$50 PSN and XBL gift cards $40 at Dollar General Nov. 5-6

"Offers with like items cannot be combined."  What does this mean? 

I would be fine with one $50 PSN and one $50 XBL card in one transaction for $80.  Now if only I had $80.

Any idea if this $5 off $25+ on Saturday would stack? $35 for $50 worth of PSN credit sounds pretty killer. Only issue would be if the stores sold out of the $50 cards before then, of course.

https://coupons.dollargeneral.com/coupons/

5off25-bts-730x383.jpeg

Seems like the fine print doesn't say anything about not working with any other offers; just any other coupons:

Details: Coupon Expires on 11/6/21. Must present discount coupon to cashier. Limit one offer per customer. Not valid with any other Dollar General coupon offer. No cash value. Other exclusions may apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea if this $5 off $25+ on Saturday would stack? $35 for $50 worth of PSN credit sounds pretty killer. Only issue would be if the stores sold out of the $50 cards before then, of course.

https://coupons.dollargeneral.com/coupons/

5off25-bts-730x383.jpeg

Seems like the fine print doesn't say anything about not working with any other offers; just any other coupons:

Details: Coupon Expires on 11/6/21. Must present discount coupon to cashier. Limit one offer per customer. Not valid with any other Dollar General coupon offer. No cash value. Other exclusions may apply.
In the past, the $5 off $25 has not worked for gift cards at Dollar General, just for physical items purchased in the transaction. Hence, the "other exclusions may apply" mumbo-jumbo in the disclaimer. Most retailers exclude gift cards when they have these types of deals.

First DG, no cards...Second DG, buncha cards.

Got myself two for PSN.

As for the $5 off $25 purchase coupon tomorrow, it reads... "Excludes: phone, GIFT, and prepaid financial cards" I'm sure these would fall under those exclusions...but those willing to try, good luck.

Does the sale have to complete to get the discount? Rang up $50 xbox card but showed $50 on register. Thanks.
Yes--I bought 2 PSN cards and saw that they rung up $50 each, but when the employee totaled out the order, the final cost was $80.

When checking for cards they are likely to be in 2 different places. On an end cap with a bunch of other different kind of gift cards and also in a display near the registers with gift cards. They didn't have any 50s in the slot on the end cap but I was able to find some in the display by the register.

Went to a nearby store early this morning and grabbed a $50 Xbox card, gonna use it to pre-order Forza Horizon 5. To be fair it was an early Christmas gift courtesy of my mom. She blessed me with the $40 to buy it after I asked and told her it's all I wanted and don't buy me anything else.

When checking for cards they are likely to be in 2 different places. On an end cap with a bunch of other different kind of gift cards and also in a display near the registers with gift cards. They didn't have any 50s in the slot on the end cap but I was able to find some in the display by the register.
Mine was the opposite - no $50 cards on the display, some $50 PS store cards in the main gift card section. No $50 XB cards at all.

Just came back from my local DG store - worth noting that you should check all the cards. At first, I saw two stacks of $25 XB cards but decided to check all of them... Turns out the $50 cards were behind.

if the cards are not on the rack then ask the cashier because sometimes they have paper psn cards that they can ring up. This was how it was years ago at least.

Thanks OP. Was able to score 6 Xbox cards, just to find out the Series S is sold out from Microsoft. Guess I'll sit on my credits until there back in stock. I know there is zero chance at scoring a Halo edition Series X.

Thanks OP. Was able to score 6 Xbox cards, just to find out the Series S is sold out from Microsoft. Guess I'll sit on my credits until there back in stock. I know there is zero chance at scoring a Halo edition Series X.
I sat on $550 in gifts cards I bought in November 2020 and finally scored a Series X in July 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was specifically hoping for a GS gift card discount. Hoping to get a Switch soon so I'm glad to save any money I can.

Does anyone know if it works multiple times in one transaction?

Last edited by a moderator:
So the discount does work on multiple cards, but when I bought them the cashier said they had to split them to four cards per transaction, to avoid being flagged for fraudulent purchases.

bread's done
Back