CAGcast #682: Gotta have SCART

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talk Apple vs Epic, review the Xbox Wireless Headset and Apple AirTag, raise awareness for Children’s Tumor Foundation and so much more!

Download (1 hr 31 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Today's show is brought to you by Mack Weldon!
For 20% off your first order, please visit MackWeldon.com and and use promo code: CAGCAST

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Everybody (Extended Mix) Mercer
Outro - TPAIN Raid

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was some weird speculation about the GB departures. They clearly all decided to leave of their own accord. If they were let go they would not be doing a farewell tour this week.

Nice cast, folks! Yes, @ship, Wombat's right about The Mitchells vs the Machines. Could be worth getting Netflix for a month. Highly rewatchable. Gets pretty dark sometimes for a kid's movie, it IS an apocalypse movie after all. The comedy balances it out, though. We laughed more and harder at this than we have since probably the Lego movies. Makes sense since they share a creative team.

Game-related, I've been so anti-VR headsets forever, but you are REALLY tempting me.

Fantastic fucking episode! 

Shipwreck had one hell of an arc in this podcast. He went from $300 being an impulse buy to soul searching over a $70 game that is reviewing really well. I've played Returnal and it's really, really good. I HATE anything "rogue" and even I love the game. 

I agree that the US can get a bit crazy with the fake holidays and random celebrations but Cinco De Mayo is pretty relevant with the Mexican-American community here in California. It's another excuse to get together with friends and drink, similar to St. Patrick's day but I imagine it's different on the eastcoast.

So I haven't listened to this week's cagcast yet but uhhh... I kinda have to come at the king right now. Cheapy, I've been getting some white noise from yours and Ship's audio recently. Whenever you guys speak, I hear static behind you. I generally listen in the car, where it's a lot more noticeable. A lot harder with headphones. Just figured I'd let you guys know, so you can maybe record louder and mix down later.

Oh, and Wombat's audio is completely fine. Congrats on being the best! This podcast would be unlistenable with you.  :cool:

Really took some leaps on the Epic VS Apple bit.  You guys heavily focused on Epic's bottom line but there are tens of thousands of smaller devs that would really benefit from not losing 30% of their game sales to Apple.  Not to mention the competitive advantage Apple gets with Apple Music not having to lose 30% of their monthly income to fees that Spotify and others pay.  I think it is worth checking some bias you might be bringing to the table as a group that is all in on the Apple ecosystem. 

If Epic wins it would be better for developers and consumers.  The only one who benefits if Apple wins is Apple.  Also in no small part because of this Apple was forced to lower their cut to smaller games to 15%  for apps making less than 1 million dollars.  

Apple will cut App Store fees by half to 15% for small developers (cnbc.com)

Taskmaster is a good character, and one of the minis goes to him having a long term memory issue because he is constantly absorbing new things.  

Cheapy's talk regarding being a never-nude had me on the floor, and the whole Japanese communal bath house story had me in stitches.
Being the tall, virile American he is, I'm still trying to figure out how he noticed an old Japanese man's balls were hanging to the floor. Clearly, eye contact was not in play.

So I haven't listened to this week's cagcast yet but uhhh... I kinda have to come at the king right now. Cheapy, I've been getting some white noise from yours and Ship's audio recently. Whenever you guys speak, I hear static behind you. I generally listen in the car, where it's a lot more noticeable. A lot harder with headphones. Just figured I'd let you guys know, so you can maybe record louder and mix down later.

Oh, and Wombat's audio is completely fine. Congrats on being the best! This podcast would be unlistenable with you. :cool:
First of all, the only reason Wombat's audio doesn't sound like warm ass is because of my post production work, so he gets no credit for that whatsoever. :cool:

You must have super hearing! You are correct in that I only run noise reduction on wombats track but I cannot notice static behind me or ship in my car (turned up loud) or in headphones. That being said, I'm probably not going to change up the production flow but maybe some EQ settings can help. Was this episode any different?

bread's done
Back