* * * - - 8 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#1381 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:21 PM

I’m sure this has been asked before but are the Ghost Recon games any good in single player?

#1382 Photophonic  

Photophonic

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:49 PM

Wildlands was a blast due to the amount of freedom it offered you. It gets rather repetitive the longer it goes on and the DLC is pointless. That aside if you can get it on a deep sale, then I'd say jump on it. 

#1383 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:08 PM

I’m sure this has been asked before but are the Ghost Recon games any good in single player?

Wildlands was great. Breakpoint has also come a long way after all the updates and is worth a look.

#1384 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:01 PM

Extended play sale starts today.

https://blog.playsta...ystation-store/

I see the list of sales and at the top is:

• 1 Blue Orb
  • 100,000 Red Orbs
  • 2 Blue Orbs
  • 5 Blue Orbs

and my first thought was those are some weird names for games.

#1385 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3783 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:33 PM

I hate it when DLC titles don't provide context to which game they're for.

#1386 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1641 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:37 PM

Finally grabbed Life is Strange: Before The Storm - Deluxe Edition.  Need to finish it before True Colors comes out.

#1387 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71057 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:52 PM

#1388 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71057 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 May 2021 - 05:33 PM

Extended Play Sale ends 5/27: https://store.playst...-140990eeabda/1
Games Under $15 Sale ends 5/27: https://store.playst...-4e27c60f0bcc/1
Little Nightmares II Deal of the Week ends 5/19: https://store.playst...-3d02ae20c896/1

Combined sale list (missing most of the DLC and some of the games): https://platprices.c...1-united-states

#1389 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:45 PM

Does anyone have an opinion on the ps5 upgrade for tony hawk? Do upgrades ever go on sale?

#1390 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1641 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:55 PM

Does anyone have an opinion on the ps5 upgrade for tony hawk? Do upgrades ever go on sale?

I'd be surprised if upgrades went on sale.  I was looking at Life is Strange: Before the Storm and it has some "upgrades" which are full price while the base game or other versions of the game are on sale.

I picked up Tony Hawk on PS4 just yesterday via GameFly for $19.99 + shipping + 10% off code.  Felt that and the $10 PS5 upgrade was worth the price of admission.  I mean it's possible that it eventually becomes free, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

#1391 steveomac1015   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

steveomac1015

Posted 13 May 2021 - 12:49 AM

If you have a TV that can do 120 Hz, the 1080p/120 hz mode is super smooth. I mean like crazy smooth. It looks and plays beautifully on my LG CX.

#1392 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:17 AM

If you have a TV that can do 120 Hz, the 1080p/120 hz mode is super smooth. I mean like crazy smooth. It looks and plays beautifully on my LG CX.

LG all day

#1393 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24061 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:20 AM

Unrelated but has anyone recently had their PSN account locked? I haven't turned on my PS4 for a while nor logged into the PS store since last month to claim PS Plus games but I tried to log in just now and it said my account was locked. 

I don't have any emails or anything regarding my account being accessed or anything. 

#1394 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:29 AM

I see the list of sales and at the top is:

• 1 Blue Orb
  • 100,000 Red Orbs
  • 2 Blue Orbs
  • 5 Blue Orbs

and my first thought was those are some weird names for games.

You should play 1 Blue Orb before 5 Blue Orbs, but 2 Blue Orbs is skippable IMO.

#1395 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:54 AM

Unrelated but has anyone recently had their PSN account locked? I haven't turned on my PS4 for a while nor logged into the PS store since last month to claim PS Plus games but I tried to log in just now and it said my account was locked.

I don't have any emails or anything regarding my account being accessed or anything.

My good buddy’s friend had that happen. Took many tries to get it unlocked. It’s a tough process.

#1396 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6758 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 03:24 AM

Happened to me last week. Then I forgot the new password and I've been waiting two days for a password reset email from Sony. I remembered the new password since, thankfully. Not sure what would have caused it outside of someone trying to brute force their way into my account. Like you, no email from Sony. Just a notice when I tried to log in to the PS App.

#1397 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24061 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 04:01 AM

Happened to me last week. Then I forgot the new password and I've been waiting two days for a password reset email from Sony. I remembered the new password since, thankfully. Not sure what would have caused it outside of someone trying to brute force their way into my account. Like you, no email from Sony. Just a notice when I tried to log in to the PS App.

Yeah, mine just kept sending me password reset emails as soon as I tried to log in- I guess I gotta change my password. Sucks, it was a good password too, that I actually remembered. 

#1398 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11573 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 May 2021 - 04:14 AM

I recommend using a password management software that lets you keep your password database offline (not on their servers) and turning on two-factor authentication.

#1399 knothead65  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvLK66CFRH4

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

#1400 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:38 PM

I was planning to pick up a second DualSense when they announced a black version, but that red one is too sweet looking to pass up. Preordered!

#1401 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3707 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:07 PM

Finally grabbed Life is Strange: Before The Storm - Deluxe Edition.  Need to finish it before True Colors comes out.

Be ready to cry!  If my story below doesn't make you cry (it won't), Before the Storm will.  

This isn't helpful, and it was back in like 2012... ancient history for some of you young bucks...  But this was the dark ages of PSN, and due to a Gawker Media breach, and due to me using the same PW for everything, my account was hacked.  Sony were absolute assholes, blaming me, implying I was lying, implying I was the criminal.  Complete fucking jerks.  Sony USA obviously.  So, I reported them to the Better Business Bureau, which is kind of a sham organization, but that got results.  I got a call personally from some higher-up.  But still, he implied I was at fault, did not accept liability, just wanted to end my attack, and he offered to take the $20 I still had on my account and call it even.  Huh?  Call it fucking even by taking MY money?

I've been an incredible customer over the years since I got my account back.  And who can I even complain to about it now?  Nobody.  But what a bunch of fucking asshats.  I suppose none of those people are even there anymore.  I hope not.

#1402 PoorBamaGamer  

PoorBamaGamer

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:32 PM

I’m in the market for the Nioh 2 Season Pass and it’s in the Extended Play Sale but not discounted. Weird.

#1403 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:47 PM

I was planning to pick up a second DualSense when they announced a black version, but that red one is too sweet looking to pass up. Preordered!

It does look sweet. I'm a little disappointed they aren't leading with a blue, though. It seems like blue is the accent color for the console (no surprise), so I thought that was a pretty natural match for first color release.

#1404 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:51 PM

Don’t be surprised if Sony introduces black plates to match. If they don’t it’s like they are throwing away money lol

#1405 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:54 PM

Mine wasn't locked, but about a month ago, it outright went to password reset when I tried to login.  No notice like everyone else mentioned, but I figured it was just because the password was too old or something.  Like the places I've worked, they constantly have you change password every 3 months so I thought it was something similar to that. 

#1406 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24061 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:57 PM

Mine wasn't locked, but about a month ago, it outright went to password reset when I tried to login.  No notice like everyone else mentioned, but I figured it was just because the password was too old or something.  Like the places I've worked, they constantly have you change password every 3 months so I thought it was something similar to that. 

Hm... maybe that's it for me too. I've had this same password since I had to change it after their major hack back in 2011 or whatever. 

#1407 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10556 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 03:42 PM

Finally beat Returnal, though will work towards more maybe a bit later. Took me a bit over 2 days total, so that likely says my skill at the game. It still feels like a flawed 7 to 7.5/10. There are run stopping bugs for sure, and one took me last night before I went to bed where an enemy spawned into a wall and I couldn't finish the challenge room. Decent game for sure with an alright story, good graphics, good controls if fiddly at times, and a somewhat repetitive cycle especially if you die all the time like I did. Many people are way better at this game than me, but I represent people who maybe shouldn't play bullet hell games in 3D. I'm usually solid at 2D ones like Enter the Gungeon. I still put it as a game mainly for action shooter fans. A good game, though not the killer app for the PS5 by far. Too many bugs still too.

On another note I always wash my hands before playing and my controller handles on the back have paint rubbing off of them. This is a flaw for sure, as I haven't played my PS5 much other than this recent Returnal run and Spider-Man remastered and Miles Morales. I noticed dirt on my hands and was confused, as I am pretty clean when playing, but it was just paint residue. Both sides are getting worn out fast though and the random grey is coming out. Hopefully this isn't happening to others. My fingers are naturally a bit oily, as my keyboards letters and such do wear out even if I always wash my hands, but this is happening way too soon. That usually happens months after using it daily. I have a picture if anyone is interested.

#1408 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20332 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 03:58 PM

The right trigger on my Dual sense already gotten lose, and I only played 1 hours of Devil May Cry, 20 hours of Watch Dog.  Also played Yakuza but that doesn't use the trigger much.

#1409 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71057 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 May 2021 - 05:16 PM

#1410 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71057 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 May 2021 - 05:35 PM

Seems like it's a bunch of DLC for various games:

May 17

The following in-game content and virtual currency is available for free via PlayStation Store from Monday May 17 08:00pm PDT (18 May 04:00 BST, 12:00 JST) until June 6 11:59pm PDT (June 7 07:59 BST, 15:59 JST).† 

• Rocket League - PlayStation Plus Pack – includes four unique customization items including Blue Notch Wheels, Blue Smoke Boost, Blue Rocks Trail, and the Trimpact BL Player Banner. 
  • Brawlhalla - Brawlhalla: Play at Home Pack – includes the Rayman Legend Unlock, Sir Rayelot Skin with Axe and Gauntlet Weapon Skins, Shrug Emote and Grimm Sidekick.
  • Destruction AllStars - 1100 Destruction Points 
  • MLB The Show 21 - MLB The Show 21 10 The Show Packs 
  • NBA 2K21 - The Play at Home Pack – includes MyTEAM Series 2 Amethyst Damian Lillard, 5,000 MyTEAM Points and more. 
  • Rogue Company - Rogue Company: Play at Home Pack – includes the Kyoto Undercover Ronin Outfit and 200 Rogue Bucks. 
  • World of Tanks/World of Warships - Twice the Courage Pack For World of Tanks: Modern Armor, this bundle includes five x1.5 Silver Boosters, five x2 XP Boosters, 7 days of Premium Account and more.  For World of Warships: Legends, this bundle includes Tier III battleship Arkansas, 7 days of Premium Account and 5x Rare Boosters of all five types.
  • Warframe - Warframe: Starter Bundle – includes 100 Platinum, 100,000 Credits, 7 Day Affinity Booster, Essential Base Damage Mod Bundle and more.

May 20

As part of the Play at Home campaign, you can get five 60-minute Double XP tokens for Call of Duty: Warzone to accelerate your levelling in Season Three. The Double XP tokens can be accessed exclusively in-game through the Message of The Day beginning May 20 at 10:00am PDT (18:00 BST, May 21 02:00 JST) through June 6 at 11:59pm PDT (June 7 07:59 BST, 15:59 JST). 

• Call of Duty: Warzone - 5 Double XP Tokens  [Available from May 20 at 10am PDT, 18:00 BST, May 21 02:00 JST]