- - - - -

2021 Thrift Store AND Yard Sale Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

#121 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 14 August 2021 - 11:43 PM

Pimpbot with some.... pimp pickups! Good stuff!

Goodwill- Bose Solo was $20, no remote. PS2 Slim was $9, console only. Batman Forever glasses were $1 apiece. Sealed Apple Superdrive was $15. The audio cable and sealed Wii sensor bar were $2 at a small thrift.

7TVjMDH.jpegBYSP8iS.jpeg

#122 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 16 August 2021 - 12:52 AM

PS2 Dualshock2, iomega floppy/memory card usb adapter, 60GB iPod. $5 at the 1 yardsale I went to!

nrwN6x5.jpeg

#123 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   466 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2021 - 01:32 AM

So yard sales around Baltimore sucked this past weekend. I went to a somewhat suspicious one (read: MLM stuff in the ad) that advertised "vintage handheld gaming" and was surprised to find a bin full of slightly damp Genesis games, XBox games, anime DVDS, and a rusted Game Gear. Nothing amazing but decent stuff. I made a few stacks of stuff and asked the seller about prices, who said they were individually priced and had to go check. So she runs into the house for 5 minutes, then comes back out and says the Genesis games are $15 each. Then I ask about the XBox games and she starts looking up stuff on her phone again. After a minute of her fiddling around without finding any prices I just said "thanks anyway" and got out of there. After that I was hoping to hit a neighborhood sale, but it got cancelled as we got hit by a huge storm Friday night and the whole neighborhood was busy cleaning up all the broken branches.

That said, I did make a few pickups later that day. Beavis and Butthead was $10 at a pawn shop, the Mario Ladder game was $5 off of Nextdoor, and the PS4 games were $40 off of Nextdoor.

Z6nfNZa.jpg

NwvOhN5.jpg

#124 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   466 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2021 - 01:22 PM

Yard sales this past weekend had a really rough stuff. Showed up to a sale where they swore they wouldn't be doing early sales, and there they were selling all the games (N64 stuff, boxed Genesis, and a couple of Switch titles I really wanted) to someone who got there early. I grabbed Puzzle Quest for $2, which is a legit great game but was kind of cold comfort.

After that I hit up a community sale found some good stuff, but nothing amazing. PS2 lot was $20 and works, thankfully. Stuff in the second pic was $20, though I wish I hadn't been so thirsty that I neglected to haggle. The Robin Hood stuff was $10 and will be used for Halloween costumes, and the GTA XBox Collection was $5.

H8eHYuE.jpg

dgzSfE6.jpg

UiS0y2W.jpg

#125 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 29 August 2021 - 02:20 PM

Has it been 2 weeks since Ive posted here?! Huh! Then Ill try to keep the stories short.

GW-sealed baseball cards were $1 apiece. Small thrift- $64. Dell monitor, Sony CCD-F56 complete in box, Lexmark printer, Dell keyboard, DLINK switch, Creative usb Sound Blaster, Epson scanner, RCA camcorder in box, power supply in box, JVC camcorder in carrying bag, Polaroid instant camera. Everything is really clean. Someone took care of this stuff and I would imagine it'll all work. GW- Wired (missing breakaway cable) and wireless X360 controllers were $3 apiece. GW- $170ish for everything in the last 2 pics (games, guitars, dvds, cables, iPod, walkie talkies, cool framed metal motorcycle toy).

Most games ive seen there in years. The whole bottom 2 sections of the Media were games! As Im stacking games up a lady offered me her cart and said they had even more games on the Sunday before.....as im checking out the employee mentioned a guy buying like 25 games... WTF DID HE GET IF HE LEFT ALL THAT?!!  She also said 3 guys were arguing over a Mario Wii game.......lulz

EOOAQRJ.jpegDwmLTY1.jpegMgOD8BE.jpegIjywx5n.jpegHKPNlRz.jpegUzdWlEo.jpeg

#126 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 29 August 2021 - 02:27 PM

Oh and another $5 yardsale pickup. Zone60 Wii knockoff, Sprint Cars PS2, Skate It Wii. Somehow the only games the lady said she had around.... wat?!

lFxtAte.jpeg

#127 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2021 - 04:40 PM

Has it been 2 weeks since Ive posted here?! Huh! Then Ill try to keep the stories short.

I have a bunch of stuff to post, just a matter of getting the time to do it.  Had the same issue years ago in the Garage Sale thread, ended up not posting a few epic finds because it was just too long ago.

#128 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   466 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2021 - 07:22 PM

Didn't find a ton this past weekend, but no huge disappointments either so that's good. Pokemon and the books were $6 total, PSP and 3DS games were $5, and the board games plus puzzles were $10.

v5SoTBI.jpg

aQkttq8.jpg

H9jRTKT.jpg

#129 Daw19yoyo   CAG Player Extraordinare CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2021 - 06:43 AM

Didn't find a ton this past weekend, but no huge disappointments either so that's good. Pokemon and the books were $6 total, PSP and 3DS games were $5, and the board games plus puzzles were $10.

Damn, that's a great price for Dead of Winter, love that game.

#130 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 05 September 2021 - 03:28 PM

Update from last posts- The Zone60 console and the Epson scanner were the only things that def dont work. To the Ecycle box they go. I ordered a pack of film for that Polaroid instant camera, thats the only way to test those. The RCA and JVC camcorder stuff works. Not sure about the Sony yet because the battery charger wasnt powering on, took it apart and cleaned the mobo and contacts. Letting it dry right now.

This week- Goodwill had nothing really! After all those games last week. Funny how no consoles ever show up and the only accessories I saw were a beatup Dualshock2 and an og Xbox controller. Thank Jebus for the small thrift! Got everything in both pics for $102ish total.

m17Bo8U.jpegiqxLzL2.jpeg

#131 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 12 September 2021 - 12:43 AM

Okay WTF is actually happening at my local GW?! This doesnt happen in 2021!

Pic 1- Goodwill- plane models are brand new, $30 apiece. Sealed Red Guardian Figure was $6. Sealed Apple cables were $1 apiece. Xbox360 controller with battery was $3.

Pic 2- Goodwill- top 2 games were $3 apiece. The bottom row was $6 apiece. I thought they were gonna get stupid with the game prices again but then the next day happened......

Pic 3,4- Goodwill- All the games were $3 or even $2 apiece because some got marked DVD. The books were 50 cents apiece, dvds $2 apiece. I think the autograph on the Randy Orton dvd is legit!

Pic 5- small thrift- $5 because all I wanted was the cables but the lady kept pushing me to take the dvd players and speakers. Speakers need some special cable to power it all, its like $40 on Ebay. She said some guy couldnt get the dvd players to work on his new tv....

4fUG2OT.jpeg4NizaaL.jpeg3rrkh31.jpegtU4LaY9.jpeg

JV7Xp44.jpeg

#132 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 12 September 2021 - 05:36 PM

Some recent finds.

Goodwill ($2 each):
Inglorious Bastards Soundtrack
Mulan multimedia CD Press Kit
"The Rum Diary" by Hunter S Thompson paperback

Flea Market:
Invisimals: El Reino Escondido (PS3-sealed) $2
Howard Stern "Crucified by the FCC" CD box set $5
Sky High Soundtrack $1
"The Watch" Blu Ray $1
Disney Esmeralda mini-figure $0.50

#133 GamerSavage   Stay Chill CAGiversary!   1945 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:27 PM

Yard sale finds:

FIFA 16 - PS4

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Xbox 360

Max Payne 3 (single player disc 2 only - inside slim CD jewel case with Batman: AA) - Xbox 360

Thrift store finds:

NHL Hitz Pro - Xbox (Orphan's Exchange Thrift)

NHL 07 - Xbox 360 (Salvation Army)

IHRA Professional Drag Racing - Xbox (Salvation Army)

World Series of Poker - Xbox (Salvation Army)

Madden NFL 12 - PS3 (Salvation Army)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 - Xbox 360 (inside Madden 12 360 case - Goodwill)

Call of Duty: World at War - Wii (inside NFS: ProStreet Wii case - Goodwill

Games that were stolen (they're cheap and it really burns me up that people resort to theft of anything):

Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) - Had Forza Motorsport 2 inside the case (Salvation Army)

NBA 2K16 (Xbox 360) - Empty case (Goodwill)

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360) - Empty case (Goodwill)

One Piece: Burning Blood (Xbox One) - Empty case (Animal Humane Thrift)

#134 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1916 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 12 September 2021 - 08:04 PM

Yard sale finds:
FIFA 16 - PS4
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Xbox 360
Max Payne 3 (single player disc 2 only - inside slim CD jewel case with Batman: AA) - Xbox 360

Thrift store finds:
NHL Hitz Pro - Xbox (Orphan's Exchange Thrift)
NHL 07 - Xbox 360 (Salvation Army)
IHRA Professional Drag Racing - Xbox (Salvation Army)
World Series of Poker - Xbox (Salvation Army)
Madden NFL 12 - PS3 (Salvation Army)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 - Xbox 360 (inside Madden 12 360 case - Goodwill)
Call of Duty: World at War - Wii (inside NFS: ProStreet Wii case - Goodwill

Games that were stolen (they're cheap and it really burns me up that people resort to theft of anything):
Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) - Had Forza Motorsport 2 inside the case (Salvation Army)
NBA 2K16 (Xbox 360) - Empty case (Goodwill)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360) - Empty case (Goodwill)
One Piece: Burning Blood (Xbox One) - Empty case (Animal Humane Thrift)

I've wondered how many are stolen and how many are donated that way. I'm guessing most are stolen

#135 GamerSavage   Stay Chill CAGiversary!   1945 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 12 September 2021 - 09:16 PM

I've wondered how many are stolen and how many are donated that way. I'm guessing most are stolen

Tiger Woods and CoD (RDR possibly) may have been donated like that. Maybe friends or family swiped those games and put different ones in the case. It’s a wild guess on my part. As for One Piece: Burning Blood, the folks working at Animal Humane thrift knew for certain the game was in the case before it was placed on the shelf. Someone swiped it and left the case sitting there. Seems like Thrift Town, St. Vincent de Paul thrift and maybe Savers are the only stores to keep video games locked away and customers have to ask about them.

Video games are only $1 at Animal Humane thrift. At Salvation Army, games on the shelf are $1. If they’re in the glass case at the register, they start at $3 to $5 and up. At Goodwill, games on the shelf are $5, games locked in the glass cases against the wall vary in price. Rather than pay a few bucks or ask for help to pay for items, they take the five-finger discount route.

#136 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   466 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2021 - 01:33 PM

Yard sale season is winding down here in Baltimore and competition has been aggravating to the point of making going out not fun, but there were some sales in my neighborhood that were too tempting not to hit. The Wii and games were $10 while the GBA was $5 and will be going to a friend looking to do some modding. The origami kits, coloring books, and candy kits were $5 for the lot and my 7 year old was quite excited for them. The Christmas decorations were $5 and that cats-serving-fruitcakes garland is my new favorite thing.

0YaTANc.jpg

YjmWZQJ.jpg

5H3VvuU.jpg

#137 JackSuper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:13 PM

I reverse yard sale'd myself today.

My neighbors were running a sale and they had some PS2 games out for $1.50 each. I noticed some good games in there (Ephemeral Fantasy, Oni, Maximo Ghost to Glory, Sol Divide PS1, etc.).

I suggested they price those ones at $5-10 each. Very fair price for buyer and makes the seller a bit of money too. The CAG in me wanted to buy them all on the spot, but I couldn't do that to my neighbors! They were appreciative of the intel.

#138 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 25 September 2021 - 06:16 PM

^PSSSHHHHH! Get of here! They marked them $1.50, let someone buy them for $1.50! I wouldnt give 2 sh1ts if they were my neighbors! Anyways- heres my week of thrifts. First 3 pics were GW- $6, $15, $27. 4th pic is the small thrift- $5. DSi doesnt appear to be putting out any sound at the moment.

En0cK56.jpegehjrWsp.jpeggxQd8km.jpegdp7yJK6.jpeg

#139 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 02 October 2021 - 07:34 PM

Took a bunch of stuff to the Ecycle place today- a big Lexmark printer, the dvd players and speakers from my last post, a dell monitor, like 5 messed up consoles, 2 of my thrift store camcorders, randomness. Stuff I just lost any interest in fixing and reselling. I held onto the 2 wifi printers and sealed ink cartridges, a surround sound setup, and any Apple stuff I had. I figure theyll sell eventually. Shocked im sitting on 2 nice Epson wifi printers that ive cleaned and put new ink in! I guess if people want to spend $100 on a new one at Walmart thats all them!

Pic 1- Left my little business card with a couple who had a yardsale last month, they texted me back. $80, higher than I should've paid but they are still looking for "some gameboy stuff and sega stuff". Start high this time so maybe next time I can get the better deal.

Pic 2- Goodwill- cds were $1 apiece, 15/16 of a set. Games were $6 apiece, I guess it depends on who is tagging that day. Composite cable was $1. Namco plug n play was $2.

Pic 3- Top row was a small thrift- $3. Bottom row was the same Goodwill- $3 apiece!

Pic 4- Estate sale- they had all sorts of stuff I wish I was more knowledgeable about value wise! These were unmarked and they took my $60 offer.

ik291dD.jpeg9dmJQN5.jpegjuPz7Sw.jpeg5uPuLjS.jpeg

#140 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   466 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2021 - 01:12 PM

Finally had a good find off of the local Facebook yard sale group! I got everything in the pictures below for $165. Feels really good to get a nice lot that I can add to and use to upgrade my collection.

lCxT4Gt.jpg

zdvLdh3.jpg

#141 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:46 PM

Media section was filled today!......didnt find 1 damn thing! Only a couple new games I hadnt seen, couple Assassins Creed 360 games and Wii Fits. Heres the past 2 weeks of pickups- 7 games were $3 apiece, $9 for the boxed JC Penny's pong type game, $2 for the Pac Man plug n play, 50cents for the Smash guide, $2 for the sealed shower liner, $1 for the PlayStation composite cable, $3 for the PS3 controller (broken), Inks were $6 apiece. Switch case was $1. DS Lite was $6. PS4 controller charger was $3.

062a36x.jpegoNB5rTS.jpegO3XhIld.jpeg

#142 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 23 October 2021 - 10:17 PM

Sealed filter was $2, glasses were $1 apiece, games were $3 apiece, 1GB iPod Shuffle was $9

XPkb4v4.jpeg

#143 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 25 October 2021 - 12:18 AM

$27- brand new Filtrete filter, 9 unused ink cartridges, complete in box Kodak Cameo camera, Ricoh RZ-105 SF camera, and a Polaroid Sun 600 camera. Also forgot my yardsale pickup (no pic)- they had a box that said "dvds, cds, video games $1 apiece"..... there was no games left, I got "The House That Dripped Blood" and 2 TMNT dvds (one is a cartoon and the other is the 4 film set)

gwjcVgn.jpeg

#144 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2021 - 03:31 PM

Here are the highlights of my garage saleing/thrifting this year

Two huge lots of Blu-rays like 20-30 each for about the same price:

Highlights were:

Raya and the Last Dragon (got it in August for $1)

Multiple copies of Deadpool 2 and Batman V. Superman

All the Star Wars movies up to Rogue One

Bunch of them were sealed ended up taking most of them into the local used media store

A copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby without the label for $1

A huge lot of PS2 games for $15

highlights were:

Metal Gear Solid 3

Star Wars Battlefront 2

a Wii with a lot of games which at first I thought I overpaid for it at $70 but there was one game that blew my mind in it and it was a sealed Mario Party 8, along with the usual suspects of Mario Kart, Wii Sports and whatnot

A Wii slim that i just bought for the lols

The essential Humphrey Bogart collection (which is unfortunately has a defect where one of the movies isn't on the disc) but whatever I paid $3 for it and it goes for $150 online, but i added it to my personal collection

Oh and I got a funny garage sale story today:

Went for a bike ride as I usually do on Saturday and it is a very gross day. Found an indoor garage sale and saw nothing special, except for a really nice hard CD case that I of course opened up to see what was inside thinking they would charge fifty cents per disc for whatever was in it. I was surprised to see a ton of PS1 games. So long story short I got this entire lot for $1:

Eidos demo CD

Pipe Dreams 3D

Namco Museum vol 3

The Unholy War

Time Commando

Off-World Interceptor Extreme

Croc

Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone

Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown

Gex 3

then the three highlights:

Ape Escape

Wild Arms

Tomba 2

#145 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2021 - 01:51 AM

I have a ton of pickups to post from most of this year, and some stories to tell also.  Better get to the stories before I forget.

Too late.

• SPS likes this

#146 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 06 November 2021 - 07:38 PM

All from GW this week. First pic was $15ish I think. 2nd pic- PC games, sealed Ecopure, and graphics card were $6 apiece. Xbox360 game was $3. I think the games are complete. And the graphics card looks like it might be open box but never used.

C4raDT0.jpeggRwX2xv.jpeg

#147 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2196 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2021 - 08:43 AM

Haven't been thrifting for quite a while but found me some games last night and this afternoon. 

College Hoops 2K8 / Marvel Ultimate Alliance Special Edition Xbox 360 - $4 each at Salvation Army

Brand New Sealed Ghost of Tsushima PS4 - $20 at Goodwill. Can't wait to play this game. 

SNES Turtles IV Turtles in Time - $12 at Goodwill.

Uncharted 4 PS4 - the employee gave me this game for FREE since I bought GOT & SNES Game.

IMG-0281.jpg

#148 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2021 - 03:17 AM

Haven't been thrifting for quite a while but found me some games last night and this afternoon. 

College Hoops 2K8 / Marvel Ultimate Alliance Special Edition Xbox 360 - $4 each at Salvation Army

Brand New Sealed Ghost of Tsushima PS4 - $20 at Goodwill. Can't wait to play this game. 

SNES Turtles IV Turtles in Time - $12 at Goodwill.

Uncharted 4 PS4 - the employee gave me this game for FREE since I bought GOT & SNES Game.

IMG-0281.jpg

How did Turtles in Time not end up on ShopGoodwill? 

Only thing the local stores stock these days are broken alarm clocks, books and used clothes priced the same as new stuff at the store.

#149 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2196 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2021 - 07:28 AM

How did Turtles in Time not end up on ShopGoodwill? 

Only thing the local stores stock these days are broken alarm clocks, books and used clothes priced the same as new stuff at the store.

A few years back I always found good stuffs on ShopGoodwill at a reasonable price. Now everything on there I have to pay double the price. Best purchase I bought was a lot of used Sony digital cameras with lens (A5000, Nex-3, A200) for $140 shipped. I ended up flipping Nex-3 and A200 locally for $220 total and kept the A5000.

#150 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 14 November 2021 - 08:47 PM

Goodwill was slow this week. Edit- I just forgot to take a pic of my GW pickup! Original Xbox with cables, 1 controller S, 2 Dukes, and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe inside for $25. The lady at the small thrift store found the game she had for me last weekend but misplaced........yeah I paid $4 for Pikmin 2 and a sealed bottle of rubbing alcohol!

9XASMth.jpeg