CAGcast #681: Floored By VR

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang bond over the greatness of the Oculus Quest 2 and the inconsistency of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Also, WhipSmart’s Spanky Banky debuts and an old man yells into the night.

Download (1 hr 15 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Ella Eyre - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off (Tep No Remix)
Outro - Get in Shape, Girl! "Workout Bar" from Hasbro (Commercial, 1986)

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good show, guys, I'm finally interested in VR now. You should post an amazon referral link for Oculus Quest 2. Not kidding, get paid :)

@ship if episode 3 of Falcon is the one where Sharon Carter comes in (I think it is), that's the worst of the series.

Regarding whether it should have been a movie, I think they wouldn't have had the time to have gotten as deep into systemic racism as they were able to with the space given of a TV show. There'd have been no time for superheroics. The show wasn't perfect but it did achieve something different and my wife and I really enjoyed it.

Show Feedback:

Shipwreck asked the correct question about Mortal Kombat.  "Was there a tournament?"  Because Wombat said, "yes," I'm now convinced we watched different movies.

The video game is based on a tournament, the characters in the movie talked about the tournament, they foreshadowed the tournament, there were freaking cave paintings of the tournament...but, with 25 minutes left in the movie I turned to my wife and said, "they aren't going to do the tournament, are they?"  Spoiler: they didn't.

No bracket, no matchups, no people being uppercut into the pit, just random fights.  Garbage movie...play MK10 and MK11 instead if you want a fun story.  2/10

/rant

The soccer player you’re looking for is Michael Bradley although tbh Cheapy you look more like his Dad, Bob, who used to be coach of the US national team.

Great show guys! Some feedback:

-It is Jacob deGrom, not "Jason" deGrom

-FYI for Cheapy - if you got the new Quest 2 V28 update, turn on 120 fps in the experimental settings on the quest, then turn on 120 fps in Eleven Table Tennis (you have to do this for each of the 3 venues) - compared to 90 fps, 120 fps is buttery smooth.

-Recent tale from retail: My wife ordered 60 4x6 photos to be printed at a local Walgreens. She arrived home and counted only 40 pictures. Called Walgreens back immediately, and they said they "had no record that she was ever there or ordered the pictures". A transfer later, we speak with the person who ran the photo machine who remembers my wife but cannot resolve the situation. We are then transferred to the manager who says she understands the situation and will call us back later that day when the remaining pictures are ready to be picked up. At 8pm (we have not received a call by then), we call back and get the manager back on the phone, who then says "we have no printer ink to print the pictures". We ask for a partial refund, and she says she can't do it over the phone. We then drive to the store (~10 min away) - when we get there, the person working at the photo machine says that "she doesn't know what the manager was talking about, there is plenty of ink, and she can print the pictures for us if we want to wait 30 minutes." What would you do?

We said no thank you, got a full refund, gave back the pictures, and ordered some prints from Shutterfly that ended up being 1/2 the cost and arrived in good shape a few days later. fuck Walgreens.

Definitely no tournament happened in MK, though I enjoyed the dumb movie anyway. Great to hear Cheapy found the March to October mode in MLB the Show. It’s the number one way I’ve tried to sell friends on the game since they implemented it. I personally put most of my time into Diamond Dynasty, but I always try and make a run with my lowly Tigers.

bread's done
Back