* * * * - 13 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#8161 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72651 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 September 2022 - 12:11 AM

#8162 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1356 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2022 - 06:18 AM

PSVR2 not being backward compatible has, for the moment, completely destroyed my interest in it.

#8163 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 22 September 2022 - 08:37 AM

It is pretty weird that they have a "PS+ Trials" section, but that a whole bunch of the demos aren't listed there. We could use some kind of wiki to keep track of what all the games are which have PS+ trials.

It's really odd when they dont show up on the ps5 store at all and you have to use the phone app to download the demos like wtf. Both Wu long and now star ocean was said to have demo released but don't show unless you use phone app.

#8164 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 22 September 2022 - 02:32 PM

PSVR2 not being backward compatible has, for the moment, completely destroyed my interest in it.

Yeah, it's really bothering me too. Luckily, there are devs that are working to make their games backwards compatible but the fact that it's not a universal thing is such a terrible decision from Sony.

#8165 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 22 September 2022 - 04:28 PM

I think it makes sense though.  If the newer version has more tracking capabilities might be hard to make that work with games that didn't?  Again, I do not understand the tech so what do I know...but other than the occasional PS4 game, I pretty much play PS5 only now.  (and only reason play "older" games on  Steam Deck is due to massive backlog..and yes have the X and switch)

Honestly, the only 2 "old" games I want to play are PAIN and Split/Second...but I am old and might be misremebering the fun of those.

#8166 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72651 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 September 2022 - 05:46 PM

#8167 steveomac1015   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

steveomac1015

Posted 22 September 2022 - 07:06 PM

I know a place called that in Denville, New Jersey. Is that the place your talking about?
I hate that place.

Yep that is the one. I only used them once and it was a positive experience.

#8168 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72651 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 September 2022 - 08:02 PM

For the dozens of PS3 owners here:

#8169 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2022 - 09:46 PM

For the dozens of PS3 owners here:

https://twitter.com/...018283162337284

Listen to me as I listen to you. Strange little world we live in

#8170 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20511 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2022 - 12:11 AM

So this is the last PS3 release?

#8171 rpgaymer  

Posted 23 September 2022 - 12:19 AM

Shakedown Hawaii was also the last Wii U physical release right? Funny. These guys should just release that game as every console's last release until the end of time.

#8172 yourmomsnewboyfriend   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

yourmomsnewboyfriend

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:25 AM

i guess im the only one still playing ncaa football 14 on ps3?

You are. I did that about a year ago, got a ps3, got ncaa 14 and all that game reminded me of was how dated it was. Lagging controls and menus be damned. I sold it all and agreed to wait and am now happy something is being done.

#8173 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1936 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2022 - 02:25 PM

Yep that is the one. I only used them once and it was a positive experience.

My wife brought my phat PS3 there.  Took forwever and cost a lot ($200-250 maybe more) to fix.  Died again on day 91 (just out of warranty) and the entire motherboard was warped and completely unrepairable.

My wife brought a PS3 controller there that just had a sticky R2 trigger.  Cost $35 or more to fix.  Same trigger broke on day 31 (just out of warranty).

I feel like they just stick a solid 24K gold band aid on the problem.

LaptopMD in Morristown is excellent in my opinion and seems very honest for repairs (I never used them for PS but they fixed phone, tablet and Switch).  They even told me to not repair some things when the price of a new one was not much more than a repair.

Enough NJ talk from me that won't interest anyone else.

#8174 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   806 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 23 September 2022 - 02:45 PM

New Ps3 games? I think I just blue myself!

#8175 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12423 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 23 September 2022 - 04:09 PM

For anyone not following the CE thread, the Horizon:  Forbidden West CE is on sale for $99.99:

Best Buy (props to blueweltall):
https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6479464

GameStop (props to Cloudx9):
https://www.gamestop...n-5/309487.html

If you're lucky you might find one in stock locally.  Bear in mind that this comes with a code for the game and no disc.

#8176 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8282 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 23 September 2022 - 04:24 PM

I have two free DLC codes if you need them. PM me if you need them.

- Spider-man Miles Morales (TRACK Suit, Into the Spider-Verse Suit, and 3 extra skill points gravity well gadget)

- Assassin's Creed Valhalla (The Way of the Berserker Bonus Mision)

#8177 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72651 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:06 PM

The update for Toem that adds a new island to the game with more content to play is out now and adds 11 new trophies to the game.

#8178 FamedGuardian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2376 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

FamedGuardian

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:48 PM

The update for Toem that adds a new island to the game with more content to play is out now and adds 11 new trophies to the game.

I just got the platinum today lol so I’ll have to knock out this DLC as well.

#8179 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72651 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 September 2022 - 09:45 PM

#8180 knothead65  

Posted 26 September 2022 - 06:06 AM

#8181 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72651 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 September 2022 - 02:39 PM

#8182 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   2024 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:51 PM

What would you all recommend if I want to pick up a PS4 Pro right now?

I thought I heard a rumour that Sony was adding PS4 Pro production capacity due to not being able to serve PS5 demand, but new units still seem out of the question.

I am okay with used. Prices on Amazon look to be in the low $300 range. Ebay looks from $50-$100 cheaper or about the same with games included. There are even some special editions, though not clear on how collectible any of it is so probably not an "investment" outside of whether I think it looks cool.

Is Ebay okay these days? I've bought car parts from it, but thats about it in the last 5+ years.

Any recommendations for other places to look? I checked the trade forums, but didn't see anything that recent.

#8183 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 19.4 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:05 PM

I thought I heard a rumour that Sony was adding PS4 Pro production capacity due to not being able to serve PS5 demand, but new units still seem out of the question.

I am okay with used. Prices on Amazon look to be in the low $300 range. Ebay looks from $50-$100 cheaper or about the same with games included. There are even some special editions, though not clear on how collectible any of it is so probably not an "investment" outside of whether I think it looks cool.

Is Ebay okay these days? I've bought car parts from it, but thats about it in the last 5+ years.

Any recommendations for other places to look? I checked the trade forums, but didn't see anything that recent.

If you aren't looking to hack, the money is probably better spent going toward a PS5 if you can afford it.  Quite a few PS4 games come included if you are a PS+ member ("The Playstation Plus Collection").  If you just want the PS4 then eBay is pretty safe as a buyer.  Other options are a few subreddits like r/gamesale or r/gameswap or GameTZ (although the site is nearly dead).

#8184 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10210 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:07 PM

I'd buy from an adult, responsible collector on Craigslist or possibly Ebay.  Someone that takes photos, has the complete box, and obviously takes good care of their collection. 

Generally speaking, buying used consoles is a bad idea.  I would never buy any used systems or accessories from Gamestop.  I honestly can't believe that people do this.  Just about the only time I sell console stuff there is when it's broken or one direction / button doesn't work properly on the controller.   They will take whatever.  Amazon also has no idea what they're doing and you could receive anything in the mail. 

If the price starts approaching anything north of '$300 in like new condition' then you should be looking at a new PS5 disc console instead.  It will play PS4 discs. 

#8185 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:14 PM

Offer Up is another option to buy a PS4.

#8186 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4551 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:26 PM

Buy a PS5.  Easy to get.  Don't waste time on a PS4 Pro.

#8187 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10210 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:38 PM

TSMC-chip-shortage.gif

#8188 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7807 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:53 PM

Definitely don't know where you heard that rumor at but it has no substance as they long since stopped production on ps4 pros annoyingly. 

There was a announcement from them months ago that they'd produce a bunch of ps4 slims for a final run this year since they were still in demand and oos at almost all stores (best buy was the only one that had any back in january-march and it was ymmv and in store pick up only) but I don't know if that got cancelled or delayed or what since I don't recall seeing an influx of them anywhere. I can't imagine that the entire stock got bought up by scalpers either.  Getting a ps4 pro at this point will cost you about as much as a ps5 so you might be better off just going that route. 

Now if you were looking for a regular slim that'd be more doable if you wanted used for sub 200 or new for around 300-350. But yeah At that point you might as well get a ps5 if you can.  Though it is worth noting that not all ps4 titles are compatible with the ps5 and some have errors, new bugs, run worse than on ps4 hardware. 

#8189 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11347 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2022 - 06:19 PM

All I know is the PS5 backwards compatiblity for the PS4 is generally pretty good for what I tried. You can use PS4 controllers too, so it's not loss. I gave my OG PS4 to my sis when I got my PS5, but yeah the PS4 Pro is alright, but if it's scarce I also do recommend the disk PS5. I'm also not one for used systems or controllers unless they're quite a bit cheaper.

#8190 elessar123  

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:51 PM

I traded my PS4 Pro in after playing everything on my PS5. There's no reason to go back unless you want one of like the two games that don't work on PS5.