- - - - -

Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

#391 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6149 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 02:00 AM

...there were more wii u owners when the game came out. If it was that good and didn't release on switch it wouldve still been a system seller for wii u right?

iirc nintendo also delays the original system releases and releases on the new platforms first so that didn't help either likely. But yeah had it been an exclusive like skyward sword was on the wii then it might have boosted wiiu sales a little. Probably not by much. 

#392 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:01 AM

Prices are unfortunately super high right now for all 2DS and 3DS systems...

I bought the New Nintendo 3DS XL (new condition) for $179 on ebay in 2019 with the intention of preserving it to experience the "DS" library as I never owned a DS-style device before. I did something similar with the PS Vita in 2018. I looked up the prices on ebay and the same 3DS I bought 2 years ago new is worth $749! The PS Vita 2000 (Blue Japanese import) model I bought for $208 is $340.61 at the cheapest on Ebay.

I am now convinced that I should buy a Switch lite once they firesale them ala the 3DS towards the end of the console's lifecycle. 

#393 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6149 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 02:10 AM

I bought the New Nintendo 3DS XL (new condition) for $179 on ebay in 2019 with the intention of preserving it to experience the "DS" library as I never owned a DS-style device before. I did something similar with the PS Vita in 2018. I looked up the prices on ebay and the same 3DS I bought 2 years ago new is worth $749! The PS Vita 2000 (Blue Japanese import) model I bought for $208 is $340.61 at the cheapest on Ebay.

I am now convinced that I should buy a Switch lite once they firesale them ala the 3DS towards the end of the console's lifecycle. 

Also keep an eye on amazon warehouse deals since dingers pop up on there for around 140. I got 2 off there. One for my mom and one for her granddaughter so they could play animal crossing. 

#394 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted Today, 03:10 AM

I bought a Nintendo GBA and put in a backlit screen, a DS, and New 3DS XL towards the end of 2019 since I was collecting Pokémon games and piecing them together so they’d be CIB. Between those systems and the Pokémon games I have, the value is crazy with the current market.

The fact that a pre-owned New 3DS XL and a CIB Pokémon Black V2 are nearly the same price as a brand new Series X or PS5 is baffling to me.

#395 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13394 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:47 AM

I remember the good old days of getting the Gameboy Micro on clearance at Sears for $29.99.  Man, them were the days.

#396 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8335 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:57 AM

No kidding. Prices are thru the roof on Ebay. Wondering if this is normal or not.

Thanks for the heads up. Did you happen to also find the cheapest price for a NN3DS XL?

I honestly don't know the difference between one or the other, but here is the pre-owned 3DS console category on the GameStop website.

https://www.gamestop...do-3ds/consoles

Have a ball. 

#397 EweCanGoFuckYourSelf  

EweCanGoFuckYourSelf

Posted Today, 02:52 PM

I honestly don't know the difference between one or the other, but here is the pre-owned 3DS console category on the GameStop website.

Hope you have better luck then I did with that list. Everything is unavailable for shipping and no store in a 100 mile radius has any devices.