25% off 1 PSN purchase up to $7.50 off with Cash App

zebular

CAGiversary!
If you haven't used Cash App they constantly run deals on PSN and Xbox, this is definitely one of the better ones I've seen. Usually it's 10% off your purchase.

Edit: They have a 25% off boost for Xbox's market as well!

[attachment=35588:186629888_485541539404368_1218445982363651425_n.jpg]

[attachment=35589:185727054_113569977466587_3807941924612301815_n.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything good that I should buy? Max discount is 7.50 so to take advantage of the full amount it should be a $30 game.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I just signed up (thanks for the heads up). Where do I go? Do I just but something for PlayStation store or can I go to Target or GameStop and get a PSN card?

I just signed up (thanks for the heads up). Where do I go? Do I just but something for PlayStation store or can I go to Target or GameStop and get a PSN card?
Just downloaded app where do you see these “boosts”?
Open the app, set up your account and at the bottom of the screen is a card icon (at least on Android), open that and it will say "add boost". Then you just apply whatever boost you want... Door Dash has 10% off 25% off Xbox Purchase, Taco Bell 10% off, Imo's 10% off etc...

It says you have to sign up for their special debit card in order to use Boosts.

Directly from their website:

Gt3wsi1.png

I just downloaded the app. Skipped adding my bank account cuz screw that. Ordered the Cash Card.

It took about 5 minutes, but then I dragged down to refresh the Cash Card section of the app, and the Boosts showed up. Will obviously have to supply some sort of payment information to deposit money into this account to use the card and get the discount.

There's another discount with the same terms for Xbox.

Terms:

25% off one purchase

Expires in 6 days

Min. purchase of $1.50

Max. discount of $7.50

It says you have to sign up for their special debit card in order to use Boosts.

Directly from their website:

Gt3wsi1.png

I just downloaded the app. Skipped adding my bank account cuz screw that. Ordered the Cash Card.

It took about 5 minutes, but then I dragged down to refresh the Cash Card section of the app, and the Boosts showed up. Will obviously have to supply some sort of payment information to deposit money into this account to use the card and get the discount.

There's another discount with the same terms for Xbox.

Terms:

25% off one purchase

Expires in 6 days

Min. purchase of $1.50

Max. discount of $7.50
You'll find yourself using that thing way more than you expect... They do stuff like 10% bitcoin boosts too, so say you buy something for $75, you'll get $7.50 in bitcoin which tends to go up. You can then cash that out into normal fiat instantly otherwise if you want.

I added my bonus referral (I feel dirty doing that but we both get $5)

Hmm ... I personalized the cash card about 45 minutes ago, just says "Preparing cash card/arrives soon" now. I wonder if they email a notice or is it an actual card in the mail? (Newbie with this feature/app). I'll check again this afternoon!

Hmm ... I personalized the cash card about 45 minutes ago, just says "Preparing cash card/arrives soon" now. I wonder if they email a notice or is it an actual card in the mail? (Newbie with this feature/app). I'll check again this afternoon!
They will send you a physical card but you can use the digital card instantly. I can't stress how often I use that damn thing to get random deals... Like seriously, waiting in line at McDonald's I'll look to see if there is an active boost, then throw $10 on my card real quick before I pay and get a $1 off. Savings add up pretty quick.

Sounds easy and convenient. Does the Boost options appear after you receive the card in mail? I ask only because there are no boosts listed as yet. 🤔😋

They took the referral link off (assuming it's a forum rule) but if you get a referral it's a $5 credit.

So when you buy $30, are you guys buying it from like Amazon or directly from PSN?

Can you buy like $20 and $10 separately?

So when you buy $30, are you guys buying it from like Amazon or directly from PSN?

Can you buy like $20 and $10 separately?
Has to be directly from PSN, it's 25% off your cart. So yeah, you could have 30 $1 games and still take the $7.50 off.

Anyone know if refilling your wallet counts for the credit? Or do you have to buy a game?
I added $25 wallet and it worked perfectly, paid using my cash app credit card number. It showed up immediately in cash app as a $18.75 pending charge (25% discount from $25). Unfortunately PSN has denominations of like $10, 25, 50 and to maximize this offer you'd want $30 ($7.50 discount).

I haven't tried xbox yet, since topping up your wallet comes from microsoftstore and I'm not sure if that'd count the same, plus with gamepass I don't really buy that much on xbox

I added $25 wallet and it worked perfectly, paid using my cash app credit card number. It showed up immediately in cash app as a $18.75 pending charge (25% discount from $25). Unfortunately PSN has denominations of like $10, 25, 50 and to maximize this offer you'd want $30 ($7.50 discount).

I haven't tried xbox yet, since topping up your wallet comes from microsoftstore and I'm not sure if that'd count the same, plus with gamepass I don't really buy that much on xbox
So did you preload that amount onto the cash account and then purchase? I'd prefer to go for psn credit as well.

Did you buy using the card number directly? Can you use Apple Pay?

For Xbox, I tried it yesterday (on MS website), and the charge showed up as Xbox - worked. Boost is still there so I tried again today and it showed as a Microsoft charge (no Boost).

Works multiple times, just need to wait 1 hour between uses. Can also use it to buy $25 in PSN credit via the PSN Website. I got $225 PSN credit for 25% off that way. Probably going to get the full $250 (that is the wallet limit of PSN)

This is awesome. Luckily had the cash app already, but never really used it. Plan to max out my psn wallet. Thanks op. And thanks everyone for explaining this and also noting that you can simply add funds and don't need to buy games yet!

I must be dumb. Got the app setup, added the boost, went to Microsoft to buy Xbox credit, it didn't work. Just paid $25 for $25. I had to fund the card to get it to work - linked to my debit card.

For you guys getting it to work, are you funding the card first? Or can it debit directly from the linked source?

I must be dumb. Got the app setup, added the boost, went to Microsoft to buy Xbox credit, it didn't work. Just paid $25 for $25. I had to fund the card to get it to work - linked to my debit card.

For you guys getting it to work, are you funding the card first? Or can it debit directly from the linked source?
Should work either way you mentioned. The issue that could have happened is buying too fast after applying the boost, I usually wait atleast 2 minutes and force close and reopen the app - espcially if I applied the boost over mobile data, the app works better over wifi.

As for the charge, click the clock icon in the righthand corner in the cash app to go to history, hit that xbox credit transaction and submit a claim for missing boost

What's the charge showing up as? Xbox or MS? I'm guessing the latter.

So I have to open a debit account and get a physical card to add 'boosts'?
I downloaded the app and linked my debit card to it, added $30 to cash app. They give u a virtual card and I put that on my psn account and used it to buy some games and I still have over $7 left after the boost

I added funds to Cash App before purchase. I imagine that's the whole reasoning behind the percentage off, since you are transferring funds they can then invest to make themselves money.

Surprised that it actually works if you just use your Cash App debit card when it is just linked and you don't have funds. No bank works like that for debit cards.

Decided to give this a shot but I just get a "transfer failed" error every time I try to add cash to the account with my debit card.  EDIT: working now.  Boost worked when I added $25 to my PSN wallet using the Cash App card.

What's the charge showing up as? Xbox or MS? I'm guessing the latter.
Yes, charge shows MS. I put in a support ticket as suggested.

It seems like people are having consistent success with PSN, but Xbox kind of depends on how the transaction is processed.

I added funds to Cash App before purchase. I imagine that's the whole reasoning behind the percentage off, since you are transferring funds they can then invest to make themselves money.

Surprised that it actually works if you just use your Cash App debit card when it is just linked and you don't have funds. No bank works like that for debit cards.
Pretty sure Google Wallet worked that way with the physical card. It's very very similar.

I bought a dlc through Xbox console and it worked. Is there a spot to buy space bucks on the console? It didn't like my web purchase before.

So I've added about $125 in $25 increments to my PSN account today. Boost worked right away every time.

Now I'm getting the "! An Error Has Occurred. Please Try Again" message whenever I try to use CashApp card as my funding method.

Anybody have this happen -- and know a workaround/solve?

Thanks!

Anyone did an Xbox GC purchase via MS' website recently and receive the Boost?
Wondering same.
Just said screw it and tried with a $10 gift card. Cashapp appears to have only charged $7.50. Picked denomination from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-gift-card-digital-code/cfq7ttc0k63h/002G and checked out. Gonna remove the boost, re-add and try again in an hour or two for more than $10.

If not purchasing a git card (and buying a game direct) you can likely also get 7% back via BeFrugal as well. Referral link (we both get $10) if anyone is interested or just check out befrugal.com.

So I added $25, ordered a card with a dumb tree I drew on it.

Maybe it's my phone settings or something, but when I hit the empty space below the card (nothing's there at all), that's when it lets me know that there are boosts I can add and what they are)
- _-

Edit: do you have to wait an hour or just till the boost shows up again?

Just said screw it and tried with a $10 gift card. Cashapp appears to have only charged $7.50. Picked denomination from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-gift-card-digital-code/cfq7ttc0k63h/002G and checked out. Gonna remove the boost, re-add and try again in an hour or two for more than $10.

If not purchasing a git card (and buying a game direct) you can likely also get 7% back via BeFrugal as well. Referral link (we both get $10) if anyone is interested or just check out befrugal.com.
Thanks - let us know on the follow-up orders.

My first 2 worked with Xbox charges - the third didn't and was a Microsoft Store charge. All used same link you shared. Maybe YMMV?

On the website? Try it on your console or the mobile app instead. I had to switch to my PS5.
Ok. Now the console is giving me the error message, too, after four purchases.

I'm not seeing a way to add wallet funds via the mobile app.

Anybody want to enlighten an idiot (me)? Thanks!

bread's done
Back