CAGcast #686: We Believe in Generations But Also Money

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Necromunda: Hired Gun, athletes and press conferences, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, VR awesomeness and so much more!

Download (1 hr 27 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Today's show is brought to you by Mack Weldon!
For 20% off your first order, please visit MackWeldon.com and and use promo code: CAGCAST

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (TCTS Remix)
Outro - TheSushiDragon Raid

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to preface this comment by saying that I love this show and have been listening to it for years. 

That said, you guys totally whiffed on the Naomi Osaka conversation. One of the main reasons she didn't want to face the media is because she is experiencing depression and anxiety. I personally think this was very bold of her to take this stand and to bring awareness to mental health issues that affect so many others. For this to not even be mentioned was a huge oversight. It is a good thing I don't listen to this podcast for sports.

I agree with Cheapy on Roger Moore.  I think I'm like two months younger than Cheapy.  So, he was my Bond growing up as well.  

Here's the full text of my review of Hentai vs. Evil for Nintendo Switch from this week's Whip-smart's Spank Banky segment:

This is a fun one, bad guys have captured your fellow anime waifus and put them in cages and it's up to you to take off your shirt, grab some guns, shoot your way through the zombie hordes and rescue them.  That's it, that's the story, and it never goes further than that.

It's an arcadey 3rd person shooter with some very basic hair and clothing customization (or lack thereof, should you so choose), aggressive swarming enemies, and did I mention uncensored naked boobies?

It's relaxing and familiar, but ultimately though, there's not a lot to do here besides run and gun for a few levels. There's also a survival mode if you feel the need to just "grind one out" for as long as possible.

Definitely another odd and lewd release for the Nintendo eShop. HAWT rating for the week.  Thanks to EastAsiaSoft for providing the code!

Next week?  Funbag Fantasy 3 for Steam.

My 17 year old son finished Mass Effect LE in a little more than a week.  The XBox Series X is so fast that there are almost no loading times.  You can also put the subtitles on and skip tons of dialogue if you want.  It's really changed how these giant open world game work.  What used to be 40 hours to complete can now be done in 22.  

Ok so Cheapy and Wombat have basically made me convince a friend of mine to grab the Oculus but I'm still waivering on it because of the storage space. Do either of you have the 64gb one and is it as limiting as it sounds? $300 feels right but $400 feels too much....but then the storage space is quite more at 256gb.

My 17 year old son finished Mass Effect LE in a little more than a week. The XBox Series X is so fast that there are almost no loading times. You can also put the subtitles on and skip tons of dialogue if you want. It's really changed how these giant open world game work. What used to be 40 hours to complete can now be done in 22.
Well hell, now I may play it again.

Are any of you excited for the toxic avenger remake? Peter Dinklage and Kevin Bacon are in it.

Also I agree with Cheapy about Roger Moore. He was the Bond guy I grew up with. He was also in a TV show called the Saint.

Wombat, I'm also playing through Mass Effect Legendary edition and ME1 is quite slow and clunky, even if it does look a little better graphically. Rest assured that ME2 is SIGNIFICANTLY more enjoyable. It has better dialogue, pacing, and the gameplay is much smoother. Hang in there, ME2 & 3 are worth the slog through the first one.

I recommend plowing straight through the main quest line of ME1 and not worrying about side quests much.

I absolutely lost it when Shipwreck casually tossed off one of the funniest CAGcast jokes of all time: Batman drops into an island with 99 of his parents. Truly a classic goof.

OK, I was unimpressed by MODOK after the first episode, but Wombat is right... hang in there, it gets a bit better with episode 2, then episode 3 was actually really laugh-out-loud funny... my wife even started cracking up at a few of the jokes she caught while passing through the room. Hoping this upward trend continues.

I'm admittedly behind on CAGcasts.  Two weeks ago, Wombat correctly roasted a rootin-tootin, Raccoon shootin' Trumper for saying he doesn't watch SNL because "it's too political."  Something conservatives always say when watching comedy that doesn't align with their politics.

However, Wombat then followed this up by saying he doesn't like South Park because they "punch down" with their humor, which is something liberals always say when watching comedy that doesn't align with their politics.

Off the top of my head, here are some targets of South Park humor:

• The US Government
  • The Catholic Church
  • The Mormon Church
  • Scientology
  • Kanye West
  • R. Kelly
Punching down?

Sincerely,
A libertarian asshole listener.  (I love you Wombat!)

I've been listening to the CAGcast so long that when I signed in to comment, I had to update an email address that I hadn't had in over a decade to properly sign in.  But I went to all of this effort to let you know I think I'm done following you guys, and that seems to be what you want.  The last few months of petty political comments have made it pretty clear that if I don't vote in a way you approve of, you hold me in contempt. I can put up with years of table tennis BS before talking about any games, but this feels like a purposeful and personal desire to alienate.

Message received, I'm not good enough to be a fan of your show.  Unsubbed, and best of luck to you.

Thank you for receiving our message but don’t feel bad! Most people are not good enough to be a fan of our show. This is done intentionally and is why we don’t have as many listeners as the bigger gaming podcasts.

This artisanal podcast just isn’t for mass consumption.

Thank you for receiving our message but don’t feel bad! Most people are not good enough to be a fan of our show. This is done intentionally and is why we don’t have as many listeners as the bigger gaming podcasts.

I just logged in to see where tf the latest podcast was at. I'm literally crying at this.

The table tennis BS didn't do it, but the heavy political commentary did? Time to sell this man on the Occulus Quest 2

Ha, thanks for being a pr!ck, makes it easier to walk away. Who knew "artisanal" meant burping into the mic like Howard Stern did 20 years ago?

bread's done
Back