* * * - - 8 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#1831 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2949 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 02:28 PM

Does anyone know if PSP game patches have the same problem that PS3 game patches had back in April? I just tried 10 new to me UMD games and all 10 said already using the latest version, which I find hard to believe.

#1832 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5880 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 07 June 2021 - 02:33 PM

Why is it hard to believe? Most PSP games don't have patches. They would only have system firmware updates. The days when games actually came complete on disc.

#1833 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 07 June 2021 - 05:33 PM

<p>

Those less than a dollar games are tempting, even if they probably are terrible. Really wish you could add more than 10 things to your cart, but that's an issue I've had for a long time.

Opinion Time! - Here's what I'm semi-interested in

• Super Epic
  • Figment
  • Everspace (open world space shoot em up? )
  • Mercenaries Wings The false phoenix (seems like a generic J-SRPG that's not worth my time, but...)
  • Vambrace
  • Max & The Book of Chaos
I really liked Everspace. It was leaving Game Pass months ago so I gave it a shot. I think it took me like 30 hours to beat.

#1834 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2949 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:03 PM

Why is it hard to believe? Most PSP games don't have patches. They would only have system firmware updates. The days when games actually came complete on disc.

PSP supports game patches just like PS3 so while some games may have system firmware updates, they would not "only have" updates that way. Three games I know of are LittleBigPlanet at version 2.05, Pinball Hereos at v3.00, and Killzone Liberation, which oddly had everyone download the patch on PC and transfer over to MemoryStick. If I can find two games using the standard game patch process, I suspect other games use it too. That's why I found it odd that 10 out of 10 had no update when I tried for the first time on my PSP this weekend. Certainly possible but suspicious - even more so given that PS3 game patches had issues recently. 

#1835 elessar123  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:35 PM

The games that caught my eyes that I don't think anyone's mentioned:

Spoiler

I eventually got fatigued browsing, and it never seemed to end.

#1836 AJBlue7  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 08:28 PM

Spoiler

I think it's like 55 pages or so. Like you I got fatigued and had to take a break so I just copied and pasted the address of the page I was on and came later. It'd be easier if you could select any page numerically but we all know Sony doesn't do easier when it comes to web store.

#1837 AnubisRW   Magnificent Bastard CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

AnubisRW

Posted 07 June 2021 - 08:33 PM

I got the first Deponia game in a PlayStation Humble bundle way back when.  I see that the Deponia games are on sale now, but noticed that one of them is missing.  Looks like Goodbye Deponia was delisted last year.  From what I've read, it was probably removed for having some blatant racist depictions in it.

Goodbye Deponia can still be had from the Hong Kong PS store.  I had some HK$ credit left over from when I bought a DLC for X-Com that had been delisted in North America...but I didn't think to check the HK store until two days after their last sale ended.

#1838 knothead65  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:19 PM

#1839 HouraiTeahouse  

HouraiTeahouse

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:15 PM

Spoiler

Coffee Talk is pretty great and a definite rec if you want something similar to Valhalla’s experience. Strawberry Vinegar has an interesting premise (though it’s listed as yuri despite the casts’ ages, which makes me think it’s not for me), and as for Pantsu Hunter...honestly, that’s activated my morbid curiosity ever since I first saw it. If only it weren’t so expensive.

#1840 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:02 PM

As far as statistics like that go, I would use PS Prices. PlatPrices seems to only have the statistics as far back as the site was launched, so any lower prices before that aren't shown. PS Prices goes much further back.

Thanks. According to PSPrices, it’s the lowest for HGH Ultimate edition. Regular HGH has been $10 before. Pirate’s Curse was $5 at some point in 2017.

#1841 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1975 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:20 PM

Does anyone know if PSP game patches have the same problem that PS3 game patches had back in April? I just tried 10 new to me UMD games and all 10 said already using the latest version, which I find hard to believe.

If I remember correctly, very few PSP games actually had patches.

#1842 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3796 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:24 PM

I wanted to buy Pantsu Hunter on Vita while it's 99 cents, but it doesn't even show up in the shop unless you're browsing on PS3.

#1843 elessar123  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:34 PM

I wanted to buy Pantsu Hunter on Vita while it's 99 cents, but it doesn't even show up in the shop unless you're browsing on PS3.

Are you sure you're not looking at the avatars that are 99 cents?

#1844 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3796 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:48 PM

https://en.psprices....back-to-the-90s

#1845 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:07 AM

Are you sure you're not looking at the avatars that are 99 cents?

Yeah I mentioned it in the Vita deal thread I think it was, but it's one of those Vita games that doesn't actually show up in the Vita store. I think you could buy games like that on the old web store, but with the web store dead for real now the PS3 is your only option.

#1846 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4392 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:32 AM

Yeah I mentioned it in the Vita deal thread I think it was, but it's one of those Vita games that doesn't actually show up in the Vita store. I think you could buy games like that on the old web store, but with the web store dead for real now the PS3 is your only option.

Technically it's not "dead" they just removed some HTML files to prevent access to the API.

https://www.silicone...te-still-works/

#1847 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3796 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:37 AM

Didn't they patch that out within a few days and kill it for real?

#1848 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71170 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 June 2021 - 03:27 AM

#1849 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2949 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:50 PM

If I remember correctly, very few PSP games actually had patches.

Makes sense. Challenge is finding the list of games that do have patches.

#1850 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7129 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:30 AM

Walmart has Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade for $59.94, ymmv if your able get them to sell it to you earlier.

#1851 Althax   Longtime nobody CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:26 AM

Anyone have some impressions of Curse of the Dead Gods? Looking for some good rogue light/rogue like games as I’m starting to realize that the genre is becoming my favorite. I’m a big fan of enter the gungeon and Dead Cells for example.

#1852 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10595 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:43 AM

I played Curse of the Dead Gods on PC. Very similar to Hades in a way, but way more weighty fighting, a more punishing healing and exploring mechanic. You will get cursed and sometimes it sucks. Hard but satisfying combat. I liked it but it wasn't anywhere near as good as Hades. I rated it around 7/10. Decent game but not my favorite.

#1853 Seasick Pirate   Rachael's Superstar CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Seasick Pirate

Posted 09 June 2021 - 08:01 AM

This is how I know I am reaching grandparent age. I made a purchase last week and now I’m wondering if I could have saved money by making a better purchase this week. Please help my old brain.

Last Wednesday I purchased “Far Cry New Dawn Complete Edition (Full Game and Add-On Content)” for $19.99

Now, this Wednesday (June 9) I see “Far Cry New Dawn Ultimate Edition” is on sale for $33.79

When buying bundles in the past, PsStore will deduct the price of already purchased items from the bundle, making sure you don’t double dip on digital purchases.

So what am I seeing here? The price of all the content I don’t already own? Or should I request a refund of my purchase last week and buy this bundle instead? I think this was $130 when I compared them before. I haven’t opened any of the content I already purchased.

TL;DR: I want all the content for the best price available

Thanks for doing math for me!

#1854 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2021 - 08:13 AM

Posting in case anyone is considering the RE 4, 5 and 6 bundle in the double discount sale.

Don't.

RE6 isn't bad because it's too action and not enough horror like a lot of people say. It's bad because it's an awful game with horrible mechanics that are a total departure from anything resembling any of the other RE games. In fact, I have never seen any other games that are as shitty as it is. There's no innovation to speak of despite the fact that they're trying something new, it's just pure, unenjoyable trash from front to back with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

However, 4 & 5 are $8 each. Save yourself the 4 dollars and the time and don't even try to play RE6. It sucks. Majorly. RE5 is actually pretty great though. The complaints about it are overly harsh, especially in co-op. If you liked 4, you will like 5 probably.

By the way, Metal Gear Survive is $6. I can recommend it at that price, I honestly think it's a hidden gem people dismissed unfairly because of the anti-Konami sentiment. I brought it new at $40 because it looked like my kind of game and it was actually pretty fun. The microtransaction stuff is scummy, sure, but it's easy to ignore.

#1855 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15287 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:23 PM

RE6 isn't bad because it's too action and not enough horror like a lot of people say. It's bad because it's an awful game with horrible mechanics that are a total departure from anything resembling any of the other RE games. In fact, I have never seen any other games that are as shitty as it is. There's no innovation to speak of despite the fact that they're trying something new, it's just pure, unenjoyable trash from front to back with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

The redeeming feature of RE6 is couch coop. How many AAA games still support couch coop - it's not many and that's what makes RE6 unique. It's beyond stupid but I could see how it would be fun with a buddy (similar to how watching awful movies is always more fun with friends)

But yeah, if you are only interested in single player it's a definite skip. 

#1856 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4837 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:10 PM

Picked up Hatsune Miku Future Tone Bundle for $20.

-Update-

Damn that comes with a lot of songs (~220). I'm only familiar with one or two Miku songs, so this should be a nice way to hear more. Demo with two songs available for those who want to try before you buy.

#1857 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71170 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:16 PM

#1858 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71170 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:19 PM

#1859 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4035 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:29 PM

Hyped on BF 2042. After V I was a little worried but this reminds me so much of 3 (the best BF by far) and 4. Looking forward to June 13th to see some gameplay.

#1860 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4287 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:39 PM

All I want is Battlefield Bad Company 3 but those cowards at DICE just won't do it!