(DEAD) Target Buy 2 Get 1 FREE sale on select video games including some preorders

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Surprised no one posted a thread yet.  Only works on select games.  Some preorders included.  You can mix and match with movies, board games and books I believe.  Should be good until next Saturday 3/27.

Here is what I have ordered so far:

No More Heroes (Switch preorder) - $59.99

Dynasty Warriors 5 (Switch preorder) - $59.99

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (Switch preorder) - FREE

The Caligula Effect 2 (PS4 preorder) - $49.99

Mary Skelter Finale (PS4 preorder) - $49.99

Akiba's Trip: Hellbound and Debriefed (Switch preorder) - FREE

In Sound Mind Deluxe Edition (Switch preorder) - $39.99

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (Switch) - $39.99

Korg Gadget (Switch) - FREE

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PS5) - $30.49

Little Nightmares II (PS4) - $29.99

Cooking Mama: Cookstar (PS4 preorder) - FREE

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an order of NIS classics vol 1 with no more heroes 3 and silver case 2425 and then a Caligula 2, akibas trip and Mary skelter. Then did 3x edge of eternity and I’ll prob cancel 2 or see if any friends are interested

Very select, didn't see a lot I don't already have, or crappy sports stuff I wouldn't use. Couple only had the Switch version not the PS4.

Have this in cart but not sure what 2 other games I want that are also on sale... Trying to find qualified games but not seeing anything else I want.
Buy two other games of the same price. After completing the order, cancel two of the games right away and get your desired game for 33% off.

KeyWe PS4 (odd that KW PS5 not eligible) + The Sojourn PS4 + Mafia PS4. Thanks OP. Was able to cancel my KeyWe pre-order with BB then using an extra about $27 get 2 more games. Works for me!

Buy two other games of the same price. After completing the order, cancel two of the games right away and get your desired game for 33% off.
Thanks for this. Got NMH3 and Astral Chain for $85 after cancelling a 3rd game.

surprised a nintendo published game was even in the list

Spiderman miles morale ps4 is eligible and it got free upgrade to ps5
it was 26 bucks at gamefly and people are selling brand new sealed copies of ultimate edition for 40-45 on ebay

aWOmaOm.png

Gonna order NMH3, Prinny Vol.1, and Binding of Isaac. Not sure if I should keep Binding of Isaac or not though.....Afterbirth+ was my only foray into the series but only played it while traveling. Maybe I should sell my physical copy of that and then keep Repentance.

Surprised no one posted a thread yet. Only works on select games. Some preorders included. You can mix and match with movies, board games and books I believe. Should be good until next Saturday 3/27.

Here is what I have ordered so far:

Cooking Mama: Cookstar (PS4 preorder) - FREE
Is Cooking Mama Cookstar ps4 still getting a physical release? I thought there was some sort of legal trouble going on with it. I had it pre-ordered through Gamestop, and it got cancelled a while ago.

it was 26 bucks at gamefly and people are selling brand new sealed copies of ultimate edition for 40-45 on ebay
Sony games are like Ubi games at this point. They drop so fast or end up as freebies that you can just wait a few months and pay barely anything.

Is Cooking Mama Cookstar ps4 still getting a physical release? I thought there was some sort of legal trouble going on with it. I had it pre-ordered through Gamestop, and it got cancelled a while ago.
Target only recently listed it in the last few days since I check Target preorders every week and it wasn't there earlier in the week. Looks like they say its coming out 3/25. If it doesn't end up getting released the other games in the order will still get the prorated discount.

Target only recently listed it in the last few days since I check Target preorders every week and it wasn't there earlier in the week. Looks like they say its coming out 3/25. If it doesn't end up getting released the other games in the order will still get the prorated discount.
Yes, Videogamesplus recently re-listed it as well for release at the end of this month.

I ended up doing Samurai Warriors 5 for XBox, Binding of Isaac for Switch and P5 Strikers for PS4 for a buddy of mine who agreed to go on the deal with me. 

Excellent - I locked in a copy of BOI:Repentance (NSW) at 33% off.  Since I haven't heard if console owners will be able to just upgrade from Afterbirth+, I figure this would ensure a good price on Day 1.  Frankly, I'd be happy to support Nicalis with a 2nd purchase of the physical Repentance copy, if it came to that. 

Sucks doesn’t work on pre orders but works on games I’ve never heard of and not interested in. I just had to get hitman 3 for $30. Weird target doesn’t carry deluxe. Also got godfall ascended for 50+ since it seems to be sold out at places now or sold at a high price

Has anyone tried price matching anything at Target.com lately? Every time I have done it, I show the link to the Target item I want to PM and then show the link to the lower priced item. Well, I just tried and the person told me they no longer can click on links and I have to tell her the item I want to price match and add it to my cart and then give her the cart number. Is this the new normal? Was it only because I tried PM at 1:20 am PST? I didn't even know they PM that late.

**EDIT** I tried again. This time, the links worked. I was denied the price match though. Asked if I am using any coupons and I stated I wasn't. After I placed the order, he says I see you used a promotion that made the price lower than the price match so I am not eligible. I told him yes I did use a promotion and you never told me that I can't use a promotion with a price match. He says coupons, discounts, promotions are all the same thing. I called up and they told me the same thing. Oh well. I didn't get the price match.

Too bad the switch version of Persona 5 Strikers doesn't work, I would have gotten one PS4 copy, 1 Switch copy, and something else.

Has anyone tried price matching anything at Target.com lately? Every time I have done it, I show the link to the Target item I want to PM and then show the link to the lower priced item. Well, I just tried and the person told me they no longer can click on links and I have to tell her the item I want to price match and add it to my cart and then give her the cart number. Is this the new normal? Was it only because I tried PM at 1:20 am PST? I didn't even know they PM that late.

**EDIT** I tried again. This time, the links worked. I was denied the price match though. Asked if I am using any coupons and I stated I wasn't. After I placed the order, he says I see you used a promotion that made the price lower than the price match so I am not eligible. I told him yes I did use a promotion and you never told me that I can't use a promotion with a price match. He says coupons, discounts, promotions are all the same thing. I called up and they told me the same thing. Oh well. I didn't get the price match.
Your supposed to go to a brick and mortal location and do the Price match, not online Sherlock! Now what I did was, don't even mention that you want to want to PM on top of the promotion. Just tell them you want to buy and price match some games. It helps if you have some misc clothing, household items to buy.
also.

I was able to grab FF 7 remake and 2 copies of Red Dead 2 after this promo. It came to about 19 each after my red card. PM'd both to Wal-Mart's website

Your supposed to go to a brick and mortal location and do the Price match, not online Sherlock! Now what I did was, don't even mention that you want to want to PM on top of the promotion. Just tell them you want to buy and price match some games. It helps if you have some misc clothing, household items to buy.
also.

I was able to grab FF 7 remake and 2 copies of Red Dead 2 after this promo. It came to about 19 each after my red card. PM'd both to Wal-Mart's website
ymmv

Haven't tried it recently, but last promo I was able to let them match b2g1 free deal for non eligible game via online chat. ymmv works on a few try. Never tried pm game and getting b2g1 deal tho.

also.

Huh? I never told him about the promotion. He asked before I placed the order if I was using a coupon which I told him I was not. To me, a promotion and coupon are different things. After I placed my order, I gave him my order number and he tells me I used a 20% storewide promotion and so I don't qualify for the PM. I was not PM a game. It was a TV. I called and the customer rep told me the same thing. I DID not qualify for the price match AND 20% store wide promotion which she said is the exact same thing as a coupon. She even read the terms and conditions off the website to me. Sure, I could have gotten someone that didn't know Targets rules but I didn't. I had no idea I couldn't use a 20% promotion and a PM in the same order. I have also read many times here over the years to never try PM in store and always use online. It's not like the guy told me if I am using a promotion, I could not get the PM and I could keep trying and trying until I got someone that would. I already placed the order.

What's the best way to go about it if there's 2 games that I want to order? For instance I'd love to score No More Heroes 3 and Silver Case Switch (both $59.99) but not a third. Should I just add a third $59.99 game and then after the order is placed cancel that third game?

What's the best way to go about it if there's 2 games that I want to order? For instance I'd love to score No More Heroes 3 and Silver Case Switch (both $59.99) but not a third. Should I just add a third $59.99 game and then after the order is placed cancel that third game?
Yes that is correct.

Or you can return in store.

bread's done
Back