CAGcast #679: You’re Doing It Wrong!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Oddworld: Soulstorm, Digital E3, MLB The Show on GamePass; we take your phone calls, and so much more.

Download (1 hr 28 minutes) - Apple Podcasts - Google Podcasts - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Go to www.hellofresh.com/cagcast12 and use code cagcast12 to get 12 free meals including free shipping!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Don Diablo & JLV - Problems ft. John K | Official Audio
Outro - Scarecrow and Mrs. King Credits

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Shipwreck just doesn’t like superhero shows I guess. Really liking Falcon and absolutely loving Invincible. Amazing show!

Oh man, that Shipwreck's Slightly Uncomfortable Segment sounded very uncomfortable from my end 😂 Good question selection there

Is this where we post for What Would Wombat Do? I really REALLY want a response for this because I'm in the middle of it and wondering what I should do. My reaction will be based off you Wombat!

Here's the story: About 4-6 weeks ago I ordered Wingstop, for pickup, for my wife and I. I get there promptly because I hate cold/warm food. For reference, I absolutely LOVE fries. That is my death row, final meal. So cold fries is a no go. Also I think wings are a food that are much MUCH better when they aren't sitting there in steam to soften up.

There's a mix up and no one knows where the bill for my order is. It takes almost 10 minutes to figure out they charged the guy before me for my food. So they had to re-enter my order to create an order they can charge me for. For all my troubles I get an extra container of Honey Mustard which I don't even like so lucky me. By the time I get home, the food isn't as we'd like it but we'll survive.

Now last week I do a phone order, for pickup, and am on my way to get it after a long day of work. I get there and pay but realize I'm a drink short. I ask about it but they say the order only has 2 drinks and honestly I don't need 3 cokes so I don't argue and leave. About 6 minutes later, I get a call from them saying they forgot "one" of my fries and if I'd like to go back to get them. My wife doesn't care for their fries so I figure I'll just eat hers. I tell them no cause I'm almost home and they keep trying to persuade me but I'm not going back so I can get home with cold food again. So I ask if they can put my name down and I'll get them another day. They take my info and that's that.

Well I get home and realize that it wasn't one order of fries it was all the fries because they didn't get my order correct which I realize was also why I was missing a drink.

At this point I'm very frustrated. So I call back to tell them they forgot both fries and I want both compensated when I eventually go back. They tell me they will.

Two days ago I go back after not even a week to get my fries. Of course the worker or manager that I spoke to wasn't there. They don't have my name down anywhere. They are asking for my receipt which I don't have or an order number which I don't have because I called in for this order. They can't do anything about it and I'll have to come back the next day (which was yesterday) to try to catch the manager I spoke to who I have to hope will remember this ordeal. I should also mention that I think this manager is something like the district manager and was also the one who made the mistake that had me waiting so long that last time I went.

What do I do? I honestly don't even care about the fries anymore but it's the principle of it. I don't feel I should have to keep going out of my way to get ahold of this manager. Honestly I think I want them to totally fuck this up so I can blow my fuse. Help me Wombat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry @Wombat, I wasn't trying to be dismissive of you trying to be healthier.

I'm very happy to hear that you've been able to find something that is working for you.

Eating better and exercise are great for you, regardless of the type of "method" that you're following.

So long as you continue that, you will be healthier, almost guaranteed.

The benefit that IF supposedly provides on top of just better eating and more activity is that it allows your body to "reset" its insulin tolerance levels, which is one of the major causes for fat storage on the body. Plus, doing your walks whilst fasting will allow you to directly burn the fat on your body versus just burning the glucose in your bloodstream from your latest meals/snacks.

I do sincerely apologize for sounding like one of those "Internet Assholes;" that absolutely wasn't my intent.

As someone who has battled weight issues for much of my life, I just wanted to provide additional information that has shown success for me.

Regardless of which path you choose, I hope you stick with it and get yourself to the level of health that you want.

Keep up the great work, guys!

We of the Black community apologize to Shipwreck and will try to keep the racist things that happen to us to 1 incident per day from now on.

Now that you know Pho is pronounced ‘fuh”, you’ll understand why there are so many places named “Pho King”

Sorry you didn’t enjoy Godzilla vs Kong. To be clear there was never going to be a logical, sensible story involving animals that are far too big to exist. So they threw all logic and science out the window and shot for the moon. As a long-time Kaiju fan I enjoyed it greatly for the over-the-top ridiculous spectacle that it was. Thought the Cg was fine too.

Yes, it was stupid as hell. And yes, I was yelling at the tv. And yes, I expected G and K to high five at the end. And I was very satisfied.

Little late on this post but Cheapy convinced me to get an Oculus Quest 2. I tried the PSVR but took it back. Everything Cheapy said about how pick up and play it is was true. And I’m hopelessly addicted to Eleven Table Tennis. I even got the 3-d printed accessory and some grip tape coming in soon. Thanks for the recommendation.

Just as covid showed us that everyone on Twitter is also an epidemiologists, wombats diet change revealed everyone is also a nutritionist and licensed physical trainer. 

The hidden talent in the world astounds. 

I have a question for shipwreck, engineer of genius:

I want to know if there are any risks in plugging my retro systems into smart plugs (and always leaving the power switches on the consoles in the on position) so that I can use my voice or my phone to power on the smart plugs, so that I can turn on each individual retro system without having to get off my ass.  I don't want to do anything that would damage them over time, but I don't want to get up either.  

Thank you, been listening since ep 102.  

bread's done
Back