* - - - - 1 votes

Best Buy deals

#61 toska  

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:50 PM

most people just dont think like that man
people i know irl just want convenience
from streaming services to uber eats
its just the sad truth

my coworkers just buy shit like gta and cod. Most western games like that dont hold any resale value at all long term

#62 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2881 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:47 PM

Physical media is almost dead. Everyone I know IRL has switched to digital and they think I'm weird for still buying physical. Normies don't care about usage rights, reselling, etc. They look at media as disposable and want convenience over anything. They buy the newest game and move on to the next just like with music and movies and then literally forget about it. They don't discuss it like we do. If you're on this site and are even discussing this then chances are you are not a normie. The average person does not see things the way we do. Look at retail stores, I rarely see anyone in the gaming sections. GS is basically always empty.

:( Trying to convince my kids to buy physical, but it's a battle I'm losing.

#63 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6221 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 May 2021 - 10:19 PM

I think with AAA games’ budgets being at the levels of some Hollywood movies these days that publishers don’t have as many follow on releases coming down the pike to sell, so they’re holding MSRPs longer. That, and retailers are less incentivized to clear inventory with less things coming out to put on shelves. Seems like a lot of potential reasons

That coupled with the supply issues.

#64 Zee3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:32 AM

:( Trying to convince my kids to buy physical, but it's a battle I'm losing.

Just bring them out to like a forest getaway with no internet and let them 'play' their games and alas they cant lol

#65 kingotnw   The Devil! CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

kingotnw

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:58 PM

I buy physical games for one reason and one reason only. Walmart offers an in-store standard $10 discount on all non-Sony exclusive games from day of release onward. At least in the Minneapolis area. Even then I still buy digital most of the time because if the connivence of not fucking with discs. If that discount ever goes away though, chances are I’ll never buy another physical disc again. PlayStation exclusives are never included in this price reduction.

Edit: Another issue is the amount of space physical discs take up. I have a couple hundred on a rack in the house, but my PlayStation digital library has over 700 games, and my Xbox digital library has 400+. Nintendo doesn’t offer any kind of count. The couple hundred discs I have drive my wife out of her mind because of the clutter, and over the past couple of years it’s started to get to me too. I couldn’t imagine needing to make room for literally another 1100 games in the house.