CAGcast #668: Falcon Addictive

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks HITMAN 3, WandaVision, NYT screen time article, and oh so much more!

Download (1 hr 24 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Today's show is brought to you by feals! Become a member today by going to FEALS.com/CAGCAST and get 50% off your first order with free shipping!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - I Can't Wait (Tiger Talk Remix)
Outro - Sak Noel, Salvi & Franklin Dam - Tocame (Official Audio)

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Presented without comment: “Iron Man 2 is amazing.” -Wombat
I watched The Old Guard based on Cheapy hating it and an RT score of 80.
Really liked it! Maybe I just need to understand that my tastes are polar opposite
of the CagCrew in most cases. Regardless, thanks for mentioning the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure I was at the empty mall Ship was talking about when I visited Cincy. Definitely remember the Bass Pro Shops. We were looking for an arcade to go to with my wife and Arcade Legacy popped up. Got there, went in the mall and thought we just walked into an abandoned building.

Felt absolutely bizarre but the arcade was definitely there. Just a ton of empty storefronts and then a random arcade inside.

The parking lot also looked like a place they parked Amazon delivery vans. Arcade was alright but Jungle Jim's is right up the road so probably spent more time there lol

As someone who has listened to CAG for several hundred episodes, yet never commented, I recently started going through old CAGcast, and am now up to 55, mostly due to having a lot of time at work to just sit at my computer and listen, and it’s pretty astounding just how little Cheapy and Wombat have changed over the years when it comes to their general likes, dislikes, and isms. Although I think Wombat used to be a much larger fan of Nintendo in the early years than he is now. I also get way too excited when I hear Ship and Thorbahn being name dropped.

One question I have though, where did the Hype Wagon go? I feel like a monthly, or periodical Hype Wagon would be awesome!

Also does Cheapy still own the Rez vibrator? Asking for a friend. 😂

Also also, Iron Man 2 is probably only outdone by Thor Dark World as the worst MCU movie. I did watch it again recently and while it wasn’t as bad as memory served, it just seemed like a lot of uninspired people making a movie that they knew would make a lot of money and needed little effort to do so.

Thanks for all the work you guys do! You make my work day much more tolerable.

Good cast, thanks for the entertainment!

@Cheapy as a fellow 2001 fan, I highly recommend you get the UHD version and watch it on your new TV. Disc or digital (if you have good bandwidth). Digital uses DolbyVision and it looks freaking amazing, especially the trippy part near the end. I don't recall if the disc uses DolbyVision or just plain HDR.

You can frequently get the digital version for $5 from various VUDU, Itunes, etc. sales.

Yeah that would have been a good exhibit to see.

Since you said you liked Hello Fresh questions and it’s Veganuary, have you ever tried any of their vegan options? Also, for the new year I expected the annual Wombat complaining about his weight and it didn’t happen.

I'm a fan of Immortals but the game is proof that the "Legend of Frank" theory doesn't really hold true. Breath of the Wild was better received because it's more polished and is superior to Immortals on multiple aspects; physics, traversal, puzzles, pacing and the gameplay loop, none of those things are related to the "Zelda" world.

Maybe Immortals gets the edge from some on combat and story but a lower metacritic is fitting for what is a poor man's BotW (that came out almost 4 years later).

I'm a fan of Immortals but the game is proof that the "Legend of Frank" theory doesn't really hold true. Breath of the Wild was better received because it's more polished and is superior to Immortals on multiple aspects; physics, traversal, puzzles, pacing and the gameplay loop, none of those things are related to the "Zelda" world.

Maybe Immortals gets the edge from some on combat and story but a lower metacritic is fitting for what is a poor man's BotW (that came out almost 4 years later).
I disagree. What makes the gameplay loop better in BOTW? My biggest problem with Breath of the Wild was the lack of things to do and the lack of rewards. Immortal’s fixes this problem with tons of things to do and it has traditional rpg elements (skills and powers to buy/upgrade) so everything you do rewards you in some way. BOTW has very little of this, most side quests for example just get you rupees as the reward and the game has 900 korok seeds to find which are just a pointless collectible. The physics are better in BOTW but I didn’t like the shrine/vault and stamina system in either game so that didn’t bother me. I still think the Assassin’s Creed games have the best climbing system in any open world game. My main complaint with Immortals is the difficulty. I played on hard and it was still too easy.

Cheapy, do you play mostly solo’s in Warzone? I do mostly trio or quads and have always finished my battle pass. Also, what’s warzone like in the 120fps mode on the series X? I have an LG CX tv as well and was thinking of getting a series X mainly for that.

The show: We want constructive criticism

This is constructive criticism.

Love the show and have since episode 1. Some constructive criticism and a question:

Lately, as the focus of the show has shifted to Twitter/those watching live, both Cheapy and Wombat have become more like people you're trying to have a conversation with who refuse to look up from their phones. Cheapy, who is almost always charmingly disinterested in every conversation, was caught multiple times literally not paying attention during his own shaq-fuing show. Wombat is also consistently getting lost in the chat and even Ship is now distracted. Maybe break up the show into thirds and have one person read the feed and field questions while the other two focus on what's kept us here for almost 700 episodes.
The show has largely suffered due to the twitch focus. Said poster didn't know that you made a conscious decision to change the format.

Also let the record state that the old guard was fine. It wasn't defining cinema but was entertaining enough.

I agree that the show has suffered in the move to Twitch. I assumed I was in the minority since I prefer to listen to my podcasts rather than watching them. Don't get me wrong, I'm listening the Cagcast either way, but the extra visual stuff means nothing for me but distract from the entertaining conversation.

The show has largely suffered due to the twitch focus. Said poster didn't know that you made a conscious decision to change the format.

"Watch This Boys" is 2021s "Men On Film" from In Living Color.

One dude is 50 years old but still covers his eyes like a toddler and thinks Running Man is better than Predator.

The other guy plays daily Fortnite and watches all the CW shows but thinks Cobra Kai is cringy?

Third guy only watches kids shows and Apple propaganda.

Worst segment of the show but also the best segment of the show. Keep it up "boys"

P.S. Vast of Night is a lesson in classic cinematography and what can be accomplished on a very small budget. The story is secondary. It's an impressive film but I'm not surprised you didn't notice.

Constructive feedback: no matter how much the Internet evolves, I rest assured that CAG will always, ALWAYS, be the most front-facing source for reactions to The Deer God, Rive, Citizens of Earth, and more.

After hearing all the negative feedbacks from last week, I just want to tell you all to just do you. The uniqueness of this podcast of just not giving af, sharing your raw opinions, talk about random stuff/going on tangent all the time is something I thoroughly enjoy. Cheapy, Shipwreck and Wombat, I know you will always be you, but just wanted you to know that you're all appreciated.

You all are talking about video games and this is not a big deal. It is especially not big enough of deal to be mean to others about. Anyways, Love you guys, keep doing you do, and be safe out there. 

Great episode! I'm wondering does Cheapy still own GameStop stock? Reddit's WallStreetBets is currently at war with companies shorting GME driving the price up to $76.89 at time of posting. 

I disagree. What makes the gameplay loop better in BOTW? My biggest problem with Breath of the Wild was the lack of things to do and the lack of rewards. Immortal’s fixes this problem with tons of things to do and it has traditional rpg elements (skills and powers to buy/upgrade) so everything you do rewards you in some way. BOTW has very little of this, most side quests for example just get you rupees as the reward and the game has 900 korok seeds to find which are just a pointless collectible. The physics are better in BOTW but I didn’t like the shrine/vault and stamina system in either game so that didn’t bother me. I still think the Assassin’s Creed games have the best climbing system in any open world game. My main complaint with Immortals is the difficulty. I played on hard and it was still too easy.

Cheapy, do you play mostly solo’s in Warzone? I do mostly trio or quads and have always finished my battle pass. Also, what’s warzone like in the 120fps mode on the series X? I have an LG CX tv as well and was thinking of getting a series X mainly for that.
I have to agree that calling Immortals a poor man's BoTW is...wrong? Does it lack in polish compared to BoTW? Probably. But, as stated above, it fills in the blank where Zelda didn't I remember playing BoTW for hours at a time and then once done (2-3 hours) I would think, "wow, I really didn't get anything done". The combat IS better, because it's more fun and less stress with managing weapons. We can't praise BoTW for their weapon system as it was added as a means to artificially increase difficulty, it's not some genius game design, it's annoying. It's also the reason why Fenyx Rising leans on the easier side. After a certain point, you aren't afraid of any battle - personally, I'm fine with that, but breaking my weapons and making me search for more would not have made the game more "fun" or "difficult"...it would just be wasting time. The story took some time and I don't want to spoil anything but you do see a bit of character development between the two narrators as it progresses and that was fine. I'm not saying the story deserved any sort of award though.

Mostly, it felt nice to plot in for 30min or 5 hours and either way, I felt like I was making progress. I even maxed out all the stuff before finishing the game in a genre where I normally get halfway through and just rush to the end because you get tired of the same 3rd person combat after a while. I finished at 45hours btw, which is less than half of an Assassin's Creed game :)

There's a demo coming soon and if it's the same one that's on Stadia, it won't be a good representation. I truly thought I would dislike the game after the Stadia demo.

As far as feedback: You guys keep doing what you do and keep being yourselves. If I just wanted gaming news, I'd go to a gaming site and read that up. I love hearing about the kids, the purchases (cheapy got me to purchase a bidet on a random offshoot convo that wasn't even an ad - Tushy brand, hit them up for a sponsorship), the smarthome shit, the wives...all of it! This must be what it feels like for people who just scroll on social media feeds to see what their favorite celebrities are up to every day. The criticism about having one person man the chat is fine...but if you are going live, you kinda have to interact with those in the chat. I think it adds to the show when you have folks interact live. Also, they can be used as your unpaid producers for fact checking and filling in for names and such when you are drawing a blank. You'll get it figured out over time.

bread's done
Back