* * * - - 5 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

#961 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   614 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:57 PM

It looks like the reviews say that it's fun with a lacking story mode and online support. I think this is one of those wait for $30 games, plus by then Nintendo will have hopefully finished the game, i mean released all of the dlc

#962 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4298 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 24 June 2021 - 03:13 PM

I haven't really enjoyed a Mario golf game since toadstool tour on gamecube. Was really hoping this would be good. I'm still getting it, but the lack of online tournaments and unlockable characters is pretty lame. The story definitely looks to follow in the footsteps of Mario tennis. Hopefully Nintendo shows tons of support after launch because only 6 courses isn't really enough either.

#963 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2889 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 24 June 2021 - 03:16 PM

Not sure a 6 on IGN is raving … reviews seem mixed. Looks fun but it also falls into the perfect release window for a Black Friday discount.

Like I said the 5 I read this morning were all extremely positive. I didn't read every single review of the game from every outlet.

#964 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3765 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2021 - 03:50 PM

Toadstool Tour had 6 courses so I'm fine with that at launch.  All the content updates are going to be free so already a step above.  I plan to get this day 1 (that walmart stocks it locally, for $50).  My family loved Toadstool Tour and that was 18 years ago.  Even my wife would request we played that game.   Reading some reviews the Story mode sounds fine to me.  Eveything else in the game is a bonus.  I never played much Speed Golf in Toadstool Tour... so if I end up not playing much of these other modes it's no big deal as I mainly want standard golf on TV again.

#965 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:20 PM

Paperball Deluxe is on sale for $8.99 (50% off)

It's Monkey Ball with the aesthetics of Yoshi's Crafted World. You get 250 stages, 7 different modes/ways to play those stages, and it even has achievements. The graphics look a little low-res but I'm giving it a try at that price. This is the first time it has been on sale.

Also, another cute game just got ported over to switch:

Summer Paws has a launch discount so it's only $3.49 (suckers! I would have bought it at $5)

You're in a top down view of 18 different islands where your goal is to solve puzzles and find 100 cats!

#966 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9388 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:06 PM

Mario Golf is probably designed with the same philosophy that has been plaguing several first-party MP-focused titles: Bare minimum at launch, drag out the life of the game by having a series of QoL updates that should have been there at launch/were in previous entries. I expect the game will end up being pretty good.. in a year.

#967 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3765 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:51 PM

It sounds like Mario Golf at launch has more content at the start than most of the other side/party games and more content than Toadstool Tour had.   Of course I would have liked more ... but it did take about 10 years or so before my family stopped playing Toadstool Tour... so I'm happy content updates will be free and it has more content at launch than the last console Mario Golf.

#968 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3071 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2021 - 11:38 PM

Wow. My need for Mario Golf just went way down after seeing it only supports 2 players per console. Not being able to do 4 people on Speed Golf or the other "all at once" modes is understandable but it should be no problem to do that many if you are just taking turns like with every other golf game.

https://mariogolf.ni...om/how-to-play/

#969 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4144 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:03 AM

Wow. My need for Mario Golf just went way down after seeing it only supports 2 players per console. Not being able to do 4 people on Speed Golf or the other "all at once" modes is understandable but it should be no problem to do that many if you are just taking turns like with every other golf game.

https://mariogolf.ni...om/how-to-play/

Wait only 2 players?? Damn nintendo

#970 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1476 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:09 AM

Most of these single sports done as Mario video games are just too simplistic, shallow, and boring.

Mario Sports Superstars (3DS) and Mario Sports Mix (Wii) were among the best Mario sports games because they had a lot of different sports to add variety or at least breadth to justify the price...

#971 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:39 AM

Toadstool Tour had 6 courses so I'm fine with that at launch.  All the content updates are going to be free so already a step above.  I plan to get this day 1 (that walmart stocks it locally, for $50).  My family loved Toadstool Tour and that was 18 years ago.  Even my wife would request we played that game.   Reading some reviews the Story mode sounds fine to me.  Eveything else in the game is a bonus.  I never played much Speed Golf in Toadstool Tour... so if I end up not playing much of these other modes it's no big deal as I mainly want standard golf on TV again.

Toadstool Tour has 7 courses.

#972 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9388 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:23 AM

"I haven't been able to test online play, but Speed Rush offers local play for four players taking turns, or two-players on splitscreen for synchronous multiplayer like Speed Golf and Battle Golf." Quote from Eurogamer review.
Game still seems undercooked but at least they weren't complete idiots in regards to local MP.

#973 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:41 AM

Any opinions on Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin? It's on sale for $28 and I've had my eye on it for a while.

#974 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3285 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:44 AM

Any opinions on Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin? It's on sale for $28 and I've had my eye on it for a while.

I recently bought this. Have yet to play it. But I did have to choose another platform. Numerous sources find issues with the compressed audio they chose to use in the switch version.

#975 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1711 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 25 June 2021 - 02:04 AM

I bought the PS4 version this week and started playing today. So far the graphics are nice and the combat seems solid. My only complaint is that the main character’s voice is quite annoying imo.

#976 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3765 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:25 PM

"I haven't been able to test online play, but Speed Rush offers local play for four players taking turns, or two-players on splitscreen for synchronous multiplayer like Speed Golf and Battle Golf." Quote from Eurogamer review.
Game still seems undercooked but at least they weren't complete idiots in regards to local MP.

All the advertising, including the eshop listing and video, said it had 4 players.   The ** notation though mentioned needing other systems, controllers, and/or nintendo online for some of it which probably confused the reviewers that didn't play the game and instead rushed a review out (pun not intended, but it works).   The video on the eshop demonstrated 4 player local.

I stopped by one of my local walmart stores this morning... they hadn't stocked it yet but the stickers on the shelf had the correct walmart price of $49 & change... and the walmart app when choosing more options for store purchase showed all my stores have that price.  As soon as it hits shelves I'll grab a copy (maybe at lunch time).

Tony Hawk also had the reduced price to $33 & change if anyone cared.  I haven't read any reviews on this version of the port... but will likely get this later since I don't need it right away.

#977 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:32 PM

All the advertising, including the eshop listing and video, said it had 4 players.   The ** notation though mentioned needing other systems, controllers, and/or nintendo online for some of it which probably confused the reviewers that didn't play the game and instead rushed a review out (pun not intended, but it works).   The video on the eshop demonstrated 4 player local.

I stopped by one of my local walmart stores this morning... they hadn't stocked it yet but the stickers on the shelf had the correct walmart price of $49 & change... and the walmart app when choosing more options for store purchase showed all my stores have that price.  As soon as it hits shelves I'll grab a copy (maybe at lunch time).

Tony Hawk also had the reduced price to $33 & change if anyone cared.  I haven't read any reviews on this version of the port... but will likely get this later since I don't need it right away.

I’m also stopping by Walmart later to pick it up.  I hope the one guy at my local store that cares about video games is working because even if it’s not on the shelf he will go in the back to get it.  

#978 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71182 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 June 2021 - 01:42 PM

#979 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71182 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 June 2021 - 02:02 PM

Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo is out now:

https://www.nintendo...of-ruin-switch/

#980 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 25 June 2021 - 02:14 PM

Can anyone be a sweetheart and share photos of those in-store prices for TH1+2 and Mario Golf?

#981 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:26 PM

Can anyone be a sweetheart and share photos of those in-store prices for TH1+2 and Mario Golf?

Found this on gamefaq, no game but better than nothing?CF3C53DD-7CF8-4846-B856-0DA82B73A911.jpeg

#982 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:34 PM

Awesome! Just need to finish the trails in the sky trilogy, and trails of cold steel 1-4 for these new games to make sense. I think the only stand alone game is Nayuta. Now to find the free time……

#983 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71182 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:04 PM

#984 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3765 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:08 PM

If you just want to confirm the prices you can do so with the walmart app, shop at walmart.com, and then look up each game and next to where it shows your local store click the more "options" link which will show the instore price.  THPS1&2 was $33.88 I think.

#985 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:27 PM

If you just want to confirm the prices you can do so with the walmart app, shop at walmart.com, and then look up each game and next to where it shows your local store click the more "options" link which will show the instore price.  THPS1&2 was $33.88 I think.

He wants a photo so he can get GameStop to price match without going into Walmart to get the necessary proof for the PM. 

#986 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:50 PM

Found this on gamefaq, no game but better than nothing?attachicon.gifCF3C53DD-7CF8-4846-B856-0DA82B73A911.jpeg

Thank ya kind sir

#987 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:51 PM

He wants a photo so he can get GameStop to price match without going into Walmart to get the necessary proof for the PM. 

Pretty much. Was able to do that with P Snap and they just price adjusted it after a glance.

#988 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3765 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:36 PM

Makes sense.  I checked my store at lunch and they had THPS1&2 stocked but Golf wasn't yet.   Don't have a pic to share, lol.

#989 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11634 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:32 PM

Both the website and the app are showing $57.99 (third party) as the in-store price for the golf game.  I'm not sure BB or GS would PM a picture of the shelf sticker from online.  

What's weird is that BrickSeek is showing the right price but same-day pickup isn't.

#990 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:44 PM

Both the website and the app are showing $57.99 (third party) as the in-store price for the golf game.  I'm not sure BB or GS would PM a picture of the shelf sticker from online.  

What's weird is that BrickSeek is showing the right price but same-day pickup isn't.

Additional sellers > Walmart > Available now at > Options.

YMMV just got GameStop to price match it for me and got my PINS.