Indie bundle for Palestinian Aid

CritcalJ

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the cheapassery of the bundle, but no way am I supporting Hamas or an organization with an ever-growing track record of antisemitism.

I appreciate the cheapassery of the bundle, but no way am I supporting Hamas or an organization with an ever-growing track record of antisemitism.
If you're a US citizen then you probably shouldn't support the government either considering that it sends financial aid to Palestine.

To each their own and maybe the next bundle will be a fundraiser for Israel.

I bought the Racial Justice bundle and have been playing through the games.  I'm up to around 200 played (slowed down a bit now though) and would say that perhaps 1:10 is a keeper.  Which, for five bucks, is still a lot of half-decent games if you can find them.  I saw a number of games I recognized in this bundle as well so I know there's at least some quality in there.  In my opinion/experience, anyway.

This isn't counting all the music/asset bundles and TTRPG one-page homebrews and other non-video game stuff that's in there.

The money itself goes towards the United Nations Relief and Works Agency versus getting mailed to Hamas or some other nonsense.  It's humanitarian aid to help alleviate the civilian cost of war regardless of political considerations.

Edit: Also, it has Laza Knitez!! in it which is a $100 game so you can't afford NOT to buy this bundle.

The money itself goes towards the United Nations Relief and Works Agency versus getting mailed to Hamas or some other nonsense. It's humanitarian aid to help alleviate the civilian cost of war regardless of political considerations.
Thank you for the thoughtful response, but unfortunately the UNRWA is itself a controversy-plagued organization of which it can be strongly argued that they perpetuate the problem, not alleviate it.

I'm not up for "strongly arguing" anything political in a deals thread so... don't buy it, then.

In other news, if someone does get the bundle, you may find this script helpful.  It auto-adds the bundle to your game library since otherwise it won't add until you manually download each game.

Can I add fuel to this fire? Is it just me or the 'political' card is only brought up when it comes to politics people don't agree with or like?

I'm in for $5. I haven't heard of a single game here but this bundle contains things like Lesbian Mothman Hunters so I at least have to check the games out.

Can I add fuel to this fire? Is it just me or the 'political' card is only brought up when it comes to politics people don't agree with or like?

I'm in for $5. I haven't heard of a single game here but this bundle contains things like Lesbian Mothman Hunters so I at least have to check the games out.
I'm usually on one side or another when it comes to politics (if I bring it up at all) but this is one thing where it's so complicated but so many people see it as either a) Palenstine/Hamas bad because they fire rockets randomly into Isreal or b) Isreal is bad because they are an apartheid state. I tried to actually understand the situation but it goes so far back and is so convoluted that I doubt we'll ever see a resolution here.

As a wise woman once told me

5cj5xl.jpg

I'm usually on one side or another when it comes to politics (if I bring it up at all) but this is one thing where it's so complicated but so many people see it as either a) Palenstine/Hamas bad because they fire rockets randomly into Isreal or b) Isreal is bad because they are an apartheid state. I tried to actually understand the situation but it goes so far back and is so convoluted that I doubt we'll ever see a resolution here.
Tony Stark was right.

Peace in our Time is only achievable with suits of armor around the world.

Can I add fuel to this fire? Is it just me or the 'political' card is only brought up when it comes to politics people don't agree with or like.
Can't speak for others but I only play the "relax on the politics" card when the issue is particularly contentious (which seems to be everything these days) and the setting isn't appropriate for that sort of debate (which is most places). I would say the Israel/Palestine conflict in a deal thread definitely falls under that umbrella. If you really must argue about it on this particular site, this forum does have a political section. The exception is when some idiot starts a separate heavily political thread in the main forum like the random censorship thread the other day, then feel free to weigh in at your leisure as it's going to end up as a dumpster fire anyway. :bouncy:

One of the best things about CAG imo is that it's one of about three places on the web where people still tend to leave politics out of things.

Compared to a place like reddit where you can be reading a thread about chocolate donut recipes and the top comment will be a political rant. Take me back to the 90s when talking politics in public was still considered impolite.

The issue arises when somebody with a bad or misinformed opinion decides to share it. Is there a duty to correct that person and/or educate others about how the statements are incorrect or misleading? Possibly. And that's when it becomes a whole back-and-forth thing.

Not discussing those opinions in a place like this is probably the right thing, but when someone starts, it's hard to stop.

Ignore lists can help. Use them!

bread's done
Back