* * * - - 2 votes

PSA Best Buy now giving refunds for Cyberpunk 2077

#91 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   962 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

They could’ve saved themselves a lot of trouble if they announced earlier in the year that this is a PS5/Series X game, slapped new gen artwork on the box, and then said “play at your own risk” for previous gen. I’m not sure why they were so hellbent on making this a PS4/X1 release when it seems like a lot of the delays were around getting it to actually work on those systems.

Simple.  The Pre-Orders would have dropped like a rock.  The install base of XSX and PS5 versus Xbox One and PS4 is a huge difference.

#92 ppitchfork  

ppitchfork

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:46 PM

Simple. The Pre-Orders would have dropped like a rock. The install base of XSX and PS5 versus Xbox One and PS4 is a huge difference.

This is true, and I came to the same conclusion, but it would’ve saved them money in the long run as they wouldn’t be giving out refunds, stock prices might’ve dipped but not crashed, and it would likely be a day 1 purchase for people once they did get their hands on a 5/X. UNLESS they really had no idea that it performed so poorly on the 4/1, which seems so bizarre to me that I have a hard time believing it.

That said, I started playing it on PS5 last night. There weren’t any technical issues so far, but the real indictment on this game should be how much it feels dated. The city feels kinda sparse, the controls aren’t that great, the graphics are great in some scenes, but look like an early gen PS4 game most of the time. It’s fairly fun so far, but there’s nothing innovative about it, and I doubt I’ll remember much about it a year from now unless things really change after about 6 hours in.

#93 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:33 PM

Not sure if this is SOP but Best Buy is giving me until 1/16 to return my cyberpunk CE that I received the first week of December.

#94 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6677 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:54 PM

Not sure if this is SOP but Best Buy is giving me until 1/16 to return my cyberpunk CE that I received the first week of December.

That may just be their extended holiday return policy. 

#95 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:38 PM

That may just be their extended holiday return policy.

Ahh, absolutely likely.

#96 madmak28   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

madmak28

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:59 AM

Ahh, absolutely likely.

I'd like to know what happens here since I haven't heard anyone else trying to return the CE after BBY stated 12/27 last month.  I'm not crazy about carrying that sized box around.

#97 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3765 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:50 AM

I got the same date too but I am on elite pplus so I "should" have an extra week.  I want to keep it and sell the statue for 100 ish but no luck so far.

#98 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:58 AM

Heads up! Steam copy was added to my library today. No email or anything regarding the exchange was sent. Maybe it will follow shortly.....?

#99 kemosahbe  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:17 AM

Heads up! Steam copy was added to my library today. No email or anything regarding the exchange was sent. Maybe it will follow shortly.....?

I got a PC copy added to my library Friday. No email or anything. I looked on Reddit and Twitter and didn’t see anyone else mention getting their exchange copies yet. It does seem like they were bluffing when they made us agree to return our console copies as part of the return/exchange though.

#100 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:31 AM

I got a PC copy added to my library Friday. No email or anything. I looked on Reddit and Twitter and didn’t see anyone else mention getting their exchange copies yet. It does seem like they were bluffing when they made us agree to return our console copies as part of the return/exchange though.

Hmmmm.....I wonder how many people filled out the form? As mentioned previously by a CAG, the shipping cost alone could be substantial.

#101 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6784 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:25 AM

I got an email asking for my paypal address because I requested a refund. 

#102 mchittumjr  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:51 PM

I got an email asking for my paypal address because I requested a refund. 

I got the same email.

Are they going to have us ship these back to them?

#103 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6784 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:14 PM

I got the same email.

Are they going to have us ship these back to them?

I don’t know, they could just be bluffing like someone mentioned.

#104 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6677 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:18 PM

Sounds like they are - I would think they would've provided you with a label already if they were gonna follow through with that. 

#105 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3765 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:16 PM

What is this email everyone been talking about?  I am on elite plud and technically I SHOULD have until 1/24 to return my cyberpunk.  However, on bestbuy.com it still say 16.  Can they deny my return?  STILL tryign to sell the statue

#106 mchittumjr  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:38 PM

I received my refund today via Paypal. Message said "Ticket No. , Refund for physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox One/PlayStation 4." Still nothing on returning the game.

#107 ph14woozies  

ph14woozies

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

I received my refund today via Paypal. Message said "Ticket No. , Refund for physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox One/PlayStation 4." Still nothing on returning the game.

Same, just got my refund (264$) for collector today via Paypal as well. tbh, I dont think they will ask us to ship the game back to Poland lol since it would cost a lot of money to ship these oversea especially a huge collector box

#108 ppitchfork  

ppitchfork

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:52 PM

This is true, and I came to the same conclusion, but it would’ve saved them money in the long run as they wouldn’t be giving out refunds, stock prices might’ve dipped but not crashed, and it would likely be a day 1 purchase for people once they did get their hands on a 5/X. UNLESS they really had no idea that it performed so poorly on the 4/1, which seems so bizarre to me that I have a hard time believing it.

That said, I started playing it on PS5 last night. There weren’t any technical issues so far, but the real indictment on this game should be how much it feels dated. The city feels kinda sparse, the controls aren’t that great, the graphics are great in some scenes, but look like an early gen PS4 game most of the time. It’s fairly fun so far, but there’s nothing innovative about it, and I doubt I’ll remember much about it a year from now unless things really change after about 6 hours in.

I know it’s a bit off topic, but I did want to update my previous statement. I’m about 25-30 hours in now and I think the game is great! On PS5 it does crash about once every 3 or 4 hours, but the load times are so fast I’m back in the game in 5-10 minutes, the auto saves are generous so it’s no biggie. The game is a cross between Deus Ex, Rage, and watch dogs (the hacking, anyway) IMO. The game really takes off once you meet Johnny silverhand, and the other characters are really starting to shine at this point as well. I still think the non-hub city portions feel pretty dated, along with the AI, but this is really a good game if you’ve got a PS5, XX, or PC to play it on. Does it meet the hype? No, but if you approach it with no preconceived notions you’re going to have a really good time.

#109 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3339 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:56 AM

Agreed its awesome on ps5

#110 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10735 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:06 AM

Heads up if you submitted a refund request but haven't filled it out with photos and proof of purchases. I just got an e-mail from CDPR they extended the deadline for the form until the end of January which is even nicer!

#111 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:34 AM

I know it’s a bit off topic, but I did want to update my previous statement. I’m about 25-30 hours in now and I think the game is great! On PS5 it does crash about once every 3 or 4 hours, but the load times are so fast I’m back in the game in 5-10 minutes, the auto saves are generous so it’s no biggie. The game is a cross between Deus Ex, Rage, and watch dogs (the hacking, anyway) IMO. The game really takes off once you meet Johnny silverhand, and the other characters are really starting to shine at this point as well. I still think the non-hub city portions feel pretty dated, along with the AI, but this is really a good game if you’ve got a PS5, XX, or PC to play it on. Does it meet the hype? No, but if you approach it with no preconceived notions you’re going to have a really good time.

Restarted on the PC after the exchange and I must say, I am enjoying it but the game is so f'n buggy. Stuff floating in air, texture issues on vehicles, etc. I called for my car and I watched as it was driving through walls, flying and being torn apart prior to getting to me. When it arrived all the doors had fallen off and the vehicle looked horrible. It was actually entertaining to watch:) It is a bit of a tragedy because of all the hype that I had for this game. Oh well. I do plan on seeing the game through and I am sure it will be an enjoyable process.