* * * * * 1 votes

Expired: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ($60) Nintendo Switch

#1 Titan X   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 03:30 PM

Amazon:

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ($60) Nintendo Switch

Both for $60!

Ships 1 to 3 weeks.

#2 Troblin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 03:40 PM

Thanks ordered a set. Worst case scenario, flip to gamestop for ~30-40% ROI

#3 toska  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 03:44 PM

looks like its gone

edit: stock is flickering it seems

#4 DrBayrd  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 03:53 PM

What a deal, Thanks op! but oos now
Edit: got em!

#5 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:09 PM

Stumbled upon this just now and it's still up

#6 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1845 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:10 PM

Hmm, I was just able to order it.

#7 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4296 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:29 PM

Back in stock, just got one.

#8 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:35 PM

They're listed separately on the receipt and ship separately too. Wonder if you could pull a Target.

#9 JayG180  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:35 PM

Missed it :(

#10 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:49 PM

Thanks ordered a set. Worst case scenario, flip to gamestop for ~30-40% ROI

best case scenario you flip it on eBay/OfferUp?

#11 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:09 PM

Pretty solid deal.

best case scenario you flip it on eBay/OfferUp?

Depends. Mario Kart trades for $39 at GameStop today if you do it right. Hard to do better elsewhere after fees and shipping.

#12 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:21 PM

Pretty solid deal.

Depends. Mario Kart trades for $39 at GameStop today if you do it right. Hard to do better elsewhere after fees and shipping.

so how are y'all any better than scalper's?

#13 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:31 PM

Because he isn't selling it to people for over retail price. Also, you can find these games everywhere as they are in stock unlike PS5 and Series X. It's nothing like scalpers.

#14 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:42 PM

Because he isn't selling it to people for over retail price. Also, you can find these games everywhere as they are in stock unlike PS5 and Series X. It's nothing like scalpers.

so everyone who bought out the switch games at Walmart clearance aren't scalpers? Just because they aren't selling them for over retail? Lol
These games are in stock every where but not at that sale price. Some people don't like paying full retail for nintendo games all the time.

#15 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:15 PM

so everyone who bought out the switch games at Walmart clearance aren't scalpers? Just because they aren't selling them for over retail? Lol
These games are in stock every where but not at that sale price. Some people don't like paying full retail for nintendo games all the time.

That's the very definition of scalping: anyone who contributes to buying up stock of an item with the sole intent to sell it for more once that discounted supply is gone. The terminology distinction between a "dealer" or "reseller" and a "scalper" is really only the supply and demand aspect that allows the seller to sell the item for more than it sells for new. The legal distinction is that resellers/dealers are declared businesses and pay taxes on those sales.

I think this all falls under the umbrella of shady behavior.

#16 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:39 PM

to me this is little more fair, everyone has a option to buy what they do with their copy is fine, scalpers who set bots to buy all stock, repeatedly do so with intent to force others to buy from them at a mark up, is something that should be judge and detested.

if you want hate anyone hate Nintendo, they could easily make both these games $20 each, a much better deal then this and no one would be able flip a thing while the games would be cheaper for all.   

#17 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:57 PM

That's the very definition of scalping: anyone who contributes to buying up stock of an item with the sole intent to sell it for more once that discounted supply is gone. The terminology distinction between a "dealer" or "reseller" and a "scalper" is really only the supply and demand aspect that allows the seller to sell the item for more than it sells for new. The legal distinction is that resellers/dealers are declared businesses and pay taxes on those sales.

I think this all falls under the umbrella of shady behavior.

And talking about returning one to make it a better deal for yourself (“pull a Target” as you mentioned) is not shady. Got it.

#18 jr7936   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:02 PM

Even though I already had mario kart, I am gutted that I missed this for new super mario U 

#19 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:07 PM

And talking about returning one to make it a better deal for yourself (“pull a Target” as you mentioned) is not shady. Got it.

Did I state that returning and keeping the other at half price wasn't shady? You really got me there.

#20 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:08 PM

if you want hate anyone hate Nintendo,

596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg

#21 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:20 PM

Some people are really grasping here. You are comparing making like $10-$20 per game for items available everywhere to making $200-$400 on items sold out everywhere.

#22 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:51 PM

Some people are really grasping here. You are comparing making like $10-$20 per game for items available everywhere to making $200-$400 on items sold out everywhere.

actually you're grasping. Ps5 and other "sold out" products are still very much available, just at a higher price.
Just like the games this thread is based off of. It doesn't matter if it's a retailer or not, they're all available. Apparently you just think it's ok because the profit isnt that big but it must matter if people keep doing it (GameStop flipping).

#23 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:35 PM

actually you're grasping. Ps5 and other "sold out" products are still very much available, just at a higher price.
Just like the games this thread is based off of. It doesn't matter if it's a retailer or not, they're all available. Apparently you just think it's ok because the profit isnt that big but it must matter if people keep doing it (GameStop flipping).

I think the Walmart and PS5 situation are different from each other and WAY different from this.

No one is scalping here because Amazon limits one order per account. If someone is buying a single bundle from Amazon with the sole intent of reselling/flipping them via private party sale to get less than MSRP? .. if they want to go to all that trouble during a pandemic? I wouldn't do it.

When a buyer clears out every game at Walmart so that no one else has a shot, that feels different to me. I think that stinks but they still can't sell those games over MSRP. The MSRP is the backstop.

PS5 is totally different because supply is so low that resellers are selling over MSRP.

#24 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:45 PM

This was such a weird deal. Makes you wonder if it is supposed to happen near March 10th (MAR10 day). Only other reason I can think of is that they will soon launch as Nintendo Selects with different box art. Probably just wishful thinking though.

#25 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:47 PM

This was such a weird deal. Makes you wonder if it is supposed to happen near March 10th (MAR10 day). Only other reason I can think of is that they will soon launch as Nintendo Selects with different box art. Probably just wishful thinking though.

Most people won't get their games from this deal until Mar10 day or later !

#26 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:22 PM

Most people won't get their games from this deal until Mar10 day or later !

I hope GameStop trade in values tank by then