15% off PSN and XBL purchases when paying via Cash App

Josh1billion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
This has been an ongoing deal for a while, so I apologize if it's already been posted.  But I haven't seen it here, and just recently found out about it myself.

That's right, it's the mothafuckin Cash App

Cash App sends you a debit card linked to your installation of their mobile app.  You use the app to attach a "Boost" (dumb way of saying "coupon") to the debit card.  For as long as I've been using it, about a month now, they've always had 15% off "boosts" for PSN and XBL with an unlimited number of uses.  So you throw $50 onto the app, choose the PSN boost on the app, pay on PSN with your cashapp debit card, and observe after-the-fact that only $42.50 was deducted from your account instead of the full $50 you spent on PSN.

Not gonna soil this good forum with a referral link, so here's their homepage: https://cash.app/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried this and, for me at least, it only took 10% off as a “boost” on a PSN purchase but that’s still great to stack with sales.

I added $50 to my Cash App got a “card” and tested on a $14.99 purchase. Took $13.50 out of my Cash App account.

Thanks OP!

Just tried this and, for me at least, it only took 10% off as a “boost” on a PSN purchase but that’s still great to stack with sales.

I added $50 to my Cash App got a “card” and tested on a $14.99 purchase. Took $13.50 out of my Cash App account.

Thanks OP!
Same here only 10%

Might be worth trying to stack this even further with BeFrugal's 7% cash back for Microsoft Store (which does work when buying stuff for Xbox).  Tip to those trying this, put stuff you want to buy in your cart then go to befrugal, go through the link to check out.  Reduces chances of referral link not working in my experience. 

Same here only 10%
Might be a minimum or maximum thing, not sure. It's weird since the app definitely says it's supposed to be 15%. I got a $7.50 discount on a $79.99 order, but it says the maximum discount at a time is $7.50, so that must have been the issue in my case. In hindsight, I should have added $50 to my wallet and then $30 after.

In any case though, still a hell of a deal stacking an extra 10+% off on top of PSN's sales prices. I'm only buying stuff on PSN this way from now on, at least until something better comes along.

Just remember that you need to have 6 hours between purchases to get the discount. Just got charged full price forgetting that.

Might be worth trying to stack this even further with BeFrugal's 7% cash back for Microsoft Store (which does work when buying stuff for Xbox). Tip to those trying this, put stuff you want to buy in your cart then go to befrugal, go through the link to check out. Reduces chances of referral link not working in my experience.
How do you get the cash back from them?

So guess I didn’t realize that if you switch boosts you forfeit the one you came off of? I put PSN on mine but decided to get a game on XBL so switched. Used the Xbox boost and now looks like I can’t use the PSN one even though I hadn’t actually used it.

So they come back after a day or something like that?

Another 5% off one PSN purchase this week. Guess it’s better than nothing. Wonder if we’ll ever see Xbox again?

I just bought from Costco.  10% off all the time ($100 worth for $89.99).  Used my Chase Freedom since it gets 5% cashback on Wholesale Clubs through March.

Was still 5% back on a single purchase on PSN but I think there may be a glitch as it took $5 off instead!

Back this week for me at 25% off one purchase - however, even after using it, it still shows the Boost available. Haven't tried multiple transactions.

Doesn’t seem to work twice. Tried a second time with just enough funds to cover the game at $7.50 less and it didn’t work.

I personally wouldn't trust these guys.

I got a mailer, complete with a debit card with my name on it from them.

The thing is, I didn't even know what it was and never opened an account.

Apparently, there is a scam being run?  ABC ran a story on it.  https://6abc.com/cash-card-app-money-my/5952458/

I've found ZERO evidence that anyone opened an account using my information.  I believe that Cash App themselves are sending out unsolicited cards and trying to get large amounts of new users...

Either way, I filed BBB, IN attorney general, and FTC complaints that have been ignored thus far (about a month); though I've placed freezes on my credit files, JIC.

I personally wouldn't trust these guys.

I got a mailer, complete with a debit card with my name on it from them.

The thing is, I didn't even know what it was and never opened an account.

Apparently, there is a scam being run? ABC ran a story on it. https://6abc.com/cash-card-app-money-my/5952458/

I've found ZERO evidence that anyone opened an account using my information. I believe that Cash App themselves are sending out unsolicited cards and trying to get large amounts of new users...

Either way, I filed BBB, IN attorney general, and FTC complaints that have been ignored thus far (about a month); though I've placed freezes on my credit files, JIC.
Cash App itself isn't a scam. It's run by Square, Inc., and backed by Sutton Bank out of Ohio.

People are being scammed USING the Cash App, since it doesn't have the greatest security and is incredibly simple to set up. Easier than Venmo. Someone could have hacked your account and registered for a debit card, or the terms and agreements could have specified you'd get one. You DO NOT need to deposit any money to get the debit card.

My friends have been using Cash App for a few years now (well, pre-COVID) to receive payment from venues for music gigs. It's pretty widely used.

try using it once - it pops back up again after.
Damn, tried that and the boost did pop back up, but it didn't take effect on the second purchase. Charged me full price on that one even though the boost was still selected on the Boosts screen. The transaction history said the boost can only be used once per hour. Tempted to try again now that a couple more hours have passed since that happened...

Edit: did it and it worked now that over an hour passed! Woooo. So the thing is to make sure you wait at least an hour between uses, even though the Boosts page doesn't explicitly say that.

Works multiple times, just need to wait 1 hour between uses. Can also use it to buy $25 in PSN credit via the PSN Website. I got $225 PSN credit for 25% off that way. Probably going to get the full $250 (that is the wallet limit of PSN)

Works multiple times, just need to wait 1 hour between uses. Can also use it to buy $25 in PSN credit via the PSN Website. I got $225 PSN credit for 25% off that way. Probably going to get the full $250 (that is the wallet limit of PSN)
Same, that's what I'm doing now
Adding funds via the website gives me an error for some reason, but adding funds via ps5 is working.

I'm rather surprised this can be used multiple times. Looks like I'll be buying multiple games and pre-ordering this week.

Keep adding money to PSN but can’t seem to get the Xbox one to work on credit a second time. Will work on games (used it and some MS credit to preorder Biomutant) but can’t get it to work adding more credit. Any tricks to get it to work multiple times on Xbox credit?

When using the PSN boost, remember to remove it after using it then add it back later. Even though I had it active, my boost didn't count when I tried to add $25 in PSN funds an hour after initially using it.

Keep adding money to PSN but can’t seem to get the Xbox one to work on credit a second time. Will work on games (used it and some MS credit to preorder Biomutant) but can’t get it to work adding more credit. Any tricks to get it to work multiple times on Xbox credit?
Hmm if you look at the transaction history and click into it, it might tell you some info about why the boost wasn't applied. At least that's where it showed me info about the PSN one being on cooldown when I made the mistake of using it before an hour had gone by.

bread's done
Back