Balan Wonderworld $19.99 Best Buy

Legit question, hasn’t this always been $20? It’s constantly on sale as it’s a 2 button kiddy game that hasn’t been reviewed greatly. 

I absolutely loved Nights, but this game is a mess.

I played through the first couple of worlds, realized there was going to be a ton of backtracking that I didn't want to deal with, and sold it.

It's just not good. It can't even maintain 60 FPS on the Series X.

The main thing with this game for anyone that wants to play it, is ... spend some time in each level just hanging out and waiting for the suits and keys to respawn.  You get to keep the duplicates of what you collect and that'll come in handy later as when you get hit by an enemy you lose the suit you are wearing.  So it acts kind of like a health bar.   The game has some challenging levels to navigate, but I enjoyed it once it started to click to just relax, take my time, and focus on just finishing a level first... then coming back with a nice supply of suits to get to some of the harder to reach areas and collect the trophies needed to open other levels.   The "chao garden" like hub seems really lame at first... but the gems are used to feed the creatures you collect and as they play they unlock more and more stuff in that hub for them to play with.  It's kind of relaxing.

I wouldn't recommend this game to everyone at all.. but if you know what it is going into it... it's enjoyable.  I intend to fully finish this game.

I'll wait till it's in either a Humble Monthly or a PS+ game. This game bombed so badly. I would also buy it for a dollar.

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back