc in the drive to play. I figure that just like with the PS4, the game on the disc will be copied over and updated with the usual day 1 patch anyway, so the size difference between the two probably isn't that different in the end. ie Either way there'll be a huge install size for the game

Thanks for the heads up about the dual installs though. If it does work that way at least now I'll know to make sure to delete the PS4 version once the PS5 version is ready to go! =D

#1893 Blankboi  

Blankboi

Posted 10 July 2021 - 01:44 AM

Yeah they have a support page. I sent in a ticket and got an auto response.

I would say try again and open a new one, Ik I had to speak with them about a payment issue and just to the rep I would cancel and re-order with a new form of payment…sucks cuz Ik you were trying to get the tales of arise collectors edition as well and this isn’t leaving a good mark on you

#1894 Blankboi  

Blankboi

Posted 10 July 2021 - 01:49 AM

I haven't set it up yet, so I don't know. I just know that you have to download the PS5 version and keep the disc in the drive to play. I figure that just like with the PS4, the game on the disc will be copied over and updated with the usual day 1 patch anyway, so the size difference between the two probably isn't that different in the end. ie Either way there'll be a huge install size for the game
Thanks for the heads up about the dual installs though. If it does work that way at least now I'll know to make sure to delete the PS4 version once the PS5 version is ready to go! =D

Sheesh Ik most games with the upgrade path you can select a version to play ie. 3 dots beside game title and should be able to select which version ps4/ps5 to play/download bt with FF7R you have to install ps4 and ps5 simultaneously to transfer your saved data then delete the ps4 version afterwards(it’s a lot Ik)

#1895 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 10 July 2021 - 02:04 AM

New record bois.

Zelda NES sold for $870k: https://comics.ha.co.../a/7261-28030.s

#1896 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4175 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2021 - 02:43 AM

That person’s gonna have regret once they realize the internal battery is dead. Tough break

#1897 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24246 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2021 - 02:52 AM

New record bois.

Zelda NES sold for $870k: https://comics.ha.co.../a/7261-28030.s

Wow. That's prob a once in a lifetime type of thing... that's one of the rarest variants of the game and it's graded a 9, which is pretty amazing for a game over 3 decades old. 

#1898 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 11 July 2021 - 05:27 AM

I told my Girlfriend she needs to get her sealed copy of Legend if Zelda graded now lol

#1899 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1550 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2021 - 01:33 PM

Legend if Zelda is way more rare too

#1900 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1462 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 11 July 2021 - 01:48 PM

Legend if Zelda is way more rare too

Has to be, because none were made on earth. Only in other realms

#1901 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 11 July 2021 - 02:43 PM

Legend If Zelda exists, I saw it at the flea market a few months ago when I picked up Super Mario Bros. on Sega Genesis.

#1902 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2021 - 03:02 PM

Legend If Zelda exists, I saw it at the flea market a few months ago when I picked up Super Mario Bros. on Sega Genesis.

I prefer the super Mario twins for the super88 system

#1903 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2984 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2021 - 04:20 PM

Speaking of Zelda and rarity. What're the odds I can find a stupid pair of Zelda Joy-Cons this upcoming week?

#1904 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4387 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 11 July 2021 - 04:28 PM

Speaking of Zelda and rarity. What're the odds I can find a stupid pair of Zelda Joy-Cons this upcoming week?

I'm wondering the same. I have an order on amazon.jp for about $92 shipped, but would much rather get the us version for MSRP. I'm sure by the time they're in stock these ones will ship.

#1905 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6235 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2021 - 04:29 PM

Target has them highlighted in their weekly ad, so I’d keep an eye on the Target app starting late Thursday night. Might be able to reserve a pair for in-store pickup. If that doesn’t work, you could watch GameStop.com early Friday morning and see if they pop back on for shipping. Those would be my top 2 options, with Best Buy, Walmart or Amazon a distant third option (not sure all of them sold those joy cons to begin with).

#1906 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7237 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 11 July 2021 - 04:32 PM

I'm wondering the same. I have an order on amazon.jp for about $92 shipped, but would much rather get the us version for MSRP. I'm sure by the time they're in stock these ones will ship.

You can have my order if you don't mind paying cost plus shipping. I am going to cancel my order or you might get lucky on release day once people start canceling their order.

#1907 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2984 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2021 - 05:03 PM

You can have my order if you don't mind paying cost plus shipping. I am going to cancel my order or you might get lucky on release day once people start canceling their order.

If tht offer stands and no one else is up for it, I may. 

Target has them highlighted in their weekly ad, so I’d keep an eye on the Target app starting late Thursday night. Might be able to reserve a pair for in-store pickup. If that doesn’t work, you could watch GameStop.com early Friday morning and see if they pop back on for shipping. Those would be my top 2 options, with Best Buy, Walmart or Amazon a distant third option (not sure all of them sold those joy cons to begin with).

I’m actually free to go to store this Friday and can be online Thu-Fri night. I was busy with work previously and totally missed out on pre-orders. Hell, I missed out on the Zelda SB and just gave up and put an order in for the Shop4Megastore $99 bundle :( Don’t wanna overpay for the Joy-Cons also. 

Stupid ShopTo restricting shipping….

#1908 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9712 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2021 - 06:16 PM

It's in the Target ad.  That means they have to have them available in-store through some means on Friday.    Which means they could go up on the website at 2am for in-store pickup.  They might have them at the electronics register at 7am Friday.   The store might forget about them and leave them in a box in the back.  If it's something that's important to you then you need to go in and talk to the electronics supervisor and ask them how they are going to handle distributing these items. 

If Target has some electronics in the Sunday Ad then they put aside quantities for it to be available on the stated release date. 

#1909 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2984 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2021 - 07:49 PM

It's in the Target ad. That means they have to have them available in-store through some means on Friday. Which means they could go up on the website at 2am for in-store pickup. They might have them at the electronics register at 7am Friday. The store might forget about them and leave them in a box in the back. If it's something that's important to you then you need to go in and talk to the electronics supervisor and ask them how they are going to handle distributing these items.

If Target has some electronics in the Sunday Ad then they put aside quantities for it to be available on the stated release date.

Gotcha. And so the 2AM means they update their website midnight mountain usually then? Thanks for the advice. I'll call and ask em what they're planning on doing.

#1910 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7237 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 11 July 2021 - 08:33 PM

If tht offer stands and no one else is up for it, I may.

I’m actually free to go to store this Friday and can be online Thu-Fri night. I was busy with work previously and totally missed out on pre-orders. Hell, I missed out on the Zelda SB and just gave up and put an order in for the Shop4Megastore $99 bundle :( Don’t wanna overpay for the Joy-Cons also.

Stupid ShopTo restricting shipping….

Yeah sure, if you are not able to get it.

#1911 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 12 July 2021 - 01:16 AM

And just like that, Legend of Zelda has already been beaten by Super Mario 64 for $1.56 million!

https://comics.ha.co.../a/7261-28137.s

#1912 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 12 July 2021 - 01:49 AM

It's in the Target ad. That means they have to have them available in-store through some means on Friday. Which means they could go up on the website at 2am for in-store pickup. They might have them at the electronics register at 7am Friday. The store might forget about them and leave them in a box in the back. If it's something that's important to you then you need to go in and talk to the electronics supervisor and ask them how they are going to handle distributing these items.

It could still be a clusterfuck at Target though. They had the Sanrio amiibo cards in their ad when those came out and it was a mess trying to order them for in store pick up. Some stores sold them in store so then they didn’t have enough to cover the online orders.

If the joy cons are in store, you’ll be fighting off the scalpers.

#1913 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2021 - 02:03 AM

Bought fallout 3 ce and sekiro ce this week on mercari $87 combined shipped no game for both but whatever

#1914 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2984 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2021 - 05:19 AM

And just like that, Legend of Zelda has already been beaten by Super Mario 64 for $1.56 million!

https://comics.ha.co.../a/7261-28137.s

What am I missing here? It's there something exceptional about this copy other than the condition?

#1915 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4415 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2021 - 05:20 AM

What am I missing here? It's there something exceptional about this copy other than the condition?

Nothing that anyone knows of, it's a little suspicious if you ask me.

#1916 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7102 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 12 July 2021 - 06:09 AM

It's a first production of the game (so it's one of the first copies of the game to be produced when it came out). It's graded at 9.8 which means it might as well be in perfect condition. I've never seen a WATA 10 graded game (from that era) but either way, it's the highest graded copy of the game to exist. Any original Nintendo game from before the Gamecube era will be worth thousands of dollars since you'd have to keep such items in that condition for 2+ decades which is pretty hard to do.

#1917 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:01 AM

Welp I might cancel my Amazon jp joy con order after all. The US dollar is rising and 100 dollars for joy cons ill stick with my msrp instead

#1918 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 12 July 2021 - 08:16 AM

It's a first production of the game (so it's one of the first copies of the game to be produced when it came out). It's graded at 9.8 which means it might as well be in perfect condition. I've never seen a WATA 10 graded game (from that era) but either way, it's the highest graded copy of the game to exist. Any original Nintendo game from before the Gamecube era will be worth thousands of dollars since you'd have to keep such items in that condition for 2+ decades which is pretty hard to do.

Lol the game isn't even a real 9.8 either, you can see a huge wear spot on the bottom corner of the game box and I know that's not the only flaw on the box. A 9.8 would literally be like a case fresh copy, virtually perfect. Wata is so grotesquely overrated.

#1919 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24246 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2021 - 01:59 PM

Lol the game isn't even a real 9.8 either, you can see a huge wear spot on the bottom corner of the game box and I know that's not the only flaw on the box. A 9.8 would literally be like a case fresh copy, virtually perfect. Wata is so grotesquely overrated.

I believe that's part of the artwork, don't think that's wear. It's like the clouds, just got cut-off. Here's a random pic I found that kinda shows it. 

https://thechozoproj...lgia-square.jpg

I'm not gonna defend Wata (or VGA) since I never used either, but Heritage auctions likely wouldn't just work with any company. When people are paying tons of money of stuff, they due their due diligence. 

EDIT* And I can understand the unlikely chance of someone having a near perfect copy games from decades ago but I wouldn't say it's impossible, especially for a game from the mid 90s. Prob speculative, someone saw older games being harder and harder to find and realized this is something that has a chance to be a collectible. 

#1920 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 12 July 2021 - 04:22 PM

The fact Wata does not release population reports should be telling what type of company it is lol