Bestbuy mystery coupon

malfcn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Click for your chance to get up to $5,000 in reward certificates.

Mine was dated 7th of Dec. Ymmv because mine isn't losing 2. Gmail wasn't showing email until recently. Hopefully not too late.

I get 2-3 emails from BBY every day for the past 4-5 months after signing up for their marketing/promotional emails since that's the only way to get these certs. I have yet to receive a bonus cert though. 

Yup got $5 earlier this week. BBY has given me about $40+ in free certs since this November. Not sure what triggers it but before this year, last year’s November was the last time I bought something from there and that’s because they sent a free cert. So I guess they know when they give me a free cert, I’ll buy something there lol.

People that get these coupons, are you just not ordering from BB over the year?  I'm Elite Plus and still order pretty frequently, likewise I haven't gotten one of these coupons in 8 or more years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get 2-3 emails from BBY every day for the past 4-5 months after signing up for their marketing/promotional emails since that's the only way to get these certs. I have yet to receive a bonus cert though.
I unsubbed a year back and after GCU died for me this year, that was the end of my shopping there except for games with $10 rewards. I'd call that a bigger win vs $5 rewards once every year.

I bought a $1,000 TV last month and it posted 25 points to my account. To earn a $5 reward, it takes 250 points. WTF.
Yup. I think they nerfed the points you earn at every level a while back. You pretty much need to use the credit card and buy a ridiculous amount of things in a year to not only qualify for the best level of rewards, but to earn damn near anything. To add insult to injury, they also got rid of a lot of opportunities for bonus points, and they don't let you earn on things like Apple products.

I checked and I did get one, but it wont load the page. Damn I hope I didn't miss this

People that get these coupons, are you just not ordering from BB over the year? I'm Elite Plus and still order pretty frequently, likewise I haven't gotten one of these coupons in 8 or more years.
I order from Best Buy all the time and I've gotten a few of them past few years. It feels truly random.

I'd also like to know if anyone has gotten more than the $5 minimum.

I think they basically reward people for not shopping at their store. Maybe make some accounts, don't buy anything and they'll send you free money.

I made it to elite plus for the first time ever this year. I got to elite on my own since I bought a TV and a laptop for the wife (among other things). My brother bought a $2,000 mac and used my phone number so I got credit for the purchase. Too bad that you don’t get points on Apple products!

The bad part is that I don’t get the mystery certs anymore.

I made it to elite plus for the first time ever this year. I got to elite on my own since I bought a TV and a laptop for the wife (among other things). My brother bought a $2,000 mac and used my phone number so I got credit for the purchase. Too bad that you don’t get points on Apple products!

The bad part is that I don’t get the mystery certs anymore.
You don’t get points on Apple product purchases? That’s lame

I bought a $2,000 TV and was waiting for my $.40 cert and got zilch. Also got my friend’s SeriesX under my number and I till don’t have a cert. Bastards!

Where is said coupon in the email? Do you have to click anywhere, or does it show up on the automatically when you open up the email?
It’s right under the icons and you have to click to activate. Lemme attach screen shot. I always use bates cash back and PayPal, not sure if they make a difference on these YMMV things. Ended up ordering some cheap JLab ear buds for $10 after using the cert.

[attachment=35108:D50BDC86-E820-4F24-9241-5A0CD553A4B5.jpeg]

Yeah, nothing for me either. Kind of BS. Spend $1,000s there a year. You think the least they could do is toss me a $10 cert now and then. 

Oh, nothing for me that time. Does this coupon system even work? Anyway, I don't really understand these schemes of yours, so I'm probably shouldn't be outraged. Although, I can share with you some good news. My parents gave me $500 for my birthday and told me that I could spend it on anything I want. I decided to buy games and got several cd keys at cdkeysforgames.com including Gods & Monsters game about Greek mythology. I have been playing it for several days now, and can say that this game perfectly reflects the spirit of the past and is extremely entertaining.

New email titled “the last second savings” may or may not have another new free cert that must be used by 12/24. Got $10.
Thanks! I found one thanks to your tip. I have two accounts, one that is my main account which I use all the time (Elite Plus for the last several years) and another which I hardly ever use, that account seems to get all the bonus certificates. I have gotten several of those “We Miss You” type of emails with GC’s. I have never received a bonus gift card on my main account, I guess they feel they don’t need to lure me in since I use it quite often.

Yes, I had $1,000 in gcs and the TV was $999.97 (or around there) pre-tax. Is there a different point reward system when paying with gift cards?
You don’t earn points when you pay with gift cards. They probably applied some of the gift cards toward the tax and let you earn some points.

The reason is that you don’t get to double dip on points. When you buy Best Buy gift cards from them you earn points. So you don’t earn points when you redeem those gift cards.

I did get that mystery coupon a few weeks back... gave me $5 off and I had like 3 days or so to use it.  Today I got an email for $5 off.  I have bought quite a few games (thanks to some great sale prices) over the last few months.  Nicely this coupon lasts until well into Feb.

bread's done
Back