- - - - -

Shenmue III w/ SteelBook Case (PlayStation 4) $9.99 @ BestBuy

#1 PimpBot2000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   448 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

PimpBot2000

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:14 AM

Shenmue III - PlayStation 4 $9.99

Free SteelBook case A $19.99 value

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6342250

#2 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:17 AM

In before anyone asks if you can keep the steelbook and return the game? Answer is big noooooo!

#3 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1950 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:20 AM

How is the game? I played the old ones but its been years.

#4 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:12 AM

How is the game? I played the old ones but its been years.

I liked it. It wasn't worth the 19-year wait though. I bought the DLC when it was half off but have yet to play it. 100% worth it for $10 with a steel case. I'm jealous for those that haven't bought the game yet. Absolute steel of a deal.

#5 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10790 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:21 PM

This is why you can be wary of Kickstarting games that will be funded. Mighty no 9, this, and Wonderful 101 crashed in price on release. Not saying the games are bad, but these games were going to get funded anyway after a point. Kickstarter hype isn't as hot recently, but oh it can be sometimes. Nonetheless I will try my copy after going through the first 2, which I got cheap as well. It pays to wait sometimes.

#6 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:47 PM

If anyone liked the first two 'Shenmue' games, they'll like the third entry. Just don't expect it to resolve much.

I'll reiterate this is worth it for the steelbook alone, but I'm guessing once the complete version leaves LRG it'll get a retail release, and Best Buy  probably wants to get rid of the vanilla release first.

#7 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:56 PM

Probably familiar news to anyone who orders Steelbooks, but if you're only in it for the Steelbook, be prepared for disappointment on the condition it comes in.  I got the Shenmue steel a couple of times from the BB website and they all came with dents.  The ones I found in stores weren't any better so I just kept the best one I got.  Maybe the ones from the warehouse and in stores are all returns for damage since this has been out for a while, but I've never had such bad luck with any other SBs.

#8 intent   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:02 AM

This is why you can be wary of Kickstarting games that will be funded. Mighty no 9, this, and Wonderful 101 crashed in price on release. Not saying the games are bad, but these games were going to get funded anyway after a point. Kickstarter hype isn't as hot recently, but oh it can be sometimes. Nonetheless I will try my copy after going through the first 2, which I got cheap as well. It pays to wait sometimes.

It’s not just Kickstarter. Nowadays all single player only games crash hard after release. Companies can do low budget and profit off $10 indies, or they can do AAA titles but rely on whales buying DLCs.

#9 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:51 AM

I liked it. It wasn't worth the 19-year wait though. I bought the DLC when it was half off but have yet to play it. 100% worth it for $10 with a steel case. I'm jealous for those that haven't bought the game yet. Absolute steel of a deal.

I see what you did there!

#10 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   635 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:10 PM

everyone buy shenmue 3!     we all want and need shenmue 4

#11 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:46 AM

Picked one up in case Shenmue 4 ever comes out and, at this price, getting the steelbook makes it worth it as I've been holding off on this in case an edition comes out with the dlc packed in.

Ordered it for store pickup but when I got to the store, they didn't have the steelbook. The customer rep put in an order for the steelbook to be shipped to me but found out today I was being charged $4 for shipping. Had to call Bestbuy's number and speak to 2 different reps before they would refund the shipping. Hope it arrives without major dents.

#12 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5622 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 27 February 2021 - 05:14 PM

If anyone liked the first two 'Shenmue' games, they'll like the third entry. Just don't expect it to resolve much.

I'll reiterate this is worth it for the steelbook alone, but I'm guessing once the complete version leaves LRG it'll get a retail release, and Best Buy  probably wants to get rid of the vanilla release first.

Ugh, talk about double insult to injury.  Supported Shenmue III on Kickstarter since I am fan of the series. Only to find out better versions existed.

Next, I paid double for the Steelbook alone.  Also, missed out on the "complete" version.

Would love to see Shenmue III on Switch and/or Xbox One.

#13 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 28 February 2021 - 04:37 AM

The steelbook arrived today. Looks fantastic and glad it arrived without any dents.

I look at games from a game maker like I do a book series from a favorite author. Not every book is going to be a winner but I'm not going to skip any one of them and hope the next one, if it ever comes, will return to the caliber of the author's past works.

Hoping for Shenmue 4.

#14 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3895 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 28 February 2021 - 04:51 AM

To be fair, it's not all about price. You can get exclusive goods or bonuses by backing (like I got my name in the credits), or you just want to show support.

That being said, it would have been nice if we at least got the damn steelbook that people are now getting bundled with the game for a tenner.

#15 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3401 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:41 AM

The steelbook arrived today. Looks fantastic and glad it arrived without any dents.

I look at games from a game maker like I do a book series from a favorite author. Not every book is going to be a winner but I'm not going to skip any one of them and hope the next one, if it ever comes, will return to the caliber of the author's past works.

Hoping for Shenmue 4.

I still can't believe how little (to nothing) Yu Suzuki resolved with III - ugh.  I'm not optimistic we'll get Shenmue IV ... but if we do, he better move the story along.

#16 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:24 PM

I still can't believe how little (to nothing) Yu Suzuki resolved with III - ugh.  I'm not optimistic we'll get Shenmue IV ... but if we do, he better move the story along.

To be fair, in Suzuki's original outline, 'Shenmue III' was always a middle chapter and not much would've been resolved. But I do agree, given how long and difficult it was to get the third game made, they should've condensed the overall storyline way down. Maybe even ended the 'Shenmue' saga with 'III' given how the end of the game could've set that up pretty easily.