* * * * - 13 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#8221 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4512 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2022 - 12:43 AM

It’s $10 to upgrade to 60fps on ps5. Not sure what else is in the upgrade. I passed on it because I felt a bit mislead by their announcements.
If you upgrade, let me know if there is anything else!

Gonna hold off for a drop on the PS5 version.  Fuck paying $29.99 for that shit lol

#8222 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72509 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 September 2022 - 01:01 PM

#8223 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2022 - 03:04 PM

Gonna hold off for a drop on the PS5 version. Fuck paying $29.99 for that shit lol

I’m with you. Ps5 upgrade seemed like a no-brainer given the pile of crap the ps4 launched with.

#8224 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 29 September 2022 - 04:27 PM

What are 3 games I already own?

#8225 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9101 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2022 - 02:13 AM

They didn't waste any time shutting down the online features in Everybody's Golf just now. 

I think that it's 9/30/22 in Japan, and I was in the middle of a daily Open Course game when the game logged me out.

Oh well.  Easy come, easy go.  :cry:

#8226 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 30 September 2022 - 02:11 PM

They didn't waste any time shutting down the online features in Everybody's Golf just now. 

I think that it's 9/30/22 in Japan, and I was in the middle of a daily Open Course game when the game logged me out.

Oh well.  Easy come, easy go.  :cry:

Well there is this... https://www.gematsu....golf-for-switch

Everybody’s Golf and Clap Hanz Golf developer Clap Hanz has announced and released golf game Easy Come Easy Golf 

#8227 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   1694 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2022 - 03:49 PM

Well there is this... https://www.gematsu....golf-for-switch

Everybody’s Golf and Clap Hanz Golf developer Clap Hanz has announced and released golf game Easy Come Easy Golf 

I thought that was why he ended his post with "easy come, easy go." I'd pick up that game, but I don't think I'd like the way you apparently have to use several characters in each round of golf. I prefer to play with one custom character and build up their stats. 

#8228 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 30 September 2022 - 04:36 PM

I thought that was why he ended his post with "easy come, easy go." I'd pick up that game, but I don't think I'd like the way you apparently have to use several characters in each round of golf. I prefer to play with one custom character and build up their stats. 

Yeah that's the name they use on the Apple Arcade site and didn't know if intentional or not.  Then saw it also called ClapHanz and then stumbled on the Nintendo Switch one.

And yes it's different with golfers per hole, but I already purchased it.  Have not been disappointed in any of their releases sine Hot Shots Golf (and yes even had the Vita version).

#8229 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9101 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2022 - 01:04 AM

I'm not that clever, but I appreciate the thought that I might be.  I had been playing Everybody's Golf open courses daily for the last month.  I earned over 150,000 coins from doing this, but it's a grind-fest if you bother with the single player game since the most you can earn during a single-player tournament round is 400 coins.  I had also earned nearly 300 gems to upgrade my clubs.  So, I actually am going to miss the game's online features.

#8230 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9101 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2022 - 06:24 PM

Need For Speed: Heat Deluxe Edition is on sale for $3.99 along with Need For Speed: Most Wanted remake on PSN.

I already "own" the PlayStation Plus version of Heat, but I am considering buying the Deluxe edition if I like it. 

If I download the Plus version and then buy the Deluxe edition, will I have to re-download the game?

#8231 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2022 - 06:31 PM

Started up Horizon Zero Dawn to do the Frozen Wilds dlc that I never got around to playing because it came out after I had already platinumed the base game. Turns out I don’t remember how to play, pretty much at all. This is why I like playing games straight through.

#8232 kuroi_kenshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

kuroi_kenshi

Posted 01 October 2022 - 08:37 PM

Major content DLC is a tough thing to get right.  Too close to launch and it looks like it was withheld from the main game.  Too far away from launch and everyone's already moved on from the game.  Either way it just shows that it's better to wait 6 months to a year to play a game if it has no major online component.

#8233 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2022 - 08:42 PM

The only way DLC is worthwhile to me is when it feels like it's adding something that the main game didn't have AND the main game's gameplay formula still has more life left in it to explore.

DLC for Team Ninja's games is usually great because they add new mechanics and make old ones more consequential. Fallout 3's DLCs were great, with the level cap increases, new perks, and continuation of the main story.

By contrast even if Elden Ring adds DLC I'm not sure if I'll play it. It'll just feel like there's a new area in the game that I didn't explore before. That's how their DLC has always felt. More of the same when the game was already huge.

Cyberpunk 2077 is one game I'm looking for to the DLC for--I hope it adds significant new mechanics and not just a story, but it's a great example of "gameplay that still has more life." I finished it but didn't even get halfway to level cap and didn't mess with a lot of mechanics. Plus they could easily increase the level cap.

#8234 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13892 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:35 PM

Started up Horizon Zero Dawn to do the Frozen Wilds dlc that I never got around to playing because it came out after I had already platinumed the base game. Turns out I don’t remember how to play, pretty much at all. This is why I like playing games straight through.

I did this exact thing and it was rough to get through but you get it back eventually. Couldn't remember anything about what all the random elements and stats and debuffs and stuff were supposed to do

#8235 eternalblue81   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

eternalblue81

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:56 PM

Earlier this year I went back to Zero Dawn to platinum it and play through Frozen Wilds which I didn't play at the time before Forbidden West came out and went through the same thing. Actually started a new game plus just to familiarize myself with the controls again, then went back to my old save to finish the platinum and play Frozen Wilds.

I also recently went back to try to finish the Spider-Man dlc after not having played it since 2018. My latest save was of course right at the start of a screwball challenge, too. Exited out of that when it was clear I didn't remember enough controls to get anywhere in it and was soon killed by random guys in the first minor crime I came across as a I tried to reacclimate to the controls. Couldn't even remember how to traverse.

#8236 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7733 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 October 2022 - 10:05 PM

Kinguin a European website has $75 psn for $61 after conversion rates with promo code psn23.

#8237 entexman  

entexman

Posted 01 October 2022 - 10:16 PM

Need For Speed: Heat Deluxe Edition is on sale for $3.99 along with Need For Speed: Most Wanted remake on PSN.

I already "own" the PlayStation Plus version of Heat, but I am considering buying the Deluxe edition if I like it. 

If I download the Plus version and then buy the Deluxe edition, will I have to re-download the game?

What need for speed most wanted remake are you talking about? I can't seem to find that on PSN.

I don't know that the Need for Speed Heat Deluxe edition is worth it unless you are planning to let your PS+ expire soon. I was tempted to pick it up too to add the full game to my library since I am debating about renewing my PS+ essentials later this year. 

#8238 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   678 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2022 - 10:50 PM

I did this exact thing and it was rough to get through but you get it back eventually. Couldn't remember anything about what all the random elements and stats and debuffs and stuff were supposed to do

Earlier this year I went back to Zero Dawn to platinum it and play through Frozen Wilds which I didn't play at the time before Forbidden West came out and went through the same thing. Actually started a new game plus just to familiarize myself with the controls again, then went back to my old save to finish the platinum and play Frozen Wilds.

I had the same exact problem when attempting to play the DLC multiple times over the years. I finally forced myself to re-learn everything with a night or two of just messing around. Great game, but the inventory system is kind of a mess.

#8239 GamerSavage   Stay Chill CAGiversary!   1952 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 01 October 2022 - 11:36 PM

What need for speed most wanted remake are you talking about? I can't seem to find that on PSN.

I don't know that the Need for Speed Heat Deluxe edition is worth it unless you are planning to let your PS+ expire soon. I was tempted to pick it up too to add the full game to my library since I am debating about renewing my PS+ essentials later this year.

I think he’s referring to Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered which is on sale for $3.99.

#8240 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9101 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2022 - 12:13 AM

Sorry, Need For Speed Heat: Deluxe Edition is here, and it's $3.49.  The vanilla version is free with PlayStation Plus.

https://store.playst...ELUXEEDITION000

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is here, and it's $3.99.  I assume it's complete since I could not find any DLC to buy for it.

https://store.playst...EEDFORSPEEDHPR0

Too damn many Need For Speeds.  I'm not good with all the names, but if someone could answer my question about whether my progress from the Plus version of vanilla Heat will transfer into the Deluxe edition, that would be great.

#8241 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2022 - 02:11 AM

Kinguin a European website has $75 psn for $61 after conversion rates with promo code psn23.

I bought a couple of them yesterday.  Came out to $59.95 each after fees.  Both codes worked no problem.

#8242 entexman  

entexman

Posted 02 October 2022 - 10:56 AM

Sorry, Need For Speed Heat: Deluxe Edition is here, and it's $3.49.  The vanilla version is free with PlayStation Plus.

https://store.playst...ELUXEEDITION000

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is here, and it's $3.99.  I assume it's complete since I could not find any DLC to buy for it.

https://store.playst...EEDFORSPEEDHPR0

Too damn many Need For Speeds.  I'm not good with all the names, but if someone could answer my question about whether my progress from the Plus version of vanilla Heat will transfer into the Deluxe edition, that would be great.

There are too many need for speeds. Hot pursuit is one of my favorites from last gen and I would love a remastered version of that.

I don't know the answer to your question. I would think progress would carry over since the deluxe edition  only seems to add some cars and skins which is why I feel it is not worth purchasing unless you want to "own" the base game.

#8243 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 02 October 2022 - 02:17 PM

AF619932-AF7A-4EC6-8E41-76AE56C074D8.jpeg

#8244 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1571 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:42 PM

Picante sauce? No thanks, I need chunky salsa.

#8245 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2022 - 05:38 PM

I agree with others regarding the DLC issues. I like waiting for the complete editions with DLC to go on sale. I did this with The Outer Worlds and Horizon Zero Dawn and AC Odyssey. It can sometimes get annoying though if I am not enjoying the game enough to immediately slog through the DLC but I do end up powering through it because I know I will forget the controls/story if I delay. 

Sidenote, are the Dragon Age Inquision and AC Origins DLC worth going back to play? I have heard they add to the main story but I have mentally moved on to other things.

#8246 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24974 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2022 - 07:57 PM

This is so hard with games that get post-game content later on. I played and beat Horizon ZD within months of it's release. By the time I platinum'd it, relative to my general skill at games and the difficulty I play at (medium, I play for some challenge- not good enough/have time for Souls-level games), I felt like the game was a natural at the game- rarely got hit, rarely missed shots, etc. When I picked up Frozen Wilds in 2020, I struggled hard- even the first few enemies almost killed me. And that one boss with the two fire apes (whatever they're called) took like 4-5 tries before I beat them.  

#8247 FamedGuardian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

FamedGuardian

Posted 02 October 2022 - 08:44 PM

Speaking of HZD…not sure a remaster/remake is necessary. There was a 60fps patch that did wonders for the game.

#8248 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8207 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 02 October 2022 - 09:03 PM

If it is true, they are probably trying to capture more audience once the Netflix TV show is released.

#8249 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72509 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 October 2022 - 10:58 PM

Just got back into God of War after a long break to beat it before Ragnarok came out, which took a bit to get reacquainted with how the game played. No real issues. Did the same thing with Horizon Zero Dawn before Forbidden West and it wasn't a big deal there either. Just had to explore around a bit and get used to it to beat the game. I could see it being tougher for games with no direction to them, but there aren't many of those these days. Old games from the PS2 generation and before are the hardest to return to for me.

#8250 FamedGuardian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

FamedGuardian

Posted 02 October 2022 - 11:22 PM

The only game recently that I struggled to get reacquainted with was Spider-Man because of the different move sequences. Ended up just doing a new play through since I had not previously played the remaster.