* * * - - 8 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#151 elessar123  

Posted 09 March 2021 - 11:07 PM

Because it usually requires space to apply the patch and then replace the old files? Even Windows does it in the Windows.old folder

#152 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:04 AM

Because it usually requires space to apply the patch and then replace the old files? Even Windows does it in the Windows.old folder

I did not know this. That's lame. So you always need to have like 30GB of free space just to update a very small file. I am sure there is some tech reason for it but it makes no sense to me.

I just played an hour to get the rest of the Astro's Playroom trophies to get platinum with headphones on. I use the Zelda Astro A10. I don't use them often so I don't really have anything to compare it with but the sound was fine. I didn't notice any 3-D audio but maybe I was hearing it but thought all headphones sound like that? The sound and music is already awesome coming out of my TV speakers.

**EDIT** I just checked and any headset that can plug into the controller gets 3-D audio. I went to my sound settings and 3-D audio is enabled and there are even 5 volume options for it.

#153 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:45 AM

Paramount+ also neglected the consoles for 4K so far. There are only 2 movies and a bunch of nature shows in 4K on there, but still.

#154 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71073 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 March 2021 - 03:29 AM

Change to how the GTA5 Online money is doled out:

From April 1, 2021 forward you will need to claim your monthly GTA$1,000,000 benefit from the Playstation™Store. At the start of each month a new GTA$1,000,000 product will be available on the PS Store, like other similar PS Plus pack benefits. You must be a Playstation®Plus subscriber to claim this product each month and the GTA$ will be deposited into your in-game account upon store redemption.

The month of March 2021 will be the last month in which your monthly GTA$ benefit will be automatically deposited into your in-game account within 72 hours of your first play session. As of April 1, 2021, these automatic GTA$ in-game deposits will be discontinued.

The amount of the GTA$ benefit is not changing. The offer is still limited to GTA$1,000,000 per person per month and this offer will still end when Grand Theft Auto V launches on Playstation®5 in the second half of 2021. A specific release date of GTAV on PS5™ has not yet been announced.

#155 elessar123  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 03:30 AM

I did not know this. That's lame. So you always need to have like 30GB of free space just to update a very small file. I am sure there is some tech reason for it but it makes no sense to me.

There are ways to patch in place, but I doubt people would be happy about having to re-download everything if it fails for any reason.

#156 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1801 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:01 AM

What are you trying to watch in HBO Max that you think should be 4K? There’s only two titles on the service currently. Tom and Jerry is one. Judah and the Black Messiah is the other. Everything else is HD.

I'm pretty sure WW84 is also 4K, but I don't recommend watching that piece of crap.

EDIT: I forgot that it left HBO.  This is not a loss.

#157 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1801 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:02 AM

There have been a lot of these deals lately, but this is the cheapest I've seen so far - 1-year PS+ for $25.59 at CDKeys.

#158 RiPPn  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 06:42 AM

There have been a lot of these deals lately, but this is the cheapest I've seen so far - 1-year PS+ for $25.59 at CDKeys.

I added a couple years even though I primarily game on Xbox now thanks to Game Pass.  The PS+ offerings have just been too good to not keep the subscription active.  I do wonder if these cheap deals signal a change is coming.  I know they hinted at a possibility of a Game Pass competitor being thought about, so who knows, maybe we'll know soon.

#159 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 10 March 2021 - 06:55 AM

LOL! I bought it 2 days ago when it was $1 more. CD keys just keeps going lower and lower.

#160 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10991 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 11:30 AM

I added a couple years even though I primarily game on Xbox now thanks to Game Pass. The PS+ offerings have just been too good to not keep the subscription active. I do wonder if these cheap deals signal a change is coming. I know they hinted at a possibility of a Game Pass competitor being thought about, so who knows, maybe we'll know soon.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they merged PS Now into PS+. I had gotten a cheap code for a year of Now and haven’t been impressed. Even with my solid 200 mbps internet, streaming isn’t that great, especially for games like fighters (which they oddly have a lot of). Not consistent enough and some input lag. And their PS4 downloadable selection just doesn’t come close to GP.

But adding it as a benefit to PS+ or a cheaper add on? I could see that in the cards.

#161 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10991 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:40 PM

Looks like we have a Prequels and Sequels sale today. Nothing too exciting.

https://platprices.c...1-united-states

#162 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4176 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:05 PM

Waiting for Hitman 3 digital to go on sale...

#163 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 04:20 PM

Here's the PS Store link for the Prequels and Sequels sale.  Lasts until March 24th. 

https://store.playst...-ba46268743ab/1

#164 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71073 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 March 2021 - 04:39 PM

https://store.playst...K11ULTIMATEKOLL

PS5/PS4 Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate is the Deal of the Week for $29.99. Ends 3/18.

#165 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71073 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 March 2021 - 04:44 PM

#166 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5587 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:15 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=gHMYwrC7oAo

I’m not old enough to have nostalgia for TMNT beat ’em ups, but it’ll be interesting to see how this turns out. I just barely remember playing a little of Hyperstone Heist at a friend’s house in like first grade or something.

#167 CrepeNuts  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:20 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=gHMYwrC7oAo

OH.MY.GOD.

Turtles in Time was one of my favorite games of the SNES era. A throwback to the arcade game and Turtles in Time is right up my alley.

#168 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:28 PM

I got the turtles in time remaster that everyone hated so I will definitely pick this up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#169 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2282 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:42 PM

I got the turtles in time remaster that everyone hated so I will definitely pick this up as well.

Yeah, people didn't like it because it was the arcade game and missing the SNES extra levels.  Also, the direction of attacks wasn't strictly left right, so some didn't like that.  But, I enjoyed it very much.  It looks like this will be much closer to the original arcade game than the previous one was to Turtles in Time.  Better animation, each Turtle has different animations, even for just running but it sticks to pixelated art with the backgrounds looking better and less generic.  It seems they also have the "throw the enemy into the screen" bit that was only in Turtles in Time.  Aren't these the guys that did Streets of Rage 4?  If so, that's some good pedigree - that game rocked.

I'll get it, now when does it come out?

#170 CrepeNuts  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:51 PM

I’m jealous. I never got that or Simpsons. Thankfully, we at least got Scott Pilgrim back so I have hope for the other two Ubi decided to make into myth.

#171 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

I’m jealous. I never got that or Simpsons. Thankfully, we at least got Scott Pilgrim back so I have hope for the other two Ubi decided to make into myth.

Sorry to hear that you missed out on turtles and The Simpsons I think I still have the Simpsons through PS plus.

#172 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, people didn't like it because it was the arcade game and missing the SNES extra levels. Also, the direction of attacks wasn't strictly left right, so some didn't like that. But, I enjoyed it very much. It looks like this will be much closer to the original arcade game than the previous one was to Turtles in Time. Better animation, each Turtle has different animations, even for just running but it sticks to pixelated art with the backgrounds looking better and less generic. It seems they also have the "throw the enemy into the screen" bit that was only in Turtles in Time. Aren't these the guys that did Streets of Rage 4? If so, that's some good pedigree - that game rocked.

It doesn’t say but my guess is either mid to late summer or early fall.

#173 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71073 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 March 2021 - 06:55 PM

Aren't these the guys that did Streets of Rage 4?  If so, that's some good pedigree - that game rocked.

I think it's Dotemu publishing the game and Tribute Games (Mercenary Kings, Wizorb, Flinthook) are making it. No date yet.

#174 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10559 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:18 PM

The pixel art for the Turtles game just looks OK to me, but the gameplay looks good enough. Turtles in Time and the Arcade Game were excellent. Easy buy on release.

#175 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:27 PM

Aren't these the guys that did Streets of Rage 4?  If so, that's some good pedigree - that game rocked.

Not exactly. SoR4 was co-developed between Dotemu, Lizardcube, and Guard Crush Games. Lizardcube did the art and it was made in Guard Crush's own engine as they're big action game fans and previously made the no budget beat 'em up Streets of Fury which has a good amount in common with SoR4 gameplay wise. Personally I think Guard Crush is the biggest reason SoR4 was so awesome as those guys seem to just get what makes a good action game.

The only names attached to this game are Dotemu and Tribute Games. I've played most of Tribute's games: Mercenary Kings, Curses 'N Chaos, and Ninja Senki were all part of PS+ in the past, and I bought Wizorb and Flinthook myself. I like all of those well enough but none of them ever blew me away or anything. I assume this will probably be pretty fun too, but, I am not expecting it to be as amazing as SoR4 was.

#176 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5587 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:30 PM

Aren't these the guys that did Streets of Rage 4? If so, that's some good pedigree - that game rocked.

No, SOR4 was Lizardcube, who also did the Dragon’s Trap remake and the recent Monster Boy game. Same publisher, but DotEmu is a pretty diverse publisher.

#177 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44307 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:49 PM

No, SOR4 was Lizardcube, who also did the Dragon’s Trap remake and the recent Monster Boy game. Same publisher, but DotEmu is a pretty diverse publisher.

Oh damn...I got excited when I saw SOR4 on their website.

#178 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7017 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:28 PM

The pixel art for the Turtles game just looks OK to me, but the gameplay looks good enough. Turtles in Time and the Arcade Game were excellent. Easy buy on release.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought the art was a step backward from the older games.

#179 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:34 PM

So in order to Game share on my PS5, do I need to just put my PS5 as the 2nd and that's it? Or do I need to deactivate my Pro first and then put the PS5 as my 2nd? Right now, I am game sharing with a friend on my Pro but want to game share on my PS5 too.

#180 elessar123  

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:51 PM

The remaster that was made with the new show? The arcade version played like the old games, but it was slightly not as good. I played on arcade so the attack directions were fine.