* * * * - 13 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#6391 Kromis   Für das Vaterland! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 02:25 PM

I checked mine on the PS app.  After you enter the code and click next, it will tell you what it’s for and then you can redeem or cancel.

Ah awesome, thank you for the quick response! Man I wish Steam did the same so I can check my backlog of Steam keys from Humble Bundle without accidentally redeeming them :)

#6392 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1153 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 02:36 PM

So a 1 month PS Now code redeemed at the start of June would do the trick?

Edit: Bought a 1 month code on GameFlip for $20. Checked it and I’m able to redeem it. I’ll save it until we’re close to launch.

I had PS+ through July 2025, so I was going to do this same thing through a month code on Gameflip, but it sold out as I was putting in my credit card info during the checkout process!

Anyone know where else I can find a 1 month code?

#6393 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 02:44 PM

I had PS+ through July 2025, so I was going to do this same thing through a month code on Gameflip, but it sold out as I was putting in my credit card info during the checkout process!

Anyone know where else I can find a 1 month code?

I was able to buy a 1-month code on Gameflip after creating an account there, but I'm not a fan of how my order will stay Under Review until I upload photos of my face, Driver's License (both sides), mobile phone bill, and credit card used for the order. I kinda get the fraud-prevention aspect, but this is too intrusive for my liking.

#6394 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1153 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 03:37 PM

I was able to buy a 1-month code on Gameflip after creating an account there, but I'm not a fan of how my order will stay Under Review until I upload photos of my face, Driver's License (both sides), mobile phone bill, and credit card used for the order. I kinda get the fraud-prevention aspect, but this is too intrusive for my liking.

Wow- I thought you were joking, but another 1 month PS Now code became available and I purchased it, but they actually do require all of that to finalize my order! Absolutely ridiculous! I cancelled my order!

#6395 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 03:57 PM

Apparently you guys also missed the fine print where you agree to sign over your first born as well.

#6396 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7481 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 29 April 2022 - 04:33 PM

Apparently you guys also missed the fine print where you agree to sign over your first born as well.

For some that's not a bad thing.

#6397 Series M  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 04:36 PM

For some that's not a bad thing.

All the money you will save on diapers you can get a few more years of PS Now with.

#6398 beenaround  

beenaround

Posted 29 April 2022 - 05:34 PM

All the money you will save on diapers you can get a few more years of PS Now with.

As expensive as diapers are now it would be decades of ps now

#6399 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:38 PM

Wow- I thought you were joking, but another 1 month PS Now code became available and I purchased it, but they actually do require all of that to finalize my order! Absolutely ridiculous! I cancelled my order!

I never had to do any of that but things have probably changed since I made my account.

#6400 spoderman  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 07:41 PM

So a 1 month PS Now code redeemed at the start of June would do the trick?

Edit: Bought a 1 month code on GameFlip for $20.  Checked it and I’m able to redeem it.  I’ll save it until we’re close to launch.

Saving codes for later from GameFlip is a bad idea. You get a period of 3 days to confirm if the code is valid, after that you no longer have any support from them and the transaction is final. A lot of sellers on there sell codes that are a bit shady and will be used if you wait too long. GameFlip has great deals, but I always redeem codes immediately when buying from there

#6401 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:11 PM

Saving codes for later from GameFlip is a bad idea. You get a period of 3 days to confirm if the code is valid, after that you no longer have any support from them and the transaction is final. A lot of sellers on there sell codes that are a bit shady and will be used if you wait too long. GameFlip has great deals, but I always redeem codes immediately when buying from there

I agree, but it’s a $20 gamble to get my 5 years of plus converted to premium.  I can’t redeem it now because it would run out before the upgrade.  I would have got a 3 month code if there were any available.

#6402 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10193 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:29 PM

As we prepare to launch the new PlayStation Plus membership service, we are doing some work behind the scenes to make the transition as smooth as possible for all of our existing members.

Aka "we disabled stacking to keep you assholes from costing us future money because we were dumb and greedy enough to not have hard limits on subscription length".
Disingenuous pricks.

#6403 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10056 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2022 - 10:38 PM

NHL22 disc for PS5 on sale for $7.99 at Amazon

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#6404 ants718  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 01:49 AM

Hey guys. The Sony rewards app has 1 month playstation now codes. It costs 2k points for 1 month and I think 4.5k points for 3 months. I had only 900 but guess what. You can pay for points! 1 cent = 1 point. I think if you do some hoop jumping, they'll give you free points to get you started. It worked for me last night as I plugged in my 3 month in the ps app and it took. I'm a new subscriber to ps now btw. Also, when I checked out for the 3 month code, saw a message that I needed at least 500 points to purchase the code....

#6405 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5075 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 April 2022 - 03:06 AM

Hey guys. The Sony rewards app has 1 month playstation now codes. It costs 2k points for 1 month and I think 4.5k points for 3 months. I had only 900 but guess what. You can pay for points! 1 cent = 1 point. I think if you do some hoop jumping, they'll give you free points to get you started. It worked for me last night as I plugged in my 3 month in the ps app and it took. I'm a new subscriber to ps now btw. Also, when I checked out for the 3 month code, saw a message that I needed at least 500 points to purchase the code....

Just did the same thing. I only had like 300 points so it was kind of a pain in the ass to get over 500 but got there. Ended up ordering the 3 month because I was afraid I would either enter the 1 month at the wrong time, it would some how get redeemed or I'd forget to redeem it. $38 was a steal to get to the top tier.

How long did it take to get your code?
Edit: nevermind, just got it. Took a about 10 minutes.

#6406 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 04:06 AM

Thank you very much for mentioning this. I had 778 points, earned another 25 by watching a video, then paid the remainder for a 1-month PSNow code--I'll take the chance of waiting to redeem it for 15-16 days (the email with the code already arrived in my email) to lock in PS+ Premium through 2024.

#6407 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   6149 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 April 2022 - 04:57 AM

Just did the same thing. I only had like 300 points so it was kind of a pain in the ass to get over 500 but got there. Ended up ordering the 3 month because I was afraid I would either enter the 1 month at the wrong time, it would some how get redeemed or I'd forget to redeem it. $38 was a steal to get to the top tier.
How long did it take to get your code?
Edit: nevermind, just got it. Took a about 10 minutes.

What did you do to go from 300 to over 500? There aren't enough tasks there to give you points. Supposedly, you get 200 for linking your Sony Store and Movies Anywhere accounts, but I didn't get them. Customer service told me it might take 5 business days, but I'm not optimistic.

#6408 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5075 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 April 2022 - 05:27 AM

What did you do to go from 300 to over 500? There aren't enough tasks there to give you points. Supposedly, you get 200 for linking your Sony Store and Movies Anywhere accounts, but I didn't get them. Customer service told me it might take 5 business days, but I'm not optimistic.

There was an option to get 300 points by inviting 3 friends. I just created three new PSN accounts and sent the emails to those new accounts and got the points immediately once I linked them to Sony rewards. Kinds of a pain in the ass but it was the only option I had outside of movie stubs and registrations

Thank you very much for mentioning this. I had 778 points, earned another 25 by watching a video, then paid the remainder for a 1-month PSNow code--I'll take the chance of waiting to redeem it for 15-16 days (the email with the code already arrived in my email) to lock in PS+ Premium through 2024.

I'd probably wait a little longer to be safe. The thing I read said they were "targeting" a release date of June 13 for US, but that verbiage made me worried it might get delayed by a few days or a week.

#6409 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 30 April 2022 - 05:38 AM

NHL22 disc for PS5 on sale for $7.99 at Amazon

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Up to $9.99. Still less than when I almost pulled the trigger for $14.99 the other night, though.

#6410 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 05:58 AM

I'd probably wait a little longer to be safe. The thing I read said they were "targeting" a release date of June 13 for US, but that verbiage made me worried it might get delayed by a few days or a week.

Good point--I'll wait until 5/31.

#6411 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 30 April 2022 - 06:48 AM

I am still not sure I understand the conversion. Is it the same as Game Pass? I bought one year of PS NOW a couple of weeks ago but it was on my own account and not the one I game share with. My friend currently has at least 1 year of PS+ on his account. Is Sony converting all PS+ memberships to PS Now? When I bought the PS Now 1 year sub, I though that only PS Now subs would covert to the highest tier of the new PS+ in June but did that change? If I knew it would convert all current PS+ subs to the highest tier in June, I would have bought the PS Now sub through my friends account and not my own. Oh well.

#6412 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5075 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 April 2022 - 06:54 AM

If you have PS Now on your account you are converted to the highest tier and the length you are converted to that tier is for whichever subscription on your account is the longest. A lot of us have PS+ stacked for many years so just adding PS Now at any length will get the length of our PS+ subscription to the highest tier.

#6413 DrBayrd  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 10:22 AM

If you have PS Now on your account you are converted to the highest tier and the length you are converted to that tier is for whichever subscription on your account is the longest. A lot of us have PS+ stacked for many years so just adding PS Now at any length will get the length of our PS+ subscription to the highest tier.

So I don’t have a ps now subscription but I have ps+ for at least 2 more years. I also have a ps now 1 month voucher code that is unused. Should I redeem this 30 days before June 13th when the new ps tiers are released? To convert my ps+ to ps premium?
I’m also trying to get the ps now 3 month code from sony rewards and redeem that asap.

#6414 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 11:22 AM

So I don’t have a ps now subscription but I have ps+ for at least 2 more years. I also have a ps now 1 month voucher code that is unused. Should I redeem this 30 days before June 13th when the new ps tiers are released? To convert my ps+ to ps premium?
I’m also trying to get the ps now 3 month code from sony rewards and redeem that asap.

Yes. But maybe redeem it a little closer to June 13 in case they don't meet that target date for the rollout (their language makes it seem like it's not a definite date).

#6415 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 30 April 2022 - 01:01 PM

Kinda grumpy I ended up using my 1 month ps now code that came with my Costco PS5 on uploading my avengers save without redownloading it last year. Oh well.

#6416 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1914 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 02:03 PM

Thanks to all the above posters this page.  

Bought a 3 month PS NOW (just to be safe if the transition is delayed) for 36.69

Now I'll have top tier to Jan 2026

#6417 PapaTrees   Sinner Sinner Chicken Dinner CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

PapaTrees

Posted 30 April 2022 - 02:24 PM

Where did you get a 3 month code?

Bought a 3 month PS NOW (just to be safe if the transition is delayed) for 36.69

#6418 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5075 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 April 2022 - 02:25 PM

I'm good until December 2025. Hopefully there's no delays and it all goes smoothly for everyone.

#6419 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1914 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 02:25 PM

Where did you get a 3 month code?

Sony Rewards

$45 for 3 months but I had some points to spend

#6420 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1914 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2022 - 02:28 PM

I didn't even care about subscribing to the top tier but everyone seemed really interested in doing it so I'll waste a little money now and try it out.