CAGcast #678: How About Deez Grape Nuts?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks VR ramen simulators, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Balen Wonderworld, and so much more!

Download (1 hr 27 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Galantis & Yellow Claw - "We Can Get High" (Official Music Video)
Outro - Grape Nuts Commercial 1987

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question.  Does CheapyD actually play video games anymore?  Not glorified mobile VR games, but video games?

Not a critique but I find it interesting that the one guy in the group without a full time job has lost their interest in gaming.

Also, what happened to the PC gaming topic?  I think 2/3rds of the CAG gang actually have RTX3080s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy you need to create an affiliate link for the Quest. Your endorsement matters, I am going to pick one up as I have a few friends who have been pushing me to get one. I am a little worried because I tend to suffer from VR sickness. I figure a board game or a quick game of table tennis for a workout will not kill me. The PSVR takes too long to setup -  no wires is a good selling point. 

I think it’s hilarious that Cheapy went from completely anti-VR to huge advocate. I get the freedom that wireless gives you is a big deal, but the “difficulty” with setup and using a PSVR is completely overblown.

I think it’s hilarious that Cheapy went from completely anti-VR to huge advocate. I get the freedom that wireless gives you is a big deal, but the “difficulty” with setup and using a PSVR is completely overblown.
It's a personal preference. I get VR sickness and have to do it in small batches so I'm already debating putting the thing on. The fact I have to dig out that square dongle with the long wire I keep connected to my console, but hidden, and match up the wires on the headset is enough to add further discouragement. My designated video game space is less than ideal to begin with, both for using VR, and storing it.

Yes, it's totally manageable, and there is nothing wrong with the PSVR. if I want to use it to workout for 15 minutes, this might be a better solution.

Sure, if you don’t leave it hooked up, which maybe in your case it’s a space issue. I imagine most people don’t unhook PSVR from their PS4 every time they use it. Doesn’t make any sense.

SO excited for Wombat's fitness journey! As a listener from the very beginning, I have been waiting expectantly and with sincere hope for him to get on a fitness plan. Don't get discouraged as there will be setbacks, be patient with yourself and go at your own pace. Here's hoping for regular updates (or even a new segment). Good luck wombat!

Got sad listening to Wombat’s nutritionist’s plan. The lame diet version of the Standard American Diet (SAD) isn’t going to work.

Surprised none of the crew want to play It Takes Two. It’s a co-op game which, by all accounts and reviews, is amazingly fun. You don’t have to be actually be husband and wife to play together. Sounds great, can’t wait to play with a friend of mine.

The discussion of paying NCAA players was oversimplified. The real issue is that most schools lose money on sports overall and the few that make a profit don’t make much. The big money comes from alumni donations but those aren’t considered income for sports even if that is what keeps the donors giving.

Ship thinks you can split apart the individual sports. But you have the issue of Title IX. Let’s say you're Alabama and you spend $70 million on your football program; win a National championship and you could generate $100 million in revenue. So you made $30 million in profit, right? But wait, under Title IX you’re required to spend an equal $70 million on women’s sports that generate almost no revenue. So you actually lost money. The most successful program in by far the biggest revenue sport and you still don’t make a profit. And if you start paying the men then that’s more expenses that will have to be matched by additional spending on women’s programs. I also can’t imagine any college wanting the bad press and law suits from trying to pay men differently from women (and no women’s program is making money, not even CT basketball).

Great show, as always!

@Wombat, I would have to agree with the previous comment that your nutritionist's plan for you is not likely to work...

Have you ever heard of Intermittent Fasting? I was skeptical of this method at first, but then I read "The Obesity Code" by Dr. James Fung.

It pretty clearly explains why most current diets fail eventually and why others appear to work at first and then stop (Atkins). I've been doing IF for about 6 weeks now and have lost 15 lbs. Given that I know finding the time to exercise is very difficult for you, this might be a valid option that will help you shed some poundage and overall feel better. 

Keep up the great work, guys!

bread's done
Back