The State of Deals in (Current Year)

crystalklear64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
All the worthwhile stores are out of business, the widespread availability of the internet has ruined society, and good deals are extremely few and far between.

Will we ever return to the glory days of the early 2000s? What good has come of our societal shifts that can ever replace Best Buy paying me to take their games? Is life even worth living anymore?

All the worthwhile stores are out of business, the widespread availability of the internet has ruined society, and good deals are extremely few and far between.

Will we ever return to the glory days of the early 2000s? What good has come of our societal shifts that can ever replace Best Buy paying me to take their games? Is life even worth living anymore?
The answer to your last question is absolutely yes.

The answer to the first one is no. The best answer to the second is humble bundle, presuming you meant "societal shift" to digital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss all the deals stores used to have. It was a lot of fun to go Circuit City, Sears, KMart, Toys R Us and other stores every few weeks waiting for the next round of markdowns or finding a game tagged for $59.99 at Sears and watching it ring up at the register for $0.97.

Now it's been around 2 years since I bought any video games in a brick and mortar store.

I miss all the deals stores used to have. It was a lot of fun to go Circuit City, Sears, KMart, Toys R Us and other stores every few weeks waiting for the next round of markdowns or finding a game tagged for $59.99 at Sears and watching it ring up at the register for $0.97.

Now it's been around 2 years since I bought any video games in a brick and mortar store.
Feel exactly the same way. Sadly, those days aren't coming back. At least we have our memories.

Sadly the current year sucks and it's going to continue getting worse. Real deal hunting is over. Everything has gone to trash in general.

bread's done
Back