* * * * - 4 votes

Oculus Quest Daily Deals

Oculus Quest VR Virtual Reality

#511 sargith  

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:18 PM

It's been a while since I posted on CAG, but I figured this would be a good (and active) place to ask -

I'm thinking about buying my brother an Oculus for Christmas, and I read that the Rift is no longer being made, but the Quest 2 isn't as powerful.

If my brother owns a Vive and is always complaining about the wires and set up, is it worth getting the Quest 2 as well, more so for the portability of it all? Are there AAA game catered to the device, or are they more like mobile games?

Thanks for your help!

I had a vive myself and sold it to get a quest. The wireless option is superior and honestly the quality can seem better in many ways as a result.

Also can we stop seeing referrals now? Getting a little annoying…

#512 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:51 PM

just to add to that, the quest 2 is better all around than the original vives (and the pros) and the rifts, spec wise. It has a higher resolution and refresh rate than both. It even has a higher resolution that the index, though the index wins out on FOV. The one place the wired sets can generally win out is on tracking, just because they have outside in tracking instead of inside out tracking, since the quest can only guess about things like you moving a hand behind your back

#513 michaelarchi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

michaelarchi

Posted 01 December 2021 - 02:34 AM

For the next week new users get $60 credit and those that refer them get $30. What a deal! I’d appreciate it if you’d use my code as it’s great for you and cool for me. Thanks! https://www.oculus.c...nk/Archibald81/

#514 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6445 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2021 - 05:29 AM

Set it up tonight and then put it back in the box for Christmas … the wait will be tough, but I was impressed with the setup!

Just in case anyone wants the $60 this week, I’ll add my link https://www.oculus.c...s/link/etcrane/.

#515 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:29 AM

Wednesday's daily deal is A Fisherman's Tale for $9.72. Save $5.25.

We have a couple bundles as well-

The Wizards and Stones of Harlath bundle is $25.49. Save $9.49.

Republique VR and Falcon Age bundle is $23.99. Save $10.99.

#516 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2021 - 04:02 PM

Fisherman's Take was very cool, but extremely short. Was happy to get it as part of a humble bundle a few months back.

#517 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3850 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:38 PM

Does anyone know, to use my PCVR games on the Quest 2, if I have to totally disconnect my Vive and go through another set-up process in SteamVR? I'm seeing tutorials that say I'll see a SteamVR icon in the Oculus App's screen, but maybe that's old info.

You can stream your Steam (or other VR PC) games to the Oculus, thus taking advantage of the superior processing power of the PC.  Or you can buy games you download directly into the Oculus if you want a 100% portable experience.  For PC use, you can either use a (specialized) USB-C cable to connect them or else you can connect the Oculus to the PC via wifi for a cordless experience.

just to add to that, the quest 2 is better all around than the original vives (and the pros) and the rifts, spec wise. It has a higher resolution and refresh rate than both. It even has a higher resolution that the index, though the index wins out on FOV. The one place the wired sets can generally win out is on tracking, just because they have outside in tracking instead of inside out tracking, since the quest can only guess about things like you moving a hand behind your back

As an OG Vive owner, after using the Quest 2 for a couple weeks now, I'd argue that the LED screen of the Q2 is nowhere near as good as the Vive's OLED, mind you, I did change out the lenses it came with. I can't find any settings in the Oculus menus to make it's blacks not look like washed out grey.

The Index controllers are also much more preferable to the Touch, as the texture/grip/hand loops are the way to go until some sort of (affordable and mainstream) VR gloves with force feedback is available.

If cost is strictly a factor, though, Q2 is obviously the winner, facebook bs notwithstanding.

#518 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:48 PM

yea Im an OG rift owner, and while the oled's did have better blacks, the resolution increase IMHO more than makes up for that difference compared to the old vive/rifts. That being said I personally dont see them as just washed out greys, they look black to me, just not as black as the oleds hit. Maybe try adjusting your viewing angle? I know if you hit it at the wrong spot then things like that can happen.

I never got to play with the new index controllers, I just know the touch controllers were miles ahead of the old wands on the vives though. Of course the index is still a 1000$ setup compared to everything else, that had been cheaper, so Id hope they would do at least a few things better :).

#519 ets   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2021 - 12:58 AM

looks like there is a train set up to not to interfer with this thread:

https://www.cheapass...ires-on-120621/

https://www.oculus.c...link/AceNoodle/

#520 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2021 - 10:15 AM

Daily deal for Thursday-

Elven Assassin is $11.24. Save $3.75.

#521 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2021 - 04:01 PM

Upload VR Showcase starts in an hour

#522 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:01 AM

Daily deal for Friday-

Dreadhalls is $7.49. Save $2.5.

#523 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 11:59 PM

well to save other people the trouble of having to do setup twice... click the referral link you want to use BEFORE setting up your oculus. I was trying to figure out when to enter the referral info after i had paired the oculus with my account. I supposed I probably should have looked up instructions... 

#524 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2021 - 10:00 AM

Daily deal for Saturday-

AFFECTED: The Manor - Complete Edition is $7.99. Save $2.

And we have new bundles-

Racket Fury: Table Tennis VR and Guided Tai Chi bundle is $20.99. Save $8.99.

RUSH and Death Lap bundle is $28.99. Save $10.99.

#525 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2021 - 07:26 PM

is the oculus case actually worth $50? Looks like most of the third party cases are still around the $40 range

#526 espy   Original Transported Man CAGiversary!   2864 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2021 - 11:29 PM

is the oculus case actually worth $50? Looks like most of the third party cases are still around the $40 range

It's not. It's bulky but also doesn't feel particularly sturdy. The zipper also isn't very smooth IMO. If you got it for free during one of the Black Friday sales it's worth keeping, but it isn't worth shelling out for if you didn't get it as a freebie.

If you don't get an aftermarket or elite strap, the cheap $20 cases are actually perfectly fine and very compact.

#527 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2021 - 11:36 PM

It's not. It's bulky but also doesn't feel particularly sturdy. The zipper also isn't very smooth IMO. If you got it for free during one of the Black Friday sales it's worth keeping, but it isn't worth shelling out for if you didn't get it as a freebie.

If you don't get an aftermarket or elite strap, the cheap $20 cases are actually perfectly fine and very compact.

Thanks. Will have to wait and see what accessories I might add and just transport it in the box

#528 bear489   CtrlPew CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:14 AM

Any help on slow download speeds? I've been trying to download a 4GB game for the last 7 hours and it's at 500MB done. I've checked my connections and my speed sets around 100mbps when running testing on my pc. The headset shows a strong connection to my router.

#529 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1301 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 05 December 2021 - 06:15 AM

Any help on slow download speeds? I've been trying to download a 4GB game for the last 7 hours and it's at 500MB done. I've checked my connections and my speed sets around 100mbps when running testing on my pc. The headset shows a strong connection to my router.

My only immediate thought is to try and switch bands. If you're on 2.4, switch to 5 ghz, or vice versa. 

#530 espy   Original Transported Man CAGiversary!   2864 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2021 - 07:08 AM

What protocol and frequency band is your wireless router? Do you have any issues on wifi with other wireless devices on your network? Another possible reason is something else on your network is hogging up bandwidth.

#531 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2021 - 09:36 AM

Sunday's daily deal-

Premium Bowling is $14.99. Save $5.

#532 bear489   CtrlPew CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2021 - 10:05 PM

My only immediate thought is to try and switch bands. If you're on 2.4, switch to 5 ghz, or vice versa. 

I'll give it a try. It's on 5ghz as recommended right now.

What protocol and frequency band is your wireless router? Do you have any issues on wifi with other wireless devices on your network? Another possible reason is something else on your network is hogging up bandwidth.

It's on 5ghz. I have no issues with any other devices that uses that channel at the same time. Last night I shut everything off that I have on the channel so the Oculus was the only thing connected and still very slow speed.

Also why doesn't this thing have the ability to resume download if something happens? Lost connection twice and each time it restarted the download from scratch.

#533 espy   Original Transported Man CAGiversary!   2864 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2021 - 11:14 PM

I'll give it a try. It's on 5ghz as recommended right now.

It's on 5ghz. I have no issues with any other devices that uses that channel at the same time. Last night I shut everything off that I have on the channel so the Oculus was the only thing connected and still very slow speed.

Also why doesn't this thing have the ability to resume download if something happens? Lost connection twice and each time it restarted the download from scratch.

Very strange. Can you take it to someone else's house to test the wifi? If it gives the same result elsewhere, you should probably exchange it as it could be faulty.

#534 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2021 - 09:07 AM

Daily deal for Monday-

End Space is $10.49. Save $4.5.

#535 espy   Original Transported Man CAGiversary!   2864 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2021 - 12:52 AM

Last day for the $60 referral credit , after today it will be $30 for the remainder of the month unless they change it again

#536 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 07 December 2021 - 01:14 AM

Still going back and forth on wanting to pick up an Oculus. I might as well just wait for the PSVR2 reveal coming in a couple of months. I would have to think games like Half Life are going to be an exclusive Oculus game with no chance of coming to PSVR2. That's definitely OQ2 killer app.

#537 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6445 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2021 - 01:25 AM

Seems like you’d have way more options with an Oculus than a PSVR 2 … unless Sony does something mind blowing with amazing exclusives. You wouldn’t be able to hook up a PSVR to a PC and frankly Sony’s long term support for things like VR or handhelds has always been questionable.

#538 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3055 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:38 AM

did anyone purchase the oculus quest for $299.99 at amazon with a $50 gift card and did anyone get the $50 gift card yet?

amazon support has no idea what i'm talking about

#539 ostynb   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:55 AM

Ya. I got a $50 promotional credit, not a gift card. You can check by adding something your cart and proceed to the payment options and see if it is an option to pay with credit.

#540 bear489   CtrlPew CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:55 AM

did anyone purchase the oculus quest for $299.99 at amazon with a $50 gift card and did anyone get the $50 gift card yet?

amazon support has no idea what i'm talking about

I did. It came in a email a day or two later after the Oculus shipped, but it was also automatically applied to my account . It's only good on items sold and shipped by Amazon.