* * * - - 5 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

#931 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6448 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 June 2021 - 08:56 PM

I think my Wii has trouble displaying colors at 480p component resolution, so I'm looking into upgrading to a Wii U while keeping all my original Wii games and accessories. 

Best way to obtain a complete Wii U system?

I got one off Mercari a year or two ago.

#932 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71190 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 June 2021 - 11:09 PM

Reminder that a lot of the E3 sale stuff ends tonight:

https://www.dekudeal...er[store]=eshop

#933 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71190 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 June 2021 - 03:44 AM

#934 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4843 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 03:33 PM

Nintendo had refurb white/orange 2ds xl for a hot second. Tried adding to cart but already gone.

#935 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 03:55 PM

Nintendo had refurb white/orange 2ds xl for a hot second. Tried adding to cart but already gone.

must have been really quick as wario didn't even tweet about it

#936 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3770 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:20 PM

People... resellers that is... have caught on and are probably monitoring that page for changes with a script or something.  Or they are just paying close attention since that new 2ds xl showing up is right within the time frame of pretty much all the other deals.

#937 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1646 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:45 PM

Finally decided to grab Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition & Guacamelee! 2 Complete, both all time lows on the eShop.

#938 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:10 PM

Has Nintendo ever allowed digital purchases to be played on a different system? I don’t mean another 3DS family system but Wii to Wii U, Wii U to Switch, 3DS to Switch, etc?

#939 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:13 PM

Has Nintendo ever allowed digital purchases to be played on a different system? I don’t mean another 3DS family system but Wii to Wii U, Wii U to Switch, 3DS to Switch, etc?

At best they had some smaller 3DS/Wii U games where upon purchase they would issue you a code for the other version of it. They also sold Smash DLC this way.

They never really did the standard, less exploitable thing and just register the other version of those directly to your account.

#940 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:14 PM

the wii u let you play digital wii crap

#941 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:16 PM

the wii u let you play digital wii crap

Yeah, but it was more like you sacrificed your Wii to move over its library to Wii U. No redownloads on the old system and no transfers back.

EDIT: New Game Trial coming up. Fuser is rad, try it.
https://twitter.com/...383034224021505

#942 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, but it was more like you sacrificed your Wii to move over its library to Wii U. No redownloads on the old system and no transfers back.

I enjoyed playing around with the music in fuser but i don't know how it rates as a game. It's basically digital dropmix which I loved. Still regret not buying the last 3 or 4 packs that came out so i'd have a complete set of cards.

#943 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 05:27 PM

https://twitter.com/...383034224021505

What were the pros and cons besides the obvious the transfer being one way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#944 not2worried   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

not2worried

Posted 22 June 2021 - 06:14 PM

I enjoyed playing around with the music in fuser but i don't know how it rates as a game. It's basically digital dropmix which I loved. Still regret not buying the last 3 or 4 packs that came out so i'd have a complete set of cards.

Sigh.., my Dropmix will no longer connect to any bluetooth device, even after a reset. Fun system. Might need to pick up Fuser to replace it. 

#945 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 06:41 PM

Sigh.., my Dropmix will no longer connect to any bluetooth device, even after a reset. Fun system. Might need to pick up Fuser to replace it. 

you should be able to get a new dropmix board for cheap.

#946 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3770 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 06:45 PM

I wonder if it's even still possible to do the wii u transfer as you need the WIi to go on the Wii eShop (closed in 2019) to downloade the Wii-U transfer tool.   At least that's how I understand it works (been a long time since I did it).  Even if you can go on the eshop with the wii and download the tool... if your wii is modified that might be a really bad idea.  Then again, maybe there's another resource for getting the wii-u transfer tool for the wii in that case.

#947 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5671 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2021 - 08:02 PM

I wonder if it's even still possible to do the wii u transfer as you need the WIi to go on the Wii eShop (closed in 2019) to downloade the Wii-U transfer tool. At least that's how I understand it works (been a long time since I did it). Even if you can go on the eshop with the wii and download the tool... if your wii is modified that might be a really bad idea. Then again, maybe there's another resource for getting the wii-u transfer tool for the wii in that case.

If your Wii and Wii U are both softmodded, I imagine there are easier ways to directly transfer data between the two. Haven’t looked into it personally, but that seems like the kind of thing that would have been relatively simple and desirable to implement after the Wii U had been cracked.

#948 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:59 PM

If your Wii and Wii U are both softmodded, I imagine there are easier ways to directly transfer data between the two. Haven’t looked into it personally, but that seems like the kind of thing that would have been relatively simple and desirable to implement after the Wii U had been cracked.

Yeah, you likely wouldn't be stopping at titles you've already purchased at that point.

#949 geekygreulich  

geekygreulich

Posted 23 June 2021 - 06:04 PM

I was even able to pull my wife's Animal Crossing save that's nearly 20 years old at this point from the GC memory card on a Wii to a virtual memory card in Nintendont on vWii on the Wii U, so there are definitely tools to do so.

#950 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:01 AM

Went ahead and bit the bullet on the 1TB card from Amazon for $132. 

Have a 400GB that has less than 10GB left. Toyed with the idea of jumping to 512GB but figured I’d be in the same spot in a year. 

#951 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   614 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:56 AM

But the bullet on the 1TB card from Amazon for $132.

Have a 400GB that has less than 10GB left. Toyed with the idea of jumping to 512GB but figured I’d be in the same spot in a year.

You will. I was.

#952 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10604 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:03 AM

I'm jumping from 256 gig to 512 GB. Hopefully by the time I need the 1TB card they will be a lot cheaper.

#953 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:00 PM

I'm jumping from 256 gig to 512 GB. Hopefully by the time I need the 1TB card they will be a lot cheaper.

I did that as well took about 2 days

#954 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:44 PM

I wonder if it's even still possible to do the wii u transfer as you need the WIi to go on the Wii eShop (closed in 2019) to downloade the Wii-U transfer tool. At least that's how I understand it works (been a long time since I did it). Even if you can go on the eshop with the wii and download the tool... if your wii is modified that might be a really bad idea. Then again, maybe there's another resource for getting the wii-u transfer tool for the wii in that case.

My Wii was already soft modded when I did it but at the time I had a fix installed that still allowed me to legally access the Wii shop and make purchases/redownloads

#955 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:29 PM

Dang, Mario Golf looks to be as mediocre as Mario Tennis. Might wait for the inevitable $40 holiday sale.

#956 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3770 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:32 PM

I'm pretty happy with the 128gb card in my switch.  Most of my collection is physical though... so I'll likely never have to upgrade my 128gb card unless it dies.

#957 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2890 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:38 PM

Dang, Mario Golf looks to be as mediocre as Mario Tennis. Might wait for the inevitable $40 holiday sale.

I literally just read like 5 reviews this morning and all of them were raving about how good it was. Not sure where you're getting your info.

#958 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:40 PM

I literally just read like 5 reviews this morning and all of them were raving about how good it was. Not sure where you're getting your info.

Fair on Open Critic

https://opencritic.c...golf-super-rush

#959 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6173 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:42 PM

Not sure a 6 on IGN is raving … reviews seem mixed. Looks fun but it also falls into the perfect release window for a Black Friday discount.

#960 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:48 PM

I'll pass on this. Mario Tennis was a disappointment to me also. Looks like Mario Golf is at 74 Metacritic & dropping. Nintendo life gave it a 7 (notorious 1st party nut huggers). Which isn't bad imo, but far from raving reviews. Hell if it looks good to you just buy it. Screw reviews.