CAGcast #665: Our Fav 5 of 2020

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Cyberpunk 2077 and shares their favorite 5 games of 2020.

Download (1 hr 49 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Today's show is brought to you by Hello Fresh! Visit hellofresh.com/80CAGCAST and use code 80CAGCAST to get $80 off, including free shipping !

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Aluna - Envious (Kiddy Smile Remix)
Outro - Twitch Raid - Lord_Grym

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Favorite 5 Games of 2020:

[attachment=35101:fav 5 all.png]

1) Adam Levine, not Lambert covered Prince on the Stern Birthday Bash

2) You're thinking about INXS, who were on the "Rock Star" reality show looking for a new lead

@wombat respect for GOTYing Doom Eternal, the only game I've ever paid full price for and then quit because it was too hard (damn marauders). Glad you were able to finish it. I loved it when it wasn't being ridiculous. I quit when I realized I wasn't having fun after replaying the first marauder battle for a few hours.

These lists made me realize most of the games I played this year were not from this year, or they were chosen only as something I could play with my kid.

My top 5 from this year that I played this year:

• AC Valhalla
  • Maneater
  • My Friend Pedro (ok, it's December 2019, cmon, that's 2020)
  • Moving Out
  • What the Golf!

But what I played the most of:

• Witcher 3 GOTY
  • AC Odyssey
  • Untitled Goose Game
  • Lego DC Villains

It's probably not gonna go over well with some folks, but I thought Cyberpunk 2077 was boring as shit. 

I'm playing on a 3070 and the game looks SPECtacular. But that's all it is. All style, no substance. That game needed another year, not only for bugs, but to punch up the script. The convos sometimes go on for seemingly no other reason than to insert some more cyber-speak. That's just my opinion though.

I cannot believe Tony Hawk wasn't Ship's #1, but good on you; Yakuza deserves the love.

Also I don't wanna rain on Wombat's parade, but considering how much he talks about Fortnite now, I get the impression that Cheapy and Ship might actually think Wombat could possibly be skilled at a video game, and I just can't abide by that idea being entertained in any rational reality. So just to be clear, Fortnite lobbies have been filled with bots since before Wombat got into it, which have ai that makes Cyberpunk NPCs look sentient.

Question for Cheapy - I started  up Yakuza like a dragon with Japanese audio like you suggested.  I noticed when it came time to pick the subtitle language a warning appeared stating 'French, Italian, German and Spanish Subtitles are more accurate to the Japanese audio'.  Does this mean lip movement, or content?  Has your wife noticed any notable differences between what the characters are saying and the translated text?

If there is a difference in content between the English subtitles and Japanese audio, do you know why that might happen?  

Great show & I hope you had a fantastic holiday season. 

Can't wait for Shipwreck to play Hades. Interested in his thoughts on it. Also it's plays pretty flawlessly on Switch. I recommend it there personally. Played on PC too.

Also surprised Hades didn't pull Cheapy in more.... Wondering if Thai would like it because of all the deep greek mythology the story is driven by.

Wombat did you try the multiplayer in Doom? Wondering if you did and your thoughts. It's not a typical deathmatch like the first one at all.

Christ. Wombat, why bother recommending anything to Cheapy when he goes out of his way to act like a gaping a-hole toward you the whole time?

Regarding CD Projekt Red, they have a history with terrible PR.

Long before the Witcher 3 was released they claimed it would be coming to Linux. This got the Linux gaming community (which is obviously very small) very excited. When people called CD Projekt out for failing to deliver on their promise, they threw their toys out of the pram and said words to the effect of "screw you - because of your reaction we will never release anything for Linux now".

I was eventually able to play Witcher 3 on Linux, and it ran flawlessly thanks to Valve's work on Proton. No thanks to CD Projekt Red. I have little sympathy for them.

Best wishes to all of you for the New Year.

Long time listener! I started listening to you guys in sixth grade (11 years old I think?) and I'm 26 now. So you three are practically my second parents, and oddly enough, have helped shaped my influences and mindset. I know that might seem bizarre but its true and I really really appreciate all of you endlessly. I've actually never wrote into the show for any reason but you guys are such a massive part of my day, even if a new show doesn't come out I listen to old shows EVERYDAY and have probably listened to each show at least three times, and as I'm typing this I'm realizing how fucked that is. I would probably win a CAG trivia show.

BUT, I do have a question. On Episode 227 (Feb 3, 2011), Shipwreck introduces "Top Analyst" to the show. Which in my opinion, is a sweet segment. A, please bring it back! B, on the episode you guys mentioned keeping a Google Doc to record all of these predictions, if you still have these predictions somewhere, can you please go over them? 

Ship's prediction on that episode: For the first three years that the vita is out, it would be the 5th selling mobile game device, at best. - The iPhone, Android Phones, 3DS, and DS being the other four. Looking at what I can find, the Vita sliiiiightly edged out the DS in that timeframe. So I think Ship got this incorrect. 

Cheapy's prediction: Vita CHEAPEST release price would be $249.99 - The WiFi version released at that price so thats perfect. 

Wombat's prediction: DC Universe Online cracks the top 6 of the NPD's next month. - It came in at 10 for that month so close but no. 

Bring back this segment! Also bring back CAG shopping news! Take care and thanks for being my second parents and helping me grow up properly. You guys are great role models and I hope you do this podcast until you all die of very old age.

Don't know if "Top Analyst" would be worth a recurring bit, but since we're coming up on the new year, it would be fun to revisit for a "2021 Predictions."

bread's done
Back