* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021

#2251 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38157 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2021 - 10:26 PM

Did you order the switch or ps4 version? My switch version from amazon japan still hasn't shipped yet =/

PS4.

#2252 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1672 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 01 August 2021 - 11:14 PM

Got my PS4 Ace Attorney Turnabout Collection from Amazon JP, they shipped with DHL on 28th. Amazon JP didn't use a box to ship it, they used the cardboard mailer. The outer cardboard casing holding the 2 games is very flimsy, got a crease on the spine prob due to handling during transit.
Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Yup got the same, in a cardboard mailer but mine package wasn't destroyed thank god.

#2253 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1672 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 02 August 2021 - 03:49 AM

https://www.amazon.c...db-79ff628fde9c

Amazon UK still has zelda steelbook can finally be shipped overseas if anyone still looking out

#2254 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6508 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:03 PM

Amazon UK still has zelda steelbook can finally be shipped overseas if anyone still looking out

too bad i bought the one from Shop4MegaStore for $90 sigh

#2255 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6508 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:07 PM

*EDIT double post.

#2256 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24262 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 01:50 PM

Just picked up my SS order from shop4world and package arrived in pretty ugly shape but everything inside was fine, outside of the poster. Just like everyone else, it was packed relatively well. 

Will definitely consider them again in the future. 

#2257 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 02 August 2021 - 03:43 PM

I sent Bandai another support ticket about the Scarlet Nexus steelbook since they didn't respond to my last one.  I got the game, but it seems not many steelbooks went out.  

#2258 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 02 August 2021 - 07:10 PM

Yea Nintendo truly is a POS company, there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have offered that steelbook in the USA the same way. They come off as prejudice to the US when we're their bread and butter. The US market should be first in line for all extras and bonus items the same as or even in place of other markets. It's just seems smart from a business perspective.

#2259 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7106 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 August 2021 - 07:48 PM

Yea Nintendo truly is a POS company, there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have offered that steelbook in the USA the same way. They come off as prejudice to the US when we're their bread and butter. The US market should be first in line for all extras and bonus items the same as or even in place of other markets. It's just seems smart from a business perspective.

Nintendo, as well as any company, has different divisions. So you have Nintendo of America, Nintendo Japan, Nintendo of Europe, etc. Though they are all Nintendo, they don't all have the same production and compliance around the world. So though Nintendo of Europe, for example, will get a CE, that doesn't mean Nintendo of America has approval from Nintendo Japan (main), federal law, ESRB qualifications, etc. etc. 

There are many reasons why a CE won't reach another country, mainly due to local laws preventing it as well as the parent company not thinking an item will sell as well in other countries to warrant selling it there. 

It might seem like a smart business move, but that doesn't mean it is for a parent company.

#2260 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:01 PM

I'm not talking about a CE, I'm talking about a free add on item, the Zelda Steelbook. There are no ratings or red tape for these free add-on items to be included with a release.

#2261 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:11 PM

I'm not talking about a CE, I'm talking about a free add on item, the Zelda Steelbook. There are no ratings or red tape for these free add-on items to be included with a release.

There is certainly a cost and potentially not much benefit since people will buy Nintendo first party games in the United States without additional gifts.  Without knowing what's going on behind the scenes, we really don't know what barriers there may be to bringing some of these extra items to the United States.  

#2262 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7106 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:31 PM

It cost money to produce that and the cost of it might not make sense to provide it for free to other regions. America isn't the only location not getting that steelbook either which means other regions had the same thoughts behind it. You still have to manufacture it, have stores hold it (which takes up retail space), have separate advertising for it, etc.

It isn't as simple as making and giving away an item. Nintendo of America might not want to deal with it or see no reason to have it when people are already going to buy it. Why spend time and money making an item to be given away for free when people were already going to buy said item?

#2263 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:39 PM

With the rising trend of construction paper quality cardboard mailer usage by retailers, be wary of a much higher risk of damage during handling and transit, especially when importing from oversea.

#2264 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 02 August 2021 - 11:50 PM

It cost money to produce that and the cost of it might not make sense to provide it for free to other regions. America isn't the only location not getting that steelbook either which means other regions had the same thoughts behind it. You still have to manufacture it, have stores hold it (which takes up retail space), have separate advertising for it, etc.

It isn't as simple as making and giving away an item. Nintendo of America might not want to deal with it or see no reason to have it when people are already going to buy it. Why spend time and money making an item to be given away for free when people were already going to buy said item?

Your argument explains nothing. People in Europe are clearly going to buy the game without the incentive of that free Steelbook as well, the same as the US market, how is that an explanation. Cost of the steelbooks & "retail space" can't be a driving factor here, they're already re-selling a decade old complete game for $60, that's huge profit. Maybe that would be a great reason in itself to give all regions the free bonus steelbook, if not everyone particularly their most lucrative high spending region then.

Some clear Nintendo Fanboyism is starting to show.

#2265 *Deathblade2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

*Deathblade2

Posted 03 August 2021 - 12:16 AM

Your argument explains nothing. People in Europe are clearly going to buy the game without the incentive of that free Steelbook as well, the same as the US market, how is that an explanation. Cost of the steelbooks & "retail space" can't be a driving factor here, they're already re-selling a decade old complete game for $60, that's huge profit. Maybe that would be a great reason in itself to give all regions the free bonus steelbook, if not everyone particularly their most lucrative high spending region then.

Some clear Nintendo Fanboyism is starting to show.

More like your lack of business economics is showing. Dudes explanation is valid with logic, yours is rife with feelings and conjecture. No company gives away free stuff if they don’t feel like they have to as an incentive , or it isn’t some form of good will toward the customer that they expect a return of investment on. Nintendo of America hasn’t been on that train since EVER really. Closest thing I can recall is the free NES dragon warrior with a Nintendo power subscription….and guess what, they were both trying to get a foothold on rpgs here in US AND get people to subscribe to Nintendo power.

So a “free” game to get people to play a genre that had almost no popularity on the console and also establish their fledgling magazine. They got a helluva return of investment for both on that.

#2266 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 03 August 2021 - 12:52 AM

More like your lack of business economics is showing. Dudes explanation is valid with logic, yours is rife with feelings and conjecture. No company gives away free stuff if they don’t feel like they have to as an incentive , or it isn’t some form of good will toward the customer that they expect a return of investment on. Nintendo of America hasn’t been on that train since EVER really. Closest thing I can recall is the free NES dragon warrior with a Nintendo power subscription….and guess what, they were both trying to get a foothold on rpgs here in US AND get people to subscribe to Nintendo power.

So a “free” game to get people to play a genre that had almost no popularity on the console and also establish their fledgling magazine. They got a helluva return of investment for both on that.

More Nintendo Fanboyism and obvious illiteracy.

Re-read what I wrote, you're way off topic so try to focus. The fact is, there is no need to "incentivize" Europe to buy the game just like there is no need to in the US, yet Europe got the steelbook and no one else did. Europe was going to buy the shit out of this title like everyone else regardless of a steelbook, poster, keychain or any other freebie, the cost of these items is pennies on the dollar in overall returns.

I highlighted it in bold for you so you can understand it.

Business literacy is "Let's keep our most lucrative region happy" which is the US, where the steelbooks should go naturally. There is no rationale behind making it only available to the European market despite your block of text with no substance.

Try again.

#2267 *Deathblade2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

*Deathblade2

Posted 03 August 2021 - 01:04 AM

More Nintendo Fanboyism and obvious illiteracy.

Re-read what I wrote, you're way off topic so try to focus. The fact is, there is no need to "incentivize" Europe to buy the game just like there is no need to in the US, yet Europe got the steelbook and no one else did. Europe was going to buy the shit out of this title like everyone else regardless of a steelbook, poster, keychain or any other freebie, the cost of these items is pennies on the dollar in overall returns.

I highlighted it in bold for you so you can understand it.

Business literacy is "Let's keep our most lucrative region happy" which is the US, where the steelbooks should go naturally. There is no rationale behind making it only available to the European market despite your block of text with no substance.

Try again.

Good god I feel like I got baited by IATG…whatever dude, carry on.

#2268 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 03 August 2021 - 01:06 AM

Ya nice retort dude. I put it in 1 sentence for you, thought maybe you had something intelligent to add but you just got stumped and walked away?

Common sense prevails again.

#2269 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2989 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2021 - 02:25 AM

God Fuck ing dammit. Welp. Amazon missed out on the extra $40 I gave the dickheads at Shop4Megastore

#2270 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 03 August 2021 - 11:33 AM

God Fuck ing dammit. Welp. Amazon missed out on the extra $40 I gave the dickheads at Shop4Megastore

It's just part of getting stuff like this.  We never know if it's going to be rare (usually is for Nintendo) or if it'll be around for a while and end up cheaper in a couple of weeks.  it all depends on how much you will spend on that guarantee. 

#2271 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 04 August 2021 - 12:14 AM

Shenmue 3 steelbook is now sold out.

#2272 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2021 - 12:29 AM

I tried contacting shop4world about my smashed skyward sword but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone have any luck getting a response from them? It has been a week.

#2273 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 04 August 2021 - 01:15 AM

Still waiting on my Shop4Megastore Skyward Sword bundle

No tracking, no random packages at my doorstep

#2274 Blankboi  

Blankboi

Posted 04 August 2021 - 01:16 AM

Still waiting on my Shop4Megastore Skyward Sword bundle

No tracking, no random packages at my doorstep

You can check the eta on their website, mines arrived yesterday in pristine condition thankfully, steelbook packaged in bubble mailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2275 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 04 August 2021 - 01:19 AM

You can check the eta on their website, mines arrived yesterday in pristine condition thankfully, steelbook packaged in bubble mailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last update said Dispatched on July 16th

Something new though that I just noticed since u made that comment, it now says Dispatched at the top of the page where before it said ETA July 26 - August 6th, so.... good news?

#2276 solidFire501   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

solidFire501

Posted 04 August 2021 - 04:56 AM

I missed out on ordering the Zelda joycon when it first released, but it looks like both Amazon and Best Buy are getting more stock.  Both sites are allowing orders with a future shipping date.  I placed an order on Best Buy.  Oddly enough, I could not choose to have it shipped to me when I ordered, so had to opt for in store pick up.  Says it should be ready for pick up on August 12.  Figured I'd share in case it helps anyone else score one that missed out like I did.

#2277 elessar123  

Posted 04 August 2021 - 12:55 PM

Play Asia just told me that my Great Ace Attorney (PS4) from April 22 can't be fulfilled.

#2278 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3373 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2021 - 01:02 PM

Play Asia just told me that my Great Ace Attorney (PS4) from April 22 can't be fulfilled.

That's rough - and made me go check mine.  Showing that the 7/29 order shipped yesterday 8/3.

#2279 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 04 August 2021 - 02:53 PM

Amazon JP still have about 7 left if you dont mind pay shipping

#2280 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11604 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2021 - 04:37 PM

Got both of my Great Ace's in from Amazon JP (The Switch and PS4 Collections). Look pristine and came within like 2-3 days of shipping. Gotta love their insane shipping speeds even if the cost is high