* * * * - 10 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#931 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 April 2021 - 01:33 AM

Of course I went to check out Oddworld Soulstorm for nostalgia purposes and of course it's a PS5 exclusive! Geez! Like really they couldn't make a 2D game playable on PS4?

It's on the PS4.

https://store.playst...WSOULSTORM00001

#932 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 01:46 AM

FYI the Resident Evil Village demo is playable now (until 4 am EST).

#933 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15743 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:47 AM

I've looked around the internet and don't see any recent (or useful) information.  Is there any way to take a PS4 soundtrack and copy it to USB for play outside of the PS4?  Specifically I'm talking about Infamous:  Second Son.  Since it plays in its own app I doubt I can copy it, but if I can I'd like to.

You can copy it with Limewire. 8-)

#934 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15743 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:56 AM

FYI the Resident Evil Village demo is playable now (until 4 am EST).

Not really a demo then; must be some sort of stress test? But for what. . . :dunce:

#935 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:12 AM

Not really a demo then; must be some sort of stress test? But for what. . . :dunce:

It is a demo. Just Capcom has some weird schedule for accessing it. Probably to drum up hype over an extended period of time. Times are in this story.

https://www.pushsqua...es-you-can-play

#936 entexman  

entexman

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:32 AM

That price is soso for 5tb. I got a 10tb one for that price from best buy last year iirc. which I use for my ps4. works great so far. No complaints only filled 4 tb on it since good sales have died and outside of plus stuff or the occasional freebies I haven't put much on it since. Thinking about taking it off the ps4 and using it for the gamepass stuff instead.

Of course this only matters to us digital hoarders.

I thought the PS4 had an 8TB limit for external HDD?

#937 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6554 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:19 PM

according to google yes. No idea how it's working unless it's not using 2tb or I'm mistaken and it's only 8tb and not 10tb.

#938 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4090 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 09:06 PM

8TB is the max with only 1 external HD being accessible at a time.

I have two 8TB externals hooked up to my Pro currently with the alphabet split between each.  I have every game downloaded so all I need to do is transfer it to my 2TB internal SSD.  But with my PS5, I never use the Pro anymore lol.

#939 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4497 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:13 PM

How do I know what PS3 games I own are PS+, and which I actually own?

#940 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:20 PM

Prayer.

#941 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6234 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:51 PM

Not as blown away by the RE8 demo as I had hoped. Seems like they’re taking a page out of Bloodborne’s playbook, but the art and designs aren’t nearly as interesting. The AI for enemies seems questionable and the shooting mechanic felt pretty bad.

Overall it definitely feels more like an extension of RE7 than an evolution. I already have it preordered and wouldn’t say it’s bad, but I was hoping the new console generation might push the envelope for what might be possible. I’m also really sick of narratives where a character is searching for a lost wife or daughter. And this is the same dude who lost his gf/wife, who is now searching for his daughter. Can we ever just have a character go somewhere who isn’t searching for someone ... and constantly laments about it every 5 minutes. Also, I hate games that introduce characters and then kill them off after 1/2 an hour ... seems like the Resident Evil series has always been kind of guilty of this, but it eventually gets to a point where you meet someone and immediately think “oh look, more grist for the mill.”

Maybe the castle section will blow me away next week, who knows ...

#942 bilbobagins3  

bilbobagins3

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:02 PM

If you happened to ever let your PS+ expire, then the date you renewed it will reissue all your PS+ purchases on that date. So they will all show as purchased in your download list on that date. The only other way I know of checking is to have the game downloaded, click triangle, go to info and see if the game says it will expire. If it has an expiration date it’s obviously a PS+.

#943 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:11 PM

Speaking of PS Plus games on PS4.

How can you purchase a previous PS Plus game when they have a great sale price? When I am on the Sony PC store or PS 4 store it shows that I already purchased it (But as a PS Plus title).

Driving me nuts as Xbox gives you a choice to buy the game if you currently own it as part of Gold or Gamepass.

#944 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   488 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:25 PM

On ps3 and vita the purchase date for all ps plus games will update to whatever the date was that you last entered a code for plus. i.e. if you entered a code on 4/15/2021 all of your plus titles will update the expiration date and show as being "purchased" that day. They should all be in one block of you download list.

#945 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:57 PM

Looking for some help... I dug my old 80gb fat out of storage and hooked it up in my game room to a Vizio 4K tv. I have attempted to play a few games off disc and they all suffer the same jagged spikes shooting out of images. I had my 320gb slim hooked up to the same tv without issues. I’ve swapped inputs, cables, etc. no change. Anyone experience anything like this? Is the optical drive going out?

#946 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1868 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 12:34 AM

Looking for some help... I dug my old 80gb fat out of storage and hooked it up in my game room to a Vizio 4K tv. I have attempted to play a few games off disc and they all suffer the same jagged spikes shooting out of images. I had my 320gb slim hooked up to the same tv without issues. I’ve swapped inputs, cables, etc. no change. Anyone experience anything like this? Is the optical drive going out?

I hate to say it & someone correct me if I'm wrong but off the top of my head that sounds like a gpu failure.  Do you have a digital only game you could run & see if it has the same issues?  If it does then it would help to narrow it down a little.  If it doesn't then it's probably the optical drive.  If it does then it could be the gpu, maybe hardrive issues or the ram.  I'm not a expert so I just be guessing.

#947 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4497 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 02:31 AM

Speaking of PS Plus games on PS4.

How can you purchase a previous PS Plus game when they have a great sale price? When I am on the Sony PC store or PS 4 store it shows that I already purchased it (But as a PS Plus title).

Driving me nuts as Xbox gives you a choice to buy the game if you currently own it as part of Gold or Gamepass.

Many games allow you to buy them now, but not all

Just go to the game's store page on your PS4 and it'll offer you the chance to purchase.

It worked for Broforce,DeadNation, Infamous Last Light,  and a few others I loved but not Outlast.

#948 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 19 April 2021 - 02:42 AM

Just go to the game's store page on your PS4 and it'll offer you the chance to purchase.

It worked for Broforce,DeadNation, Infamous Last Light,  and a few others I loved but not Outlast.

Thanks as I will see what works and not works on the PS4 store.

#949 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:16 AM

I hate to say it & someone correct me if I'm wrong but off the top of my head that sounds like a gpu failure. Do you have a digital only game you could run & see if it has the same issues? If it does then it would help to narrow it down a little. If it doesn't then it's probably the optical drive. If it does then it could be the gpu, maybe hardrive issues or the ram. I'm not a expert so I just be guessing.

Thanks. I’ll try out some digital titles tomorrow to see. Hopefully it’s just the optical drive and I’ll just designate it as a digital only ps3. I’ll post back with updated info.

#950 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4497 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:41 AM

Thanks as I will see what works and not works on the PS4 store.

Good luck man!

#951 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   923 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:19 AM

It worked for Broforce,DeadNation, Infamous Last Light, and a few others I loved but not Outlast.

Not Amplitude either, sadly. That was one of the first ones I checked when that feature rolled out.

#952 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:26 AM

If you want an 8TB external HDD, BB has one on sale for $127.99

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6425302

#953 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2989 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 03:48 PM

Why does the PS5 only allow 1 external HDD at a time? Very annoying not to be able to use both at once!

It's lazy Sony. PS4 was the same way. PS3 never supported external drives for storing games. Microsoft, meanwhile, has allowed two or three USB drives connected simultaneously since 2015 on 360 and XB1!

#954 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4232 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:02 PM

well at least the ps3 / ps vita store isn't closing this year

#955 CrepeNuts  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:04 PM

I’m glad that the stores aren’t closing, but man is Jim Ryan really off-putting.

https://blog.playsta...nue-operations/

#956 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3832 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:30 PM

I’m glad that the stores aren’t closing, but man is Jim Ryan really off-putting.

Since I was waiting closer to the store closure dates before I bought anything, it would be nice if they could enable the ability to put some of these legacy games on sale again. Just a thought.

#957 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13833 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:43 PM

We did it, reddit!!!!!

#958 Timbobway  

Timbobway

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:47 PM

All those people who spent hundreds of dollars on full priced games all for nothing.  This Ryan guy made Sony a lot of money by threatening to close the stores and now reversing the decision.  A very smart business move, causing panic among the dumb people. I did just buy a $25 psn card today for Siren Blood Curse but I will just hold on to it now.  They really need to bring back the sales again.

#959 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1725 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:00 PM

All those people who spent hundreds of dollars on full priced games all for nothing.  This Ryan guy made Sony a lot of money by threatening to close the stores and now reversing the decision.  A very smart business move, causing panic among the dumb people. I did just buy a $25 psn card today for Siren Blood Curse but I will just hold on to it now.  They really need to bring back the sales again.

Makes me glad I didn't trade a bunch of games at Gamestop to get some PS bucks and panic buy. I'll just wait and hope for some price drops or sales.

#960 SHADOW-X21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

SHADOW-X21

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:09 PM

Sounds like good news except Sony needs to address one of the major problems of certain games no longer having updates/patches available to be required to download as this was said about the PS3 games in the last few weeks ago before this recent news/announcement.