Assassin's Creed Valhalla $34.99 at Bestbuy - All platforms

I’m laughing every time the price drops cause my wife bought this at launch as an anniversary gift when I told her just wait. I’m trying to hold off on playing it until I get a Xbox Series X anyway so it’s sitting in my game backlog sealed and tucked away.

if only Ubisoft took the time to make a proper open world game other than a huge map with buncha cut and paste assets and busy side quests that game would retain its value.  

Trying to get my day one purchase PM'd through their chat now. The whole process is such an ordeal it almost makes me want to not even bother.

if only Ubisoft took the time to make a proper open world game other than a huge map with buncha cut and paste assets and busy side quests that game would retain its value.
You do know these games continue to sell millions, right? The only people who care about its perceived value are the people rushing out to buy it day one, while Ubisoft laughs all the way to the bank.

Interesting. I was trying to price adjust my Razer Kishi for the second time the other day and the rep said they only do it once now. Sigh.
That is the policy, Your only officially allowed 1 price adjustment per item but they can do more if the rep processes it.

Thanks. My wife just bought this for me tonight but Walmart was still 50 bucks so I gotta get them to adjust the price or return it tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You do know these games continue to sell millions, right? The only people who care about its perceived value are the people rushing out to buy it day one, while Ubisoft laughs all the way to the bank.
They might... They might not. WD Leigon was half priced less than a month from launch, sounds like desperation. You can find this game for 15bux next year. No point overpaying for this grindfest.

I've enjoyed what I've played of the game. It really only becomes a grind if you decide to go for all the trophies/achievements. 

Came out a bit ahead once I finally got the PM. I used $55 in reward certs towards the original purchase (including a bonus $10 one they randomly gave me) and got a $25 cert returned plus the $5.53 I had put on my credit card. 

Amazon refused to price match any of my games this year so im sticking to Best buy or GameStop, so done with Amazon at this point. They wouldn't even give me a match on watch dogs legion I got it $50 at launch and it was $30 like 4 days later and they wouldn't give me any money back.

At this point all three of ubisoft's big games can soon be had for less than the cost of one of them at launch. Fenyx is already down to $40 too. I'm not complaining they're all pretty good games actually especially if you're playing them on the series x or s. I'm really digging Fenyx, it gets really good after the first couple of hours!

Last edited by a moderator:
At first they offered a $14 refund. After I said I could drive in a pandemic to return Avs rebuy they fixed it with another $7.

All in all they made it right.

Tempted. I didn’t really like Origins combat and controls, would this be different?
I changed my controls on the last several AC games to old Assassin's Creed style and enjoyed all of them better that way. I just couldn't enjoy the trigger buttons for combat it never felt right to me. There are also a few abilities in Valhalla you can learn that allow you to play more traditional AC style. It's def worth the $35 if you're gonna play it right off. I got a disc copy but I'll be double dipping in March or April when the Gold Edition is $15-$20.

It's back up in price now to 44.99

Walmart and gamestop both have it for 39.99

At this rate it will be less than $20 within a month or two
Lol true. Ubisoft games have a long history of extreme price drops. When sands of time and beyond good & evil came out weeks from each other..neither sold very well. Ubisoft’s solution was to slash both games msrp and bundle them together. I recall it was done weeks after beyond good & evils release abd the price cut was extremely significant >50%.

Since I still have Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey on my shelf left to play I am just waiting for the gold version to go below $30. I made the mistake with Origins and Odyssey by buying the vanilla version and then seeing them continue to sell the Gold version for the same price (or more) than the season pass.

Since I still have Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey on my shelf left to play I am just waiting for the gold version to go below $30. I made the mistake with Origins and Odyssey by buying the vanilla version and then seeing them continue to sell the Gold version for the same price (or more) than the season pass.
Be honest are you even going to play the older games at this point? Lol

Sucker punch beat them to it. Assassins creed in japan. Cmon ubisoft
Yeah, they’re running out of well-known historical periods/locales. I mean, what’s left, the American old west? Far cry primal already did cave people. It’s too late to do feudal Japan now. Maybe a WWI or WWII setting, but I think they’d really like to avoid guns and vehicles.

I skipped Syndicate, Origins, and Odyssey and so far in Valhalla I don't feel like I missed anything. 60+ hours in and I'm enjoying it a lot still.

I skipped Syndicate, Origins, and Odyssey and so far in Valhalla I don't feel like I missed anything. 60+ hours in and I'm enjoying it a lot still.
I think origins would be worth going back for, though. It’s the best in the whole series, IMO

I think I liked Origins more than Odyssey. Both were great, but Origins had more of an Assassins connection Imo.

Also, getting it gcu'd to $28 and keeping the $10 reward feels good.

Amazon refused to price match any of my games this year so im sticking to Best buy or GameStop, so done with Amazon at this point. They wouldn't even give me a match on watch dogs legion I got it $50 at launch and it was $30 like 4 days later and they wouldn't give me any money back.

At this point all three of ubisoft's big games can soon be had for less than the cost of one of them at launch. Fenyx is already down to $40 too. I'm not complaining they're all pretty good games actually especially if you're playing them on the series x or s. I'm really digging Fenyx, it gets really good after the first couple of hours!
That's when you buy the game from the cheaper retailer (best buy), and return it to the more expensive retailer (amazon). Bit of a PITA since you have to ship it, but at least you get back something.

That's when you buy the game from the cheaper retailer (best buy), and return it to the more expensive retailer (amazon). Bit of a PITA since you have to ship it, but at least you get back something.
Did that a few times already this year, but I am scared of Amazon banning my account cos of too many returns. That's the only thing that bugs mw about Amazon, that's why I always prefer Target or Best Buy

I was quite happy with best buy on Christmas eve. My wife had bought it at Walmart so we returned since I could save 10 bucks and when I was checking out and mentioned this price they price matched it to the 34.99 even though Amazon was out of stock.

This game has been absolutely mind-blowing in terms of unexpected RPG elements. I honestly didn't expect this kind of experience from an ass creed game, but my god what a return to form ever since they had peaked with ACB. I'm now 80 hours in and shockingly not burned out from some of the grindier aspects. The best way to put it is they nailed the pacing in terms of how long it takes to complete each task, and the variety is just enough to keep things fresh.

Honestly, I don't see them ever topping this game. It's the WotLK expansion of WoW for AC.

I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game since #2 so I might not be the best person to be talking about Valhalla but this game definitely blew me away. I rented it from Gamefly with the intention of playing through it to try out the PS5 and I ended up loving it. Awesome awesome stuff. 

Dammit to hell, didn't realize the $5 coupon expires tonight. Figured it was 12/31.

Edit:

Looks like the app and desktop site have different expiration dates for my PUR rewards certs. Dumb.

Just a heads up..amazon removed PM policy a few years ago. They don't even price match their own stuff

bread's done
Back