- - - - -

(DEAD) Target Buy 2 Get 1 FREE sale on select video games including some preorders

#31 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 22 March 2021 - 01:12 AM

Anyone have any luck pricematching this at Best Buy?

#32 Pixie Stix 88   Will Game 4 $$ CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Pixie Stix 88

Posted 22 March 2021 - 02:33 AM

Wish Monster Hunter Rise and Story of Seasons: POOT were on this list.

#33 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3303 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 22 March 2021 - 03:00 AM

Anyone have any luck pricematching this at Best Buy?

I've never known Best Buy to match prices on a B2G1 sale.  And now with physical media the way it is, it would seem even less likely so.

#34 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 22 March 2021 - 04:08 AM

Doesn't work on RE Village =(

#35 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:23 AM

Has anyone tried price matching anything at Target.com lately? Every time I have done it, I show the link to the Target item I want to PM and then show the link to the lower priced item. Well, I just tried and the person told me they no longer can click on links and I have to tell her the item I want to price match and add it to my cart and then give her the cart number. Is this the new normal? Was it only because I tried PM at 1:20 am PST? I didn't even know they PM that late.

**EDIT** I tried again. This time, the links worked. I was denied the price match though. Asked if I am using any coupons and I stated I wasn't. After I placed the order, he says I see you used a promotion that made the price lower than the price match so I am not eligible. I told him yes I did use a promotion and you never told me that I can't use a promotion with a price match. He says coupons, discounts, promotions are all the same thing. I called up and they told me the same thing. Oh well. I didn't get the price match.

#36 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 10:46 AM

it was 26 bucks at gamefly and people are selling brand new sealed copies of ultimate edition for 40-45 on ebay
aWOmaOm.png

This is great if you own a PS5...

#37 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 09:40 PM

Too bad the switch version of Persona 5 Strikers doesn't work, I would have gotten one PS4 copy, 1 Switch copy, and something else.

#38 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 09:49 PM

Too bad the switch version of Persona 5 Strikers doesn't work, I would have gotten one PS4 copy, 1 Switch copy, and something else.

so you just ended up getting 1 ps4 copy?

#39 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 09:57 PM

so you just ended up getting 1 ps4 copy?

No, I'll just wait until they go on sale. I'm in no rush for the PS4 copy but the switch copy would have been for my wife.

#40 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 23 March 2021 - 11:22 PM

Has anyone tried price matching anything at Target.com lately? Every time I have done it, I show the link to the Target item I want to PM and then show the link to the lower priced item. Well, I just tried and the person told me they no longer can click on links and I have to tell her the item I want to price match and add it to my cart and then give her the cart number. Is this the new normal? Was it only because I tried PM at 1:20 am PST? I didn't even know they PM that late.

**EDIT** I tried again. This time, the links worked. I was denied the price match though. Asked if I am using any coupons and I stated I wasn't. After I placed the order, he says I see you used a promotion that made the price lower than the price match so I am not eligible. I told him yes I did use a promotion and you never told me that I can't use a promotion with a price match. He says coupons, discounts, promotions are all the same thing. I called up and they told me the same thing. Oh well. I didn't get the price match.

Your supposed to go to a brick and mortal location and do the Price match, not online Sherlock! Now what I did was, don't even mention that you want to want to PM on top of the promotion. Just tell them you want to buy and price match some games. It helps if you have some misc clothing, household items to buy.
also.

I was able to grab FF 7 remake and 2 copies of Red Dead 2 after this promo. It came to about 19 each after my red card. PM'd both to Wal-Mart's website

#41 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2021 - 11:58 PM

Your supposed to go to a brick and mortal location and do the Price match, not online Sherlock! Now what I did was, don't even mention that you want to want to PM on top of the promotion. Just tell them you want to buy and price match some games. It helps if you have some misc clothing, household items to buy.
also.

I was able to grab FF 7 remake and 2 copies of Red Dead 2 after this promo. It came to about 19 each after my red card. PM'd both to Wal-Mart's website

ymmv 

#42 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:08 AM

Haven't tried it recently, but last promo I was able to let them match b2g1 free deal for non eligible game via online chat. ymmv works on a few try. Never tried pm game and getting b2g1 deal tho.

#43 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:15 AM

price matching online seems to be really strict now

#44 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:17 AM

also.

Huh? I never told him about the promotion. He asked before I placed the order if I was using a coupon which I told him I was not. To me, a promotion and coupon are different things. After I placed my order, I gave him my order number and he tells me I used a 20% storewide promotion and so I don't qualify for the PM. I was not PM a game. It was a TV. I called and the customer rep told me the same thing. I DID not qualify for the price match AND 20% store wide promotion which she said is the exact same thing as a coupon. She even read the terms and conditions off the website to me. Sure, I could have gotten someone that didn't know Targets rules but I didn't. I had no idea I couldn't use a 20% promotion and a PM in the same order. I have also read many times here over the years to never try PM in store and always use online. It's not like the guy told me if I am using a promotion, I could not get the PM and I could keep trying and trying until I got someone that would. I already placed the order.

#45 Miker525  

Posted 25 March 2021 - 10:57 PM

Buy two other games of the same price. After completing the order, cancel two of the games right away and get your desired game for 33% off.

What's the best way to go about it if there's 2 games that I want to order? For instance I'd love to score No More Heroes 3 and Silver Case Switch (both $59.99) but not a third. Should I just add a third $59.99 game and then after the order is placed cancel that third game?

#46 Puppet Master   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Puppet Master

Posted 25 March 2021 - 11:29 PM

What's the best way to go about it if there's 2 games that I want to order? For instance I'd love to score No More Heroes 3 and Silver Case Switch (both $59.99) but not a third. Should I just add a third $59.99 game and then after the order is placed cancel that third game?

Yes that is correct.

#47 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2021 - 03:47 AM

Or you can return in store. 

#48 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 26 March 2021 - 06:21 AM

Surprised target match amazons price for godfall ascended

#49 allfires  

Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:38 PM

From people’s experience what are the chances of them adding games that released today to the sale? Looking like It Takes Two

#50 xzeronature  

xzeronature

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:06 PM

From people’s experience what are the chances of them adding games that released today to the sale? Looking like It Takes Two

Last B2G1 sale they had I waited to see if Little Nightmares 2 was going to be added and it wasn't. That's my only experince.

#51 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:32 AM

This is annoying....

Amazon is also doing a B2G1. Amazon and Target both have the Switch Plants vs. Zombies available, but it's $29.99 on Amazon and $39.99 on Target.

Naturally, even though both sites offer the same promotion, Target won't price match the game as they "don't match promotions" ...

#52 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1180 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:05 AM

Was hoping Hades NSW would qualify but it doesn't, meanwhile higher priced switch pre-orders do :bomb:

FYI great game. If you want it discounted a bit buy it at Walmart. It’s 29.99 there. In fact all switch games are usually $5-$10 cheaper their than anywhere else. That includes 1st party Nintendo newly released games.

#53 happyone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

happyone

Posted 27 March 2021 - 05:44 PM

I believe Hades was included in the sale earlier in the week (had it in my cart).

Maybe it will be added to the next sale?