- - - - -

CAGcast #677: Moon Over VR

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18055 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2021 - 03:43 PM

The gang talks Justice League, Activision layoffs, Microsoft Discord rumors, Nintendo Switch rumors, the new Xbox headset, Switch Lewds with Uncle Banky, VR talk and so much more!

Download (1 hr 23 minutes) - Apple Podcasts - Google Podcasts - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Pirupa - Bless The Rain (Original Mix)
Outro - Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal 80s Commercial (1988)

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

#2 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1183 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2021 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for the cast, guys! @cheapy, can you play Half-Life Alyx on that Oculus? That's the main VR game that's calling to me.

#3 bludchyld   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

bludchyld

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:08 AM

Great show this week. When Cheapy said "I finished the job" I almost lost it.

Cheapy, your statement about not having enough time for DJ and VR reminded me about Tribe XR on the Quest. Virtual DJ set with classes with actual DJs sounds like another thing that checks all your boxes.

@gorgo, you need a PC to run Alyx on to play on the Quest. You can hook the Quest to a PC via a link cable or Virtual Desktop and it works like a PC VR headset, but games like Alyx are too intensive for the headset alone. I'm saving up myself for a new PC so I can do just that.

#4 Yanksrule56   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Yanksrule56

Posted 30 March 2021 - 02:01 AM

Hey Cheapy,

I love ping pong and used to play constantly growing up, but haven’t played seriously in many years. Your talk of Eleven Table Tennis on Oculus led me to watch a few YouTube videos and, long story short, I just spent $320 on an Oculus Quest 2 and Eleven Table Tennis and could not be happier. It is SHOCKINGLY lifelike. Probably the most fun I have had playing a video game in 10 years. I don’t even know if I should call it a video game, the simulation is that good. Just ordered a paddle adapter, can’t wait till it gets in. I’ve been listening to the Cagcast since the beginning, and this is the best recommendation that ever came out of it!

#5 crazyad8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

crazyad8

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:31 AM

Hey Cheapy,

I love ping pong and used to play constantly growing up, but haven’t played seriously in many years. Your talk of Eleven Table Tennis on Oculus led me to watch a few YouTube videos and, long story short, I just spent $320 on an Oculus Quest 2 and Eleven Table Tennis and could not be happier. It is SHOCKINGLY lifelike. Probably the most fun I have had playing a video game in 10 years. I don’t even know if I should call it a video game, the simulation is that good. Just ordered a paddle adapter, can’t wait till it gets in. I’ve been listening to the Cagcast since the beginning, and this is the best recommendation that ever came out of it!

I did the same exact thing lol :D, where did you get the adapter from? I was never much of a table tennis player before but I've been hooked all weekend. A big step up from my psvr 

#6 shanafan   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for the cast, guys! @cheapy, can you play Half-Life Alyx on that Oculus? That's the main VR game that's calling to me.

I think for that game, he would need the link cable to his PC in order to run it.

#7 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18055 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2021 - 12:19 AM

Hey Cheapy,

I did the same exact thing lol :D, where did you get the adapter from? I was never much of a table tennis player before but I've been hooked all weekend. A big step up from my psvr 

You want this one: https://sanlaki.shop...culus-quest-2-1

5% off with code 11SANLAKI