* * * * * 1 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

#451 Kondorito  

Posted 02 May 2021 - 09:31 PM

Peeps, the game EMERGENCY HQ belongs to the free games group since a couple of days ago.

https://www.nintendo...ency-hq-switch/

#452 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70973 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 May 2021 - 11:12 PM

Sad to report that they fucked up the Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S picross game in a recent update that removed the ability to drag the cursor to mark multiple spots in a row. You can still do that for painting blocks, but not when you're trying to mark them for seeing which spots to paint or those you're sure are not painted. There are no options in the settings that affect them, so there's no way to get those abilities back. They did add an Assist option that keeps the numbers on the sides from graying as you get them right, but that's it from what I can tell. Disappointing update overall that makes it more annoying to play the game.

#453 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6236 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:16 AM

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Digital for the Switch is currently $39.99 at amazon.

Deku Deals says that it's also that price at Gamestop if you prefer to buy it there.

Physical version looks to be available at that price at both Target & Gamestop as well.

EDIT: It looks like the following are also available for $39.99 at Amazon.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Super Mario Odyssey

#454 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   975 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:21 AM

Grand Guilds is $2 on Switch, been waiting for a sale on that one.

#455 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4760 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:26 AM

Grand Guilds is $2 on Switch, been waiting for a sale on that one.

I read there is a game breaking bug halfway through with no fix in sight. May want to check into that further before you sink your time.

#456 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   975 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 02:59 AM

I read there is a game breaking bug halfway through with no fix in sight. May want to check into that further before you sink your time.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll research it

#457 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1424 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:40 PM

I've never played any fire emblem game but I love Into the Breach and the Advanced Wars games. Is three houses a good pickup?

Also, playing on a switch lite, if readability might be a factor. Thanks!

#458 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5823 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:51 PM

I've never played any fire emblem game but I love Into the Breach and the Advanced Wars games. Is three houses a good pickup?

If you like Advance Wars, the closer RPG to that is Langrisser. It even has the 10 men vs 10 men battle presentation. There's a demo for it on Switch. But the modern art in it is crappy. You'll want to change the settings to classic art.

#459 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   935 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:41 PM

Gunlord X is on sale for $4.99. First price drop since it was released two years ago.
https://www.nintendo...nlord-x-switch/

#460 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:20 PM

I really blew it with Mario Vs Rabbids, actually.  I was super into the concept, grabbed it full price with season pass thinking it will never go down in price!!!  But... of course... this is actually a Ubisoft game, so it has for sure dropped down into the deal range we're familiar with from non-Nintendo stuff, and I still haven't played it.

Yeah. I did something similar in buying it for $20 physical before knowing it would drop to $15. I even ended up buying it digitally for $10 as well since I am lazy and don't like getting up to change cartridges. The only reason I still prefer physical is that I am leery of losing my digital games if stores shut down and typically physical games get better discounts. 

Also in the distant future when these consoles become obsolete, most likely the games will be playable digitally by "other" unofficial means if you catch my drift. I know that future may already be here in some instances but I like the original hardware experience and supporting the devs if I can.

#461 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:29 PM

I randomly played Advance Wars and loved the game/concept. I have enjoyed X-COM and strategy games in the past and tactical games just feel more rewarding than other genres for me. I have always wanted to try Fire Emblem and recently started FE 3 Houses. It is pretty good and the story is interesting to motivate you to keep playing. You get a lot of content for the price if you want to experience all the different routes offered in the game. I would recommend it for sure.

The only thing I will warn you about though is that there are a lot of times you won't be in battle and just talking to characters in a monastery. If you are someone who is put off by Anime or the fake socializing aspect (Persona games) then you may not click with it. These non-battle portions of the game serve as a way of fleshing out the story and backgrounds of the individual characters.

Another game similar to Advance Wars would be Wargroove. I believe that game is like a medieval version of Advance Wars. I own it but it is in my backlog still. It got a lot of favorable reviews.

#462 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3152 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:11 PM

3H was overall okay in my book. Some high production values in some aspects but some serious shortcomings in others. I would not recommend it as a starting point to FE. If you have a 3ds available, I would strongly recommend starting with FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. It's my favorite game in the series but also gives you a feel for the franchise legacy. Awakening would also be a solid choice.

I liked Into the Breach enough to unlock everything, but for me its genre is best identified as a puzzle game than a tactical rpg.

#463 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1424 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:57 PM

I liked Into the Breach enough to unlock everything, but for me its genre is best identified as a puzzle game than a tactical rpg.

Okay, thanks to you and to others who replied. I'm often worried about missing out on a sale and finding out after the fact that I should have jumped on it, and that was my motivation here, too.

It seems like maybe I should just play wargroove instead of 3H, since I'm totally going to be put off by socializing and story development. I do have a 3DS so I'll keep an eye out for that Fire Emblem title, too.

#464 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3034 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:06 PM

I have a feeling a large portion of Mario + Rabbids sales are from people who have no idea what it is but can't pass on a Mario game that somehow is only $15.

#465 Alien Spider   #SQUIRTLESQUAD CAGiversary!   1498 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Alien Spider

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:37 PM

I have a feeling a large portion of Mario + Rabbids sales are from people who have no idea what it is but can't pass on a Mario game that somehow is only $15.

Ha, you’re probably right. Luckily it’s a pretty great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#466 escapekey   I like the taste! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

escapekey

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:25 AM

Gunlord X is on sale for $4.99. First price drop since it was released two years ago.
https://www.nintendo...nlord-x-switch/

I played this immediately following my playthrough of the Turrican Flashback collection, and I was not disappointed.  Gunlord X definitely falls in line with the first two Turrican Amiga games.

#467 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6221 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:22 AM

3H was overall okay in my book. Some high production values in some aspects but some serious shortcomings in others. I would not recommend it as a starting point to FE. If you have a 3ds available, I would strongly recommend starting with FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. It's my favorite game in the series but also gives you a feel for the franchise legacy. Awakening would also be a solid choice.

seconded on awakening since it's a much better game for first timers to ease into. 

Shadow dragon ds would be another one as it would be one of the most dated you could play besides the port of the original on the switch. It has permadeath past the tutorial chapters though. 

echoes is alright but I'm not sure it'd make a good first impression thanks to the stupid monster spawns and the guide dang it plot triggers at times.  Oh and the horrible swamp and desert maps that you trudge through with summoners summoning eyeballs infinitely. If you do decide to play echoes make sure to grab that free pitchfork dlc so you can reclass characters.  And make them ladies into fliers so you'll have an easier time on those maps. And make sure to leave the one female character in the village and have her recruited by the female lead cel instead of alm since she'll be more useful on her route as a flier while he's got easier maps.

#468 TheSupremeForce   Knight of the Word CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

TheSupremeForce

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:59 AM

FE: Three Houses remains my favorite Switch game, but I found the out of combat stuff hilariously entertaining, especially the "relationships" that made it feel like basically every character was involved in a love triangle. 

#469 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:27 AM

I bought the cart at Gamestop for $15 and then the DLC on sale for $7.49 and was all excited and promptly forgot all about it because of the massive amount of games we are spoiled to have nowadays and the fact that was lucky enough to get a PS5 and Series X so yeah, I need to put some time aside for the Rabbids and Mario.

#470 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1604 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 04 May 2021 - 10:31 AM

Into the Breach for me is probably my second favorite game on the switch. The only game I like more is Slay the Spire. On the surface the two games look very different but they are both very deep turn based strategy games. In both you know what your enemy is going to do and you have to counter it. I love both and I would recommend slay the spire to anyone who likes into the breach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#471 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6988 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:39 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles DE on sale at GameStop for $29.99 today.

Got it clearanced from Walmart earlier this year. Went into the game knowing almost nothing about it and didn't feel like it would appeal to me and I would just flip it. PLEASANTLY surprised that it's actually fantastic.

#472 Phi  

Posted 05 May 2021 - 10:00 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles DE on sale at GameStop for $29.99 today.

Got it clearanced from Walmart earlier this year. Went into the game knowing almost nothing about it and didn't feel like it would appeal to me and I would just flip it. PLEASANTLY surprised that it's actually fantastic.

That's cool. It does seem to be the best Xenoblade game, though I also liked Xenoblade X. I'm still trying to get used to some of the things behind Xenoblade 2 before I play through it, so can't really judge it vs. Xenoblade 2, however. Xenoblade X kind of reminded me of Zelda Breath of the Wild.

#473 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   867 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2021 - 10:52 PM

That's cool. It does seem to be the best Xenoblade game, though I also liked Xenoblade X. I'm still trying to get used to some of the things behind Xenoblade 2 before I play through it, so can't really judge it vs. Xenoblade 2, however. Xenoblade X kind of reminded me of Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Xenoblade X had the best world, but the worst story, characters, weapons... well everything else. Still a solid game though. Been playing XBC2 in chunks for a couple years. It's not all time great like the original, but its good fun. Seems to drag though. I'll finish it this year hopefully. Lol!

• Phi likes this

#474 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6988 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:10 PM

Apparently Nintendo grabbed some of the developers from Monolith to work on Breath of the Wild, so the comparison is appropriate.

#475 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70973 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:46 PM

#476 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:57 AM

Toree 3D is a great little game for 99 cents

#477 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70973 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 06 May 2021 - 02:47 PM

#478 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3937 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2021 - 02:49 PM

wish they added online co-op to dark alliance

#479 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11535 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:17 PM

wish they added online co-op to dark alliance

There is some sort of co-op in the game based on this trailer:

#480 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3937 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:18 PM

There is some sort of co-op in the game based on this trailer:

the original had local co-op