Switch SNES controller available as at Nintendo's online store again

nice, bought 2 of these thanks!

FYI these + the 8bitdo bluetooth adapter works awesome and can be used on original hardware.

add in an Analogue Super NT and its even better.

Ordered two. These will go great with the Super NT.

Can you use these on PC with SNES emulators?
It SHOULD connect to PC since it's a standard Bluetooth controller:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/dnhmu9/connect_snes_controller_to_pc/?utm_source=BD&utm_medium=Search&utm_name=Bing&utm_content=PSR1

This thing is great, though I honestly use my wireless 8bitdo boards inside the OG controllers. Worth looking into if you want more controllers or for other systems!
https://shop.8bitdo.com/
Unfortunately, the mod boards for the original controllers have been out of stock for a long time. Not sure if the SNES Classic mod boards are suitable for original SNES controllers.

Can you use these on PC with SNES emulators?
I did a little research yesterday and yes. You just need bluetooth and connect it using regular bluetooth and not "other devices" like xbox controllers. These are supposed to also work with a retropi setup. I'm hopeful the 8bitdo snes wireless adapter will asupport these for the snes classic. That would be pretty cool.

Side note for those getting these...

On switch, R+ZR works as the home button and L+ZL works as the share button.

That frustrates a lot of people early on with the controllers because they think they can't press "home" and get back to the switch menu... but it's there... just kind of hidden since there are no instructions (or weren't any instructions in early batches).

Thanks for the heads-up.  I picked up an order of 4 this morning, as I should have done when they were last available. 

Spawn Wave said there was lag using with PC, but that video came out in 2019
My guess is it was his bluetooth. The video I watched which was more recent showed them working perfectly fine. The main thing is just to connect them through regular bluetooth and not the bluetooth other/controllers/etc option. Considering this is the standard for wireless controllers and is official, I can't imagine it's any worse lag than any other wireless controller.

My guess is it was his bluetooth. The video I watched which was more recent showed them working perfectly fine. The main thing is just to connect them through regular bluetooth and not the bluetooth other/controllers/etc option. Considering this is the standard for wireless controllers and is official, I can't imagine it's any worse lag than any other wireless controller.
I thought there was only one way to connect through bluetooth? I'm not seeing any other way through windows 10

Well my controller arrived today.  It came inside a branded box, that was inside another carboard box.  And that was inside another box, which of course was inside a fourth shipping box.  :shock:

Well my controller arrived today. It came inside a branded box, that was inside another carboard box. And that was inside another box, which of course was inside a fourth shipping box. :shock:
My two came in their branded boxes which were each in separate boxes and then in an overall main shipping box. Super well packed. Oddly what I read about pressing R+RZ to use the home button in other games didn't work. But it does work in the SNES/NES apps themselves. So you aren't locked into them. Overall the controllers work really well. Much better D-Pad than my pro controller.

My two came in their branded boxes which were each in separate boxes and then in an overall main shipping box. Super well packed. Oddly what I read about pressing R+RZ to use the home button in other games didn't work. But it does work in the SNES/NES apps themselves. So you aren't locked into them. Overall the controllers work really well. Much better D-Pad than my pro controller.
Yeah I noticed the home button thing as well. No idea why people said it worked in other games, I wonder if it got patched out. As for input lag on PC, I didn't notice any, but it's not very convenient to use with my realtek bluetooth that came with my laptop. The lights repeatedly flash (can be fixed with BetterJoy) and I have to remove and re-pair it under bluetooth devices every time I turn off the controller because it doesn't sync back up. It works without any of those issues if I use my Mayflash adapter though.

As for the dpad, it was a little disappointing. I've never used the original SNES controller but I do have a SNES classic and these controllers have a stiffer dpad than the SNES classic ones, meaning diagonals take much more force to pull off. It's a decent controller, but I think a DS4 dpad or 8bitdo pro+/pro2 are better

bread's done
Back