* * * - - 7 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

#4471 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 23 June 2022 - 04:12 PM

Proper big eShop sale just went live. Seeing SMTV, Link’s Awakening, No More Heroes 3 on this one.

AI: The Somnium Files is also $8, GET ON THAT.

#4472 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72123 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 June 2022 - 04:59 PM

Big Ol' Super Sale (ends 7/7 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://www.nintendo...ales-and-deals/

Nintendo Games on Sale

• Astral Chain - 30% off
  • Bravely Default II - 30% off
  • Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring The Legend of Zelda, Season Pass, & Bundle - 30% off each
  • Daemon X Machina - 30% off
  • DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power - 30% off
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 30% off
  • Dragon Quest Builders - 30% off
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition - 30% off
  • Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy Deluxe Edition - 30% off
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - 30% off
  • Octopath Traveler - 30% off
  • Paper Mari: The Origami King - 30% off
  • Part Time UFO - 30% off
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe - 30% off
  • Super Mario Maker 2 - 30% off
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 30% off
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - 30% off

#4473 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 23 June 2022 - 05:11 PM

Big Ol' Super Sale (ends 7/7 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://www.nintendo...ales-and-deals/

And to go along with this,  check your local Costco for a pack of 4 x$25 eshop cards (total of $100) for 79.99 (20% off).  Mine had a sign that the sale is through 6/26.  I forgot to check the limit, but it’s usually 2.  

#4474 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   5150 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 05:42 PM

And to go along with this,  check your local Costco for a pack of 4 x$25 eshop cards (total of $100) for 79.99 (20% off).  Mine had a sign that the sale is through 6/26.  I forgot to check the limit, but it’s usually 2.  

Limit 3. They also have Xbox and PS gift cards on sale for the same price. In-store only.

#4475 Lithium Flower   Just about to bloom CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Lithium Flower

Posted 23 June 2022 - 05:51 PM

Proper big eShop sale just went live. Seeing SMTV, Link’s Awakening, No More Heroes 3 on this one.

The Somnium Files is an absolute steal for that price. Uchikoshi and company really let me down after Zero Time Dilemma but they won me back over with this.

#4476 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 06:23 PM

If you're talking about lurkers, obviously. But I definitely wouldn't say "most" people are just here for deals. This is a community, not a bulletin board.

Sure. I didn't mean to imply it wasn't a community. I don't want to derail the thread beyond Nintendo talk any more so I will just concede whatever argument to you.

If you purely want deals... then reddit r/nindendoswitchdeals should be your default first step.  Sort by "new" posts.

And/Or bookmark dekudeals for switch eshop pricedrops (I use them for physical price drops)

Yep. I have dekudeals wishlists all set up. By far, dekudeals is the most efficient way to learn about deals in my experience. It is also the easiest way for me to track what Nintendo games I already own. There are the occasional times though when a Nintendo Switch game is not in their database though. 

This thread has actually helped me more with hardware deals in my experience. I would have never found the 2DS or NN2DSXL refurbished by Nintendo deals otherwise. The only better way to find hardware deals is to follow Wario64 on twitter with notifications on but I had to stop since there were too many tweets about stuff I didn't care about.

#4477 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3882 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:10 PM

The Somnium Files is an absolute steal for that price. Uchikoshi and company really let me down after Zero Time Dilemma but they won me back over with this.

I'll +1 to these recommendations.  I don't love the somnium gameplay but the game has a lot of humor and one of the better unraveling mystery plotlines I've played.  It's the same price on steam currently if anyone else is like me and doesn't like to live with reduced performance on nsw.  Regardless, everyone buy it.

#4478 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4122 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:14 PM

AI: The Somnium Files, unless something has changed, has a demo on the eshop.  Give it a try before throwing cash at it to be sure it something you are interested in.

This thread has actually helped me more with hardware deals in my experience. I would have never found the 2DS or NN2DSXL refurbished by Nintendo deals otherwise. The only better way to find hardware deals is to follow Wario64 on twitter with notifications on but I had to stop since there were too many tweets about stuff I didn't care about.

By the time Wario posts something it's going to be hit HARD.  I got one of those cheap 2ds's by paying attention here and realizing it was about the same time daily that Nintendo was putting more stock out... and then posting for others.

I kind of wish I bought more... especially the Walmart New 2DS XL's for $100.  I ended up giving the one I bought to my youngest son as he really needed a new one and he didn't care about the 3D.

#4479 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1972 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:16 PM

Speaking of AI: The Somnium Files - How was I unaware that there's a sequel to the game being released tomorrow?

#4480 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4122 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 08:13 PM

Speaking of AI: The Somnium Files - How was I unaware that there's a sequel to the game being released tomorrow?

Not paying attention?  I don't even follow the series or serious game news and was aware of it.  :beer:

#4481 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   17189 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 08:18 PM

I got plenty of credit! Keep the deals coming.

I also got quite bored with AI so..🤷🏻‍♂️

#4482 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72123 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 June 2022 - 10:02 PM

GameStop is matching some of the deals and has some of its own for codes:

#4483 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 10:18 PM

That looks like something my niece would love, but I can't find any online places that sell it digital so I can get it as a code (& the store would have to price match the eshop too.) Why can't Nintendo just let us gift games? :bomb:

#4484 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2022 - 10:47 PM

Chicory: A Colorful Tale - $13.99

A very well reviewed game, and the first time it's been this low. There's a chance Gamestop could price match it if you want full gold coins.

More notables:

Murder by Numbers - $5.09 (lowest price ever)

Castlevania Advance Collection - $13.39 (lowest price ever)

Hades - $14.99

Ape Out - $3.74 (lowest price ever)

Penny-Punching Princess - $3.99 (lowest price ever)

The Touryst - $11.99 (lowest price ever)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution - $9.99 (lowest price ever)

Labyrinth City: Pierre the Maze Detective - $7.99 (lowest price ever)

Saints Row The Third - The Full Package - $9.99 (lowest price ever)
Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition - $14.99 (lowest price ever)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition - $7.49 (lowest price ever)
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition - $10.49 (lowest price ever)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition -$20.99 (lowest price ever)

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate - $13.99 (lowest price ever)

-

No More Heroes 3 - $29.99 (matches all time low)

Part Time UFO - $6.29 (.29 off it's lowest price. Been a whole year since it last went on sale)

Flipon - $3.29 (matches all time low)

Gato Roboto - $3.99 (matches all time low)
Anarcute - $3.74 (matches all time low)

Hungry Shark World - $1.99 (matches all time low)

Paperball Deluxe - $4.49 (matches all time low)

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered - $7.99 (matches all time low)

OKAMI HD - $9.99 (matches all time low)

#4485 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72123 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 June 2022 - 10:50 PM

Murder by Numbers is a fun Picross clone with some minor Phoenix Wright elements, mostly in finding "clues" that become puzzles. It's not difficult, but it's still fun for the story.

#4486 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   4130 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 24 June 2022 - 12:09 AM

I already have Shiren on Vita (collector's edition; could fetch me a decent price down the road), but I might get it for Switch. I've heard it has some new additions as well.

#4487 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 24 June 2022 - 04:26 AM

Mario Strikers: Battle League Drawstring Bag

600 platinum points

https://www.nintendo...-ms-league-mnr/

#4488 Mangydogg  

Mangydogg

Posted 24 June 2022 - 05:02 AM

Like all mynintendo rewards, the shipping kill the deal.

#4489 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:04 PM

Like all mynintendo rewards, the shipping kill the deal.

I just straight up ignore the platinum points. Not worth my time to pay shipping for that stuff since I am not a collector. I do make a note of when my gold points will start expiring and try to use up all of my points on a single purchase to maximize the value (typically ends up being around October since my first ever Nintendo purchase was in an October month). I can at least feel comfortable with using gold points on first party Nintendo titles since those prices rarely drop by much. I hope Advance Wars comes out by October on a sidenote....

#4490 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1047 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:05 PM

Just a heads up to anyone picking up a physical copy of AI the somnium files: Nirvana Initiative, there is a 6gb update. So if you’re low on storage space, be prepared.

#4491 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:13 PM

I finally see SNK 40th anniversary was on sale half off so $19.99. That game is great collection and bringing a lot in physical form. I also nabbed Cecconoid (maybe mispelled) a well reviewed 2d twin stick shooter for $1.99 and Rock of Ages 2 for $2.99. This was after an hour of going through sale titles and reading reviews on games these are some of the best that no gamer can go wrong with it seems. I'd be all over the Contra collection, castlevania collection, and konami arcade classics collection at $4.99 each had I not got them on PS4 a while back on sale. 

#4492 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2022 - 05:52 PM

Just a heads up to anyone picking up a physical copy of AI the somnium files: Nirvana Initiative, there is a 6gb update. So if you’re low on storage space, be prepared.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e36ffbc20879c41495

#4493 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2022 - 08:03 AM

Okay, something weird is going on.

I have a LOT of titles installed on my SD card.  I'm starting to think there is some weird limit at some point, and titles start "disappearing" without being uninstalled -- which is a pain, for reasons I'll explain.

•  Collection of SAGA, Collection of Mana, Castlevania Advance Collection, and Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams (?) all "vanished" from my home screen.
  • None of these were visible in my "redownload" list, but ALL showed "purchased" on the game's individual screens.

There was literally no way to install these titles.  Perhaps the files were corrupted, but I couldn't find system option to repair files/installations.

Suspicious that there was some sort of issue with the installed files, I removed the SD card and rebooted.  I went into the eShop Redownload list and noticed two things:

• Castlevania Advance Collection and Giana Sisters were both listed in my Redownloads.  The redownload button added them to my home screen and started a fresh download.  Interestingly, I could immediately play both titles, even though the downloads were nowhere near complete -- once the Redownload was initiated and the link was added back to my home screen, the Switch appeared to be able to use the existing (formerly hidden) installation without a problem.
  • Collection of Mana and Collection of SaGa did not appear in my Redownload list -- however, the eShop title pages for both games had a DOWNLOAD link instead of PURCHASED, and I was able to "reinstall" the titles from there.
    • After reinstalling, I archived both titles -- and now they appear in my Redownload list.

In summary: at least 4 installed titles "vanished" from my Home Screen (and the "uninstall software" settings menu) but could NOT be reinstalled as the Switch seemed to know they were present, albeit inaccessible.  The only solution was to remove the SD card and attempt to redownload the titles directly to system memory.  Also, the two Square titles still do not appear in my Redownload when uninstalled, but they DO have the Redownload option on their title menus in the eShop - after installing then again, the Redownload functionality appears to be fixed.

Has anyone else had this issue?

(I did switch to a new memory card in December and had to redownload everything -- maybe a few titles had issues when downloading and didn't complete properly?)

#4494 Volitar Prime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Volitar Prime

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:54 AM

Your SD card could be failing.

#4495 300mirrors  

300mirrors

Posted 26 June 2022 - 04:41 PM

Capcom is running a sale on the Wii U eShop if anyone is interested. Not sure what all of the games included are but I can verify Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki, and RE Umbrella Chronicles are $5 each, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is $8. You have to purchase on the console.

#4496 entexman  

entexman

Posted 26 June 2022 - 07:43 PM

Capcom is running a sale on the Wii U eShop if anyone is interested. Not sure what all of the games included are but I can verify Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki, and RE Umbrella Chronicles are $5 each, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is $8. You have to purchase on the console.

Picked up Zack and Wiki for $5. Total no brainer for me. Loved this game back in the early Nintendo Wii days.

#4497 Vindicated30.6   LOVE IS LOVE <3 CAG Veteran   96 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Vindicated30.6

Posted 26 June 2022 - 08:59 PM

It's on the 3DS too. I was going to grab Apollo Justice but forgot Gold coins only work on Switch eShop purchases...

#4498 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2022 - 11:37 PM

Your SD card could be failing.

I considered that, but I don't appear to be having any actual issues with installed titles, or even "recovered" missing titles.  We'll see -- I may need to reformat my card and reinstall stuff.

Edit: There appear to be a few internet posts claiming that the Switch's exFat support is problematic, and recommending everyone format their SD cards as FAT32.  Figuring I have nothing to lose, I'm reformatting and copying my album data over...

The other weird thing, which wouldn't seem like it would be SD related, is that the GROUP sorting seems... odd.  All my software was sorted into groups.  I just DELETED a bunch of demo titles, and discovered that several normal games had suddenly been removed from their groups.

Either there are problems with large numbers of titles appearing on the home screen / groups, or my internal flash memory is going bad...

#4499 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 27 June 2022 - 05:13 AM

I considered that, but I don't appear to be having any actual issues with installed titles, or even "recovered" missing titles.  We'll see -- I may need to reformat my card and reinstall stuff.

Could you have a fake card? Meaning its actually a smaller card labeled as a larger one?

#4500 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2022 - 05:19 AM

Could you have a fake card? Meaning its actually a smaller card labeled as a larger one?

I did a fake test when I first got the card -- it's this one from Amazon .  I did a full test in December when I got it, and I just did  windows chkdsk on it -- no errors.

I'm puzzled really -- I'm leaning towards SOME glitch in the Switch OS based on the fact that it appears to just be a matter of titles "vanishing" but the data remaining on the card.  The really annoying this is that it would be hard to "check" for missing software easily, as the redownload list doesn't appear to list anything it "detects", even if the software isn't shown in the data management menu.