* * * * * 1 votes

CAGcast #674: Making Games is Easy

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18041 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:08 PM

The gang talks Switch Pro rumors, Outriders, Hogwart’s Legacy, and so much more!

Download (1 hr 41 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

To get 20% off your first order at Mack Weldon, visit MackWeldon.com/cagcast and enter promo code cagcast.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Joel Corry - The Parade (Original Mix)
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

#2 Andrew Ryan  

Andrew Ryan

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:30 PM

Holy shit you guys where on fire this week, I had just taken a hit when Wombat said "Based on his accent he's never met a jew..." I don't think I've coughed harder in my life. One for the books.

#3 Docsamson   Old School CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:40 PM

Oh boy. Who’s gonna make the Prime Video essentials list for Ship. I think he needs a TV Guide just for the services he has, and clearly has no idea what they offer.

#4 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1099 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 11:31 PM

Leavitt left the Hogwarts game.

https://www.polygon....ate-transphobia

#5 MassiveDuck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

MassiveDuck

Posted 06 March 2021 - 04:36 PM

Love the show! I just wanted to say how much I prefer the name change to "Watch this Bois".  

Also, regarding the Trans Inclusive option for the Harry Potter Game, you are correct that it isn't anything too new, but I think the worry was that it would be regressive in the way it handles pronouns.  It wasn't starting from the same "neutral place" that many games are, but from a negative.  It has lots of negative baggage because of Rowling.  I hope that makes sense, I'm not great at articulating. 

#6 ceck3969   Kung Fu is Strong CAGiversary!   559 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2021 - 11:08 PM

Ship,  I need a follow up on the Cat Genie.  Trying to convince the wife. Love the show!

#7 Tonezorz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Tonezorz

Posted 08 March 2021 - 05:46 PM

Hey CAG Team! Question!

Do you all ever experience situations where games or other media portray something you're intimately familiar with incorrectly and it takes you out of the experience? Think hackers watching swordfish, or someone who's into firearms who can't help but count how many shots the bad guy takes between reloads.  For me, it's like when you guys talk about cars! Lest anyone get any ideas from these guys, no the Ford EcoSport is not a truck. Calling an EcoSport a truck is like saying the treatment of republicans is akin to Jews during the holocaust. Sure, it's a think you can say, but it's also very dumb, and very wrong. (It's a lifted Ford Fiesta, for those wondering)

Love the show!

#8 Wombat   CAGcast or nothin CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:51 PM

Hey CAG Team! Question!

Do you all ever experience situations where games or other media portray something you're intimately familiar with incorrectly and it takes you out of the experience? Think hackers watching swordfish, or someone who's into firearms who can't help but count how many shots the bad guy takes between reloads.  For me, it's like when you guys talk about cars! Lest anyone get any ideas from these guys, no the Ford EcoSport is not a truck. Calling an EcoSport a truck is like saying the treatment of republicans is akin to Jews during the holocaust. Sure, it's a think you can say, but it's also very dumb, and very wrong. (It's a lifted Ford Fiesta, for those wondering)

Love the show!

I will never stop calling it a truck now, never, ever, never. 

#9 skwak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:59 AM

100% correct on Tom & Jerry. I paused it at one point for my kid to go to the bathroom thinking it was close to ending, and it was only half over. It really drags its way through to the end.