* * * * * 1 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

#691 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5578 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:07 PM

Did they have regular size new 3DSes in the US outside that Mario edition, which I think was a limited edition TRU exclusive?

They were selling them at Walmart for $99 during the Christmas season like three years ago or something. Not sure if they ever made it anywhere else.

I was really tempted, but I figured they’d probably go even lower the next year.

#692 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:45 PM

So about that rumor that New Switch would be announced before E3/summergamefest....

#693 elessar123  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:45 PM

Did they have regular size new 3DSes in the US outside that Mario edition, which I think was a limited edition TRU exclusive?

Pokemon Red/Blue one.

#694 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71055 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:16 PM

#695 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71055 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:24 PM

#696 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1007 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:31 PM

So about that rumor that New Switch would be announced before E3/summergamefest....

The secondary sources piggybacking off the Bloomberg article were saying before E3 but a few walked that back already.

#697 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1393 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:10 PM

Ubisoft Store has most of their Switch codes (including some DLC and bundles) on sale, plus a code for $10 off a $15 purchase: FORWARD.

Mind that some games like Scott Pilgrim are currently out of stock. The sale should go on at least until the 12th, and the coupon code expires on the 21st.

http://store.ubi.com

Scott Pilgrim is back in stock. I ordered that and the Mario Rabbids Season Pass to finally play the Donkey Kong DLC. Total ended up being $10.

#698 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10513 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:21 PM

I'm hesitant to buy anything before the E3 deals get revealed next week. 

#699 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:35 PM

Scott Pilgrim is back in stock. I ordered that and the Mario Rabbids Season Pass to finally play the Donkey Kong DLC. Total ended up being $10.

They restocked everything. Last night I ordered Assassin Creed Rebel collection for $10 after the forward code and got $2 worth of gold coins after the redemption. I didn't want to post until I actually for the code.

As a warning, credit card payment seems to go through quickly while my PayPal transaction didn't generate a receipt or code until nearly 12 hours later. Reddit indicates similar experiences for others using apple pay.

#700 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 11 June 2021 - 03:22 PM

They restocked everything. Last night I ordered Assassin Creed Rebel collection for $10 after the forward code and got $2 worth of gold coins after the redemption. I didn't want to post until I actually for the code.

As a warning, credit card payment seems to go through quickly while my PayPal transaction didn't generate a receipt or code until nearly 12 hours later. Reddit indicates similar experiences for others using apple pay.

Can the code be used more than once or is it one time use per account?

#701 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 11 June 2021 - 03:50 PM

Can the code be used more than once or is it one time use per account?

People seem to say you can us it in multiple separate orders. Haven't tried it personally

#702 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6104 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:00 PM

The secondary sources piggybacking off the Bloomberg article were saying before E3 but a few walked that back already.

I’ve seen quite a few articles now questioning the existence of the Pro/Super model … but wouldn’t it make the most sense for Nintendo to announce it first during their E3/Direct and then go into all the games you can play on it?

We know from past mid-generation upgrades from Nintendo that it won’t have a huge number of exclusives for the revised Switch (perhaps a handful), but it’s still a big deal and would be odd for Nintendo to just throw out the upgraded system without much fanfare.

If I were a gambling man, I’d say they announce the new console first and then games that are enhanced by it. I’m still thinking BotW 2 makes a holiday release and it will be heavily tied in with the enhanced performance from the new Switch revision.

#703 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:09 PM

People seem to say you can us it in multiple separate orders. Haven't tried it personally

Thanks just tried and it worked. Got both assassin's Creed games for $10 each, both came with 200 gold coins. Also grabbed Scott pilgrim and the Mario rabbits season pass for about $10. Scott pilgrim did not include gold coins for some reason but Mario rabbits season pass included 100 gold coins.

#704 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7048 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:14 PM

I’ve seen quite a few articles now questioning the existence of the Pro/Super model … but wouldn’t it make the most sense for Nintendo to announce it first during their E3/Direct and then go into all the games you can play on it?

We know from past mid-generation upgrades from Nintendo that it won’t have a huge number of exclusives for the revised Switch (perhaps a handful), but it’s still a big deal and would be odd for Nintendo to just throw out the upgraded system without much fanfare.

If I were a gambling man, I’d say they announce the new console first and then games that are enhanced by it. I’m still thinking BotW 2 makes a holiday release and it will be heavily tied in with the enhanced performance from the new Switch revision.

I feel like BOTW 2 will be released on the same day as the new Switch and Gamepass is not coming to Switch, but that Master Chief is coming to Smash and that was what Phil Spencer was hinting at.

#705 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6104 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:34 PM

Could just be Smash, but definitely something brewing between MS and Nintendo.

#706 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:47 PM

I believe they the first one they released in the US was the Happy Home Designer (Animal Crossing) one.  That's the one I purchased.  It had all of the interchangable faceplates.

#707 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3832 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2021 - 06:57 PM

Thanks just tried and it worked. Got both assassin's Creed games for $10 each, both came with 200 gold coins. Also grabbed Scott pilgrim and the Mario rabbits season pass for about $10. Scott pilgrim did not include gold coins for some reason but Mario rabbits season pass included 100 gold coins.

If only they sold codes for things like the Immortals Season Pass for consoles on there.  That would be an amazing deal.  

#708 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:01 PM

If only they sold codes for things like the Immortals Season Pass for consoles on there. That would be an amazing deal.

I was thinking the same thing when I was browsing on there. They sell it for PC, but I have it on PS5 so that's no help.

#709 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3832 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:26 PM

I was thinking the same thing when I was browsing on there. They sell it for PC, but I have it on PS5 so that's no help.

Same here.  I really want to try some of the DLC, guess we'll just have to wait until the next PS store sale for it.  

#710 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8433 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:52 PM

I discovered that people on Slickdeals were using the UbiSoft deal to buy Switch digital games last night.  I was able to order Scott Pilgrim, UNO, Rayman: Definitive Edition, and both Assassin's Creed games for Switch along with most of the Far Cry PC titles yesterday. 

My UNO code still hasn't shown up yet, and I will probably never play any of the Far Cry games since I have them all on Xbox, but UbiSoft is offering amazing deals with this sale.  I'm sure the company's seeing more purchases in the past few days than it's seen in years.

#711 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3205 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 02:25 AM

Yeah im not sure if we'll see this again from the ubi store. Bought $30 worth of stuff earlier. But mostly pc content. Switch is a great platform for stuff like rayman and child of light.. but would be my last choice for playing an open world ubi game.

#712 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8433 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 02:43 AM

Yeah im not sure if we'll see this again from the ubi store. Bought $30 worth of stuff earlier. But mostly pc content. Switch is a great platform for stuff like rayman and child of light.. but would be my last choice for playing an open world ubi game.

I only bought the Assassin's Creed games because they've never been that low on the eShop or at retail.  As usual, I don't have the room to download either of them on my micro SD card, but I figured that they will probably not go that low again.  I might add the Mario Rabbids season pass, but the base game has never seemed interesting to me even though it's been on sale a hundred times before.

And I got a bunch of free Lenovo PCs at work that were about to be recycled a while back, so I should probably download the Far Cry games after I wipe and reformat them since I now have the space to do so.  But I've never actually used the Ubi PC client before.  

#713 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:12 PM

So Assassin's Creed Black Flag is the first assassin's creed game I've ever played. Judge all you want, won't change reality for me. And speaking of reality:

Imagine my extreme confusion when traveling to a restricted area and getting "desynchronized" with flashy computer effects in pirate times, and then looking in the menus and seeing "end simulation." Wait, what?

Not only is that dumb, it's not explained anywhere. What's going on here?

#714 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8433 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:16 PM

So Assassin's Creed Black Flag is the first assassin's creed game I've ever played. Judge all you want, won't change reality for me. And speaking of reality:

Imagine my extreme confusion when traveling to a restricted area and getting "desynchronized" with flashy computer effects in pirate times, and then looking in the menus and seeing "end simulation." Wait, what?

Is that the ending?  :shock:

#715 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1875 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:18 PM

Assassin's Creed has some dumb modern day plot where some other character is hooked up to some VR-like stuff so they can experience the life of an assassin in the past.  Or something.  It's a common thread between all of the games, though I think that character changes eventually (I've played the Ezio trilogy and Odyssey, and the modern day characters were different).

#716 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15257 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:21 PM

Assassin's Creed has some dumb modern day plot where some other character is hooked up to some VR-like stuff so they can experience the life of an assassin in the past.  Or something.  It's a common thread between all of the games, though I think that character changes eventually (I've played the Ezio trilogy and Odyssey, and the modern day characters were different).

There's a drug that somehow allows you to experience the lives of your ancestors through your DNA or some junk like that. Half of my knowledge of this franchise comes from the equally bad movie with Michael Fassbender.

I mean, the gameplay is pretty good. Just don't think too much about how impossible the story is.

#717 Alien Spider   #SQUIRTLESQUAD CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Alien Spider

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:23 PM

Ha, yeah that would be confusing. I’ve not played any of the games but I’ve gleaned over the years that in the AC games the “action”/“historical” parts are a simulation of sorts, and the “modern time”/“boring” parts explain why you’re spending all your time in that simulation. Something about Templars being bad, not sure how being in a simulation fixes that though. Oh well, I have less than zero interest in finding out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#718 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1875 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:38 PM

https://www.nintendo...of-hope-switch/

Guess it's getting announced at the Ubisoft event today.

#719 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   984 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:45 PM

Sorry, took the wrong pills!

#720 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 12 June 2021 - 01:23 PM

Is that the ending? :shock:

Seems to be the framing device for the entire series of games. Maybe it was the ending of the first game? Dunno.

Kinda silly. Nothing feels lower stakes than playing a simulation inside a video game. On the other hand it's pretty fun and I'm only interested in gameplay.