* * * * - 10 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#2251 ritchardf  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:27 AM

What is there to rent on Gamefly? Between Game Pass, PS Plus, and PS Now, there are too many games to play as is. Btw, here are the suspected PS Now games for July: Judgement (3 months), RDR2 (4 months), God of War, Nioh 2, Moving Out.
https://www.reddit.c...revious_thread/

uh, new switch and ps5 games?

#2252 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:36 AM

When was the last time Sony had a good sale? I'll give you a hint, it's been years. Ghost of Tsushima has never even gone lower than 70% yet. You'll be waiting years to see any substantial savings from a sale.

Their Indie Sale a couple weeks ago.  I think I bought like, over 30 things, at least half of which were on my wishlist for years.

#2253 rpgaymer  

rpgaymer

Posted 02 July 2021 - 02:22 AM

just got done with Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, still have Mass Effect Legendary, and have Mario Golf on the way, really happy with gamefly. It seems like there are less people using it though, as new releases seem to always have high availability. also, gift certificates are back!

Gamefly got sold to a new owner a little less than a year ago. Since then they introduced things like Gamelock and the new Elite plans. I was happy with GF before the transition, but these days it's probably the best service it's ever been. Even shipping seems to take so much faster these days. I actually think there are a lot more people using it right now, as they sent out an email a while back welcoming all the new members that signed up during the whole lockdown thing. Anecdotally, a lot of my friends decided to finally sign up recently, and I'm seeing so much more random people talking about it online. It's a great deal- people should really take advantage of it while consoles with disc drives are still a thing.

#2254 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9556 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 02 July 2021 - 02:37 AM

i mean you guys are comparing sony games that came out last year to 2 to 3 year old xbox games. of course the upgrades are free because its just more diversion from the fact that xbox hasn't released anything.

I mean, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite all still have a $60 price tag and they're all brand new titles coming out this year..

#2255 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 02 July 2021 - 03:10 AM

What is there to rent on Gamefly? Between Game Pass, PS Plus, and PS Now, there are too many games to play as is. Btw, here are the suspected PS Now games for July: Judgement (3 months), RDR2 (4 months), God of War, Nioh 2, Moving Out.
https://www.reddit.c...revious_thread/

People still rent games? Gamefly is a pretty good place to pick up CIB games especially if you use those groupons, since they keep all the boxes/inserts in mint condition.

#2256 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71303 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2021 - 03:24 AM

What is there to rent on Gamefly? Between Game Pass, PS Plus, and PS Now, there are too many games to play as is.

95% of games that aren't on those services?

#2257 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71303 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2021 - 03:30 AM

Miles Morales got an update to improve ray tracing in the Performance RT mode:

Spoiler

#2258 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3141 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 06:43 AM

So are all the PSP games finally peacing out tomorrow? I bought a few that I wanted anyway because no one seems to have any idea.

Sony Will Keep Selling PSP Games After All (yahoo.com)

Users will still be able to purchase and play PSP content that is available on the PS3 and PS Vita stores even after July 2.

#2259 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 07:31 AM

RE Gamefly: it's been a mixed bag for me.

Subbed on Monday the 21st, R&CPS5 + Nier Replicant shipped to me that day. Good start... but then it took until that Friday to receive one of the games (okayish shipping times), but  the other one never arrived at all. Postal Service seems to have lost it. Thankfully I reported it in time for Disgaea 6's release on switch, and they shipped me that on release day. That was pretty amazing.

I hope the 1 loss was just a fluke.

#2260 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1748 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 02 July 2021 - 12:46 PM

Pretty good price on that gold edition 👀

#2261 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4801 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:14 PM

You can also still grab GameFly subs cheap on groupon:

https://www.groupon....gamefly-games-1

The $20 worth of stuff for $10 GameFly groupon is available again too if you missed it the first time a few weeks ago.

#2262 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6582 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:42 PM

The $20 worth of stuff for $10 GameFly groupon is available again too if you missed it the first time a few weeks ago.

That sold out within 14 minutes of wario64 posting it.

Unless they restocked it that's Dead. Yup just checked and still dead as a doornail.

#2263 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4801 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 01:54 PM

That sold out within 14 minutes of wario64 posting it.

Unless they restocked it that's Dead. Yup just checked and still dead as a doornail.

Still shows live for me, and I bought one pretty much right before I posted.

#2264 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 03:07 PM

Miles Morales got an update to improve ray tracing in the Performance RT mode:

Spoiler

"For free? WHAT!? They could've charged $10 to $30 for that!" - Jim Ryan as he congratulates the GoT team on their update/upgrade plans and presses the lever to kill the PSP store today.

#2265 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 03:38 PM

Is it worth getting the Borderlands 3 season pass to go with the Vanilla version? New low of 16.49.

#2266 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9556 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 02 July 2021 - 04:00 PM

Rumor mill says we're getting Judgment, Nioh 2, RDR2, God of War (again) and Moving Out for PS Now additions next month. That is a pretty good list. My guess is Nioh 2, GoW and Moving Out are permanent, Judgment and RDR2 are timed.

"For free? WHAT!? They could've charged $10 to $30 for that!" - Jim Ryan as he congratulates the GoT team on their update/upgrade plans and presses the lever to kill the PSP store today.

Tbf, they didn't charge more because it was a budget title with a simultaneous release and they were able to get the $20 difference by charging for Marvel's Spider-Man PS5 upgrade instead. Which was smart given it's a) an older game and b) a far more popular game.

#2267 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5766 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2021 - 05:07 PM

RE Gamefly: it's been a mixed bag for me.

Subbed on Monday the 21st, R&CPS5 + Nier Replicant shipped to me that day. Good start... but then it took until that Friday to receive one of the games (okayish shipping times), but the other one never arrived at all. Postal Service seems to have lost it. Thankfully I reported it in time for Disgaea 6's release on switch, and they shipped me that on release day. That was pretty amazing.

I hope the 1 loss was just a fluke.

USPS is still kind of a post-COVID mess, in my experience. I’ve never used Gamefly, but my assumption would be that blame lies with the post.

That said, because USPS is still kind of a mess, I would expect further problems with shipping for the foreseeable future if Gamefly only ships through them.

#2268 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6582 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 02 July 2021 - 05:14 PM

I've heard of theft being a common thing for game fly packages. Though I think they use blank mailers these days.

#2269 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1462 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 02 July 2021 - 05:56 PM

Gamefly with the groupon offering was an awesome deal. Comes out to $10 a month & you get games at launch

Have already beaten Ratchet & Clank, Biomutant & got first ending for Nier Replicant

Tried poison control on launch & now thinking of trying Returnal

You can play games at launch & if you still want to collect games, you can wait for them to get way cheaper. Best of both worlds

And the fact that you can rent movies too, including 4K is an added bonus

#2270 DrUnkAgAIn   I like money. CAGiversary!   1129 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

DrUnkAgAIn

Posted 02 July 2021 - 06:08 PM

Pretty good price on that gold edition

Eh, I enjoyed the base game, but Fenyx Rising as the some of the absolute worst DLC I've ever played. The only one I could even force myself to finish is the one based on Chinese mythology.

#2271 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71303 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2021 - 06:12 PM

https://store.playst...-9d4f54b56041/1

There's a Weekend Offer sale going on until 7/7 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT. $20 for Watch Dogs Legion, PGA Tour 2K21, NBA 2K21 on PS5, and Borderlands 3. $5 NBA 2K21 on PS4 and $33 for Mafia: Trilogy. 

#2272 entexman  

entexman

Posted 02 July 2021 - 07:47 PM

Is it worth getting the Borderlands 3 season pass to go with the Vanilla version? New low of 16.49.

Yes, if you enjoyed the base game then you will enjoy the 4 expansions included with the season pass. Plus you need the expansions to get to the maximum level for your character in the game. Well worth $16+ in my opinion. 

#2273 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 02 July 2021 - 11:45 PM

https://store.playst...-9d4f54b56041/1

There's a Weekend Offer sale going on until 7/7 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT. $20 for Watch Dogs Legion, PGA Tour 2K21, NBA 2K21 on PS5, and Borderlands 3. $5 NBA 2K21 on PS4 and $33 for Mafia: Trilogy.

Well yee doggy! I was waiting on the "near end-of-season" price drop for NBA 2K21 on PS4. FIFA 21 for $10 isn't bad either. I'm in for both of these.

#2274 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 03 July 2021 - 02:06 PM

If you liked the pass for Borderlands 2 it's worth it. The DLC is better than the campaign imho. If you're in it for the long haul, I'd grab the second pass too, it adds a fourth skill tree and an xp bar to unlock rewards on a tree. It's a useless addition if you've already completed the game and DLC first.

#2275 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6642 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 03 July 2021 - 03:22 PM

As anyone else had the issue with loading things into your cart, then you come back a few days later and they're gone?

#2276 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15343 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2021 - 05:33 PM

Gamefly has historically been very slow for me. I've renewed for free and moved multiple times since I first started using them in 2011. Each time, I notice a trend of them sending my first choices out right away. After I beat the first game and send it back, though, the next game might take two weeks to get to me.

The last promo I did was in summer 2020 when they had the two games per month for a dollar. Thought I'd give them a shot and continue my subscription after the first month, so I kept the $22 per month sub. The next set of games I beat within a week, but it took two weeks for me to receive the last games. I was only able to play through two and a half games. Canceled after that.

They just seem to not have enough warehouses in the US. Or if they do, then they need to disperse inventory evenly among them. I shouldn't have been waiting for games sent via regular mail from the midwest when I live in coastal New England and there's a time factor. If UPS solves that issue considering the last presidency crippled the post office system, then maybe the change is for the better.

EDIT: As an aside, I don't see their physical media service lasting much longer. Game Pass and PS Now are essentially the same and games can be played within a few hours. There's a subscription fee, but a comparatively nonexistent wait time and no requirement to send games back lest you be charged MSRP. You want movies? Redbox has that covered, too. The only bonus to Gamefly is the ability to rent Nintendo games. And if Nintendo ever started offering current gen games as part of a digital sub, then any physical rental retailer would be in trouble.

#2277 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1658 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 03 July 2021 - 06:04 PM

Game Pass and PS Now are essentially the same and games can be played within a few hours. 

Did something change recently? Last I knew PS Now didn't get any big games day one and it has no PS5 games at all.

#2278 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8282 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2021 - 07:17 PM

If you liked the pass for Borderlands 2 it's worth it. The DLC is better than the campaign imho. If you're in it for the long haul, I'd grab the second pass too, it adds a fourth skill tree and an xp bar to unlock rewards on a tree. It's a useless addition if you've already completed the game and DLC first.

Can you please explain why it is useless if I have already played through the campaign and 3 of the first 4 DLC?   i quit playing about a year ago but keep thinking of going back for the one DLC I missed at least.

#2279 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:31 PM

Sony Will Keep Selling PSP Games After All (yahoo.com)

Users will still be able to purchase and play PSP content that is available on the PS3 and PS Vita stores even after July 2.

too late, i already bought a bunch of them lol. maybe that was sony's tactic all along?

#2280 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5766 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:32 PM

too late, i already bought a bunch of them lol. maybe that was sony's tactic all along?

I mean, if you wanted them anyway, you may as well have, they can’t be put on sale anymore.