* * * * - 10 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#2401 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:40 PM

I think it’s worth the extra $6. Then again I love the game so I’ll take as much content as I can get.

Much appreciated! I’ve been on a racing game kick lately so I’m going to go for it.

#2402 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2021 - 10:22 PM

If insiders are to be believed, the reason sales suck is because they're invite only. Sony cherry picks who goes on sale based on their own metrics, not popular demand. Business-wise, it's smart. Consumer-wise, they're just another company who just wants your money.

Yep, I had read that.  And they don't even have a way to track wishlists to see what games are in high-demand.  So it's probably just a small handful of people at Sony who have no clue what people want and just keep picking the same ol' AAA titles.

#2403 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4097 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 12:08 AM

Anyone have any input on Project Cars 3?  Been waiting for the Deluxe to drop like a rock, which it has, but want to know if $28 is still too much for it lol

#2404 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:21 AM

The reception was pretty lousy, people did not feel simcade was the proper direction to take with that series, and it didn't seem to even do that very well. Very rough and unpolished, at least at launch if I recall correctly.

#2405 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4097 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:30 AM

The reception was pretty lousy, people did not feel simcade was the proper direction to take with that series, and it didn't seem to even do that very well. Very rough and unpolished, at least at launch if I recall correctly.

Yea I had heard that when it came out.  Was curious if patches and what not fixed some of the complaints.  I had read that some people thought the game was awesome and reminded them of NFS Shift.  Price ain't bad but if it isn't that good I will wait for it to go lower.

#2406 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71290 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 July 2021 - 02:09 AM

#2407 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4097 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:06 AM

100% guarantee that a trophy is going to be to tame and pet all animals lol

#2408 eternalblue81   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

eternalblue81

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:57 AM

Twin Mirror is at it’s all time low. Anyone here have any experience with it? I’m morbidly curious. It just seemed like they combined Twin Peaks and Black Mirror with the title.

As someone who had preordered Twin Mirror, I'd say wait until it's closer to $5. There's some good ideas and a few nice-looking parts, but not much was executed very well, and the story and characters were pretty bland. As someone who usually loves these types of games, I was pretty disappointed. 

Also, if you're masochistic enough to go for the platinum trophy, you'll soon discover that there's no way to skip dialogue and have to slowly slog your way through everything multiple times. Your different choices affect things even less than the typical Telltale game, so it's not even too terribly interesting choosing different responses. Each of the 4 endings were unsatisfying in different ways.

#2409 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2676 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:53 PM

Any thoughts on Ghostrunner?

#2410 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3723 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:21 PM

What strategies do you guys use for combing through PSN deals?  I use Deku deals for Switch to wade through the shovelware, and it sort of works.

I used to use the PSN website, but it's awful now.  I have tried PSPrices, but it is just annoying to have to go through so much crap.  After 10-15 years of CAGging, I am sick of this.  I know PSPrices at least has a list mode with sorting but I can't even remember how to get that.

Do they really sell more stuff by putting 1200 things on sale at at a time?  Why not 100 things every week and rotate?  It's just a rotation of the same crap over and over, which is fine, but again, you have to search through a sewer of shit.  I used to enjoy it and just look on the PSN site (we circle back), but... I've changed, and so has the site.

#2411 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1786 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:42 PM

What strategies do you guys use for combing through PSN deals?  I use Deku deals for Switch to wade through the shovelware, and it sort of works.

I used to use the PSN website, but it's awful now.  I have tried PSPrices, but it is just annoying to have to go through so much crap.  After 10-15 years of CAGging, I am sick of this.  I know PSPrices at least has a list mode with sorting but I can't even remember how to get that.

Do they really sell more stuff by putting 1200 things on sale at at a time?  Why not 100 things every week and rotate?  It's just a rotation of the same crap over and over, which is fine, but again, you have to search through a sewer of shit.  I used to enjoy it and just look on the PSN site (we circle back), but... I've changed, and so has the site.

The link Frisky posted to the list on PlatPrices was helpful to me.  I like the organization and additional information they give on that site.  It's where I prefer to look at the sale lists at this point.

#2412 CrepeNuts  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:45 PM

As someone who had preordered Twin Mirror, I'd say wait until it's closer to $5. There's some good ideas and a few nice-looking parts, but not much was executed very well, and the story and characters were pretty bland. As someone who usually loves these types of games, I was pretty disappointed.

Also, if you're masochistic enough to go for the platinum trophy, you'll soon discover that there's no way to skip dialogue and have to slowly slog your way through everything multiple times. Your different choices affect things even less than the typical Telltale game, so it's not even too terribly interesting choosing different responses. Each of the 4 endings were unsatisfying in different ways.

Thanks for the response. I’ll definitely be saving my money for a while longer.

#2413 CrepeNuts  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:58 PM

Why limit this to PS5 only?

#2414 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5933 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:34 PM

Why would other people get it? It's to entice you to buy their latest product.

#2415 CrepeNuts  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:47 PM

Why would other people get it? It's to entice you to buy their latest product.

That would make sense if you could easily get one…

#2416 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3902 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:22 PM

That would make sense if you could easily get one…

The code is valid for a year, so there is plenty of time to be able to use it once consoles become more available.

#2417 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4097 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 06:18 PM

Super stoked for the official announcement of this

#2418 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71290 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 July 2021 - 07:30 PM

#2419 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:31 PM

Any thoughts on Ghostrunner?

It was 7.50 on Switch a few months back so I’m holding out for that.

Thanks for the Dirt 5 recommendations, got into that last night.

#2420 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:36 PM

Worth noting if you have Target Circle, you can get another 4 months of Apple TV for free that should stack with this, it sounds like. Gonna see if it does when I get home

#2421 Series M  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:38 PM

Worth noting if you have Target Circle, you can get another 4 months of Apple TV for free that should stack with this, it sounds like. Gonna see if it does when I get home

I did it the opposite way. I had been on the Target 4 month and got the additional 6 months by updating and opening the PS app. It worked this way so I am sure it will work the other way too.

#2422 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71290 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 July 2021 - 08:59 PM

#2423 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71290 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:01 PM

Square Enix sent out a code in an email today for a free 30 days of Funimation Premium Plus.

#2424 ritchardf  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:03 PM

I used the 4 months from Target and this 6 months stacked, though it was on a different account than where i had the year trial (that turned into 18months) for buying an iphone. on slickdeals it was said that this code won't stack with those trials.

#2425 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:48 PM

Anyone have any input on Project Cars 3?  Been waiting for the Deluxe to drop like a rock, which it has, but want to know if $28 is still too much for it lol

I got burned out on Gran Turismo Sport after so many years and while I wasn't wild about the reboot of Grid (it was just ok), I still felt like I needed something less serious than GTS but not totally arcade like Grid.   Project Cars 3 is one of the pew games that found the perfect middle ground (the way Dirt 4 did before the Dirt Rally series started).  I'm also someone who only played the demo of PC1 & PC2, so I wasn't all pissed about the change of direction that PC3 took (which is what most of the complaining was about rather then the quality of the game). 

I'd say if you liked Driveclub or Grid that you'd like this game.  It takes itself more seriously than those, but is not as serious as GT or Forza. 

I bought it for just under $18 (after tax and shipping) back in March and don't regret it.  I'm not a digital guy, but $35 is waaay too much for the DLC alone.  The DLC is worth about $15 IMO.  The physical can be bought for about $18 and traded for about $8.   So with the depreciation/loss on physical ($10) plus the sunk cost on where I estimate the "true" value of the DLC ($15) I wouldn't pay more than $25 for the whole bundle at this point in time. 

Personally, since I already paid $18 several months ago I would be open to the season pass DLC at $10 or so...I think it's a pretty fun game.  Not the best graphics, sounds, or career, but the feeling of the cars, they just feel sorta alive if that makes any sense.  

#2426 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71290 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:09 PM

#2427 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4097 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:44 PM

I got burned out on Gran Turismo Sport after so many years and while I wasn't wild about the reboot of Grid (it was just ok), I still felt like I needed something less serious than GTS but not totally arcade like Grid.   Project Cars 3 is one of the pew games that found the perfect middle ground (the way Dirt 4 did before the Dirt Rally series started).  I'm also someone who only played the demo of PC1 & PC2, so I wasn't all pissed about the change of direction that PC3 took (which is what most of the complaining was about rather then the quality of the game). 

I'd say if you liked Driveclub or Grid that you'd like this game.  It takes itself more seriously than those, but is not as serious as GT or Forza. 

I bought it for just under $18 (after tax and shipping) back in March and don't regret it.  I'm not a digital guy, but $35 is waaay too much for the DLC alone.  The DLC is worth about $15 IMO.  The physical can be bought for about $18 and traded for about $8.   So with the depreciation/loss on physical ($10) plus the sunk cost on where I estimate the "true" value of the DLC ($15) I wouldn't pay more than $25 for the whole bundle at this point in time. 

Personally, since I already paid $18 several months ago I would be open to the season pass DLC at $10 or so...I think it's a pretty fun game.  Not the best graphics, sounds, or career, but the feeling of the cars, they just feel sorta alive if that makes any sense.  

It's $28 for the Deluxe (game and season pass) so I might just pull the trigger on the digital edition as I don't really sell any games anyways.

#2428 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1745 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:03 AM

https://twitter.com/...253854748020737

I definitely recommend checking this game out, especially during the trial period. The campaign is great, as are the additions of Kate Bishop, Clint, and the Future Imperfect storyline. War for Wakanda will be out soon as well!

#2429 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71290 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:18 AM

The campaign stuff is pretty good from what I've played so far, though the slow drops of loot makes it feel like a slower game than it is. You can even play the online stuff solo, at least for the basic missions, which lets you see the rebuilt carrier and other characters faster than the campaign lets you try them out.

#2430 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4097 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:30 AM

I had over 160 hours in Avengers as of last year I think, and more this year.  They really fucked the leveling with the change they made.  Also, the slow drip of content is pretty lame, on top of paying full price for the game and having to pay for more cosmetics on top of it.  Some I get, like the Endgame outfits.  But as far as the other rehashed 55 time costumes, paying like $10 each is a pretty shit thing to have to do.  Just my opinion.