target b2g1 video games starting 11-7-21

The ad says "Mix and Match" and the sale is for "Books, movies, board games, video games, activity sets and puzzles". This seems ripe for glitches. Like maybe, buy two $5 books and get Far Cry 6 free?

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s tough. Hopefully we can see Black Friday ads soon. Don’t wanna get games now if I’ll be saving more on Black Friday. Hope pre orders work tho

The ad says "Mix and Match" and the sale is for "Books, movies, board games, video games, activity sets and puzzles". This seems ripe for glitches. Like maybe, buy two $5 books and get Far Cry 6 free?
that should'nt work. target never makes a game free. they always divide the cheapest title into the 3 items. for example 3 $60 titles will be $40 each. which then allows you to cancel 2 and still get a game for $40. another example would be 3 $30 titles would be $20 a piece.

that should'nt work. target never makes a game free. they always divide the cheapest title into the 3 items. for example 3 $60 titles will be $40 each. which then allows you to cancel 2 and still get a game for $40. another example would be 3 $30 titles would be $20 a piece.
Yeah, that's right. I forgot, Target was pretty good at doing that so you can't return one of the full price games. There have been other retailers though that seem to screw up sales like that but I'm guessing those retailers are probably out of business now (Circuit City, TRU) :)

I recommend figuring out now which games you need pre-ordered, they'll often fix them sometime after the sale launches. Last time made out like a bandit by combining it with a gaming circle coupon to get a bunch of pre orders for close to half off

I recommend figuring out now which games you need pre-ordered, they'll often fix them sometime after the sale launches. Last time made out like a bandit by combining it with a gaming circle coupon to get a bunch of pre orders for close to half off
Great advice. Might be worth saving the links to specific games in bookmarks or using the save for later feature if applicable.

Anyone has luck pre-order game then exchange for digital game in store? I just got my Xbox S, no more disk drive for me

Anyone has luck pre-order game then exchange for digital game in store? I just got my Xbox S, no more disk drive for me
Can't imagine why they'd do that since it's two different products and I'm pretty sure digital codes ring up in store the same way currency does.

If someone's managed to pull it off, more power to em, I say.

Really hoping to jump on Vanguard if they include it.

Maybe Mario Party Superstars? Or Metroid Dread? Although I'm not the biggest Metroidvania guy.

Wish some Black Friday week prices were announced
There's a few games I'd like to get but if they are going go be cheaper then $35-$40 Black Friday week then I can wait.

Damn, how much have you spent at Target? :shock:
Wish some Black Friday week prices were announced
There's a few games I'd like to get but if they are going go be cheaper then $35-$40 Black Friday week then I can wait.
Don't they normally run this first week of December? Technically we can price adjust if they go lower, but the discount being ratioed out will make it harder.

Damn, how much have you spent at Target? :shock:
Grocery shopping. "Spend $45+ 3 times for a $15 bonus" and the like. Right now I have an offer for two $80+ purchases in 2 weeks for a $15 credit.

Don't they normally run this first week of December? Technically we can price adjust if they go lower, but the discount being ratioed out will make it harder.

Grocery shopping. "Spend $45+ 3 times for a $15 bonus" and the like. Right now I have an offer for two $80+ purchases in 2 weeks for a $15 credit.
I still don't get why they made it so you don't earn rewards when you use a target red card for your purchase.

anybody eyeing anything in particular

really just hoping for elden ring/rune factory ce

feel like everything else will be leagues cheaper from gamestops b2g1

When is gamestops sale and are you able to get them pro rated like this sale ? On a side note do games usually go out of stock for these sales (ie having to wait until 3 am) or am I safe till morning ?

Way less pre orders this time around, but usually stuff slips thru when it's added very close to the sale starting. Not so much this time. Bummer.

You can drop Riders Republic down to $35 because it’s still on sale for $49 until 1 am today … so hurry if you want it. You can add 3 copies and cancel 2 to get a single copy at that price.

Got SMT V, guardians of the Galaxy, and life is strange true colors. Also grabbed outriders for like $12. Debating grabbing Alan wake remaster, house of ashes, and metro Exodus PS5 as well. Scarlet Nexus is on sale for another 30 minutes as well so that can be had for $25.

You can drop the Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Edition down to around $55 using this … relevant because I doubt that edition will see a BF sale given its relative rarity compared to the standard edition.

I did a quick look through Switch and PS5 games and here’s what stood out to me out of the eligible games

Tales of Arise
Hades
NIS Classics Volume I
Both Star Wars Collection games (they release on the 16th)
The Ori Collection
SMTV (standard and CE are listed but pre orders are sold out)
Monster Hunter Stories 2 ($50 sales price ends soon though)
Elden Ring CE is listed but pre orders are sold out

Remember that Target has a very generous holiday return policy, so if Walmart or Best Buy end up having better BF prices than 33% off, you can always return your Target purchases without much hassle.

In the case of something like CoD Vanguard, I would be surprised if we see BF prices lower than the ~$50 you can grab it for here.

Remember that Target has a very generous holiday return policy, so if Walmart or Best Buy end up having better BF prices than 33% off, you can always return your Target purchases without much hassle.

In the case of something like CoD Vanguard, I would be surprised if we see BF prices lower than the ~$50 you can grab it for here.
last year i got 75 back on demon souls like this when bhphoto sold it for 50 shipped

Wanted Caligula Effect 2. So bought it and two other $49 games then cancelled them. I’m happy with paying $35

I was hoping some Switch First-Party stuff would work this time around (I managed to get Metroid, Mario Party, & Advance Wars last time!) but no such luck. A bunch of the PS4 stuff I was looking to pre-order wasn't working either, blah.

I still went ahead and put in 2 orders:

PS4 - Blasphemous: Deluxe Edition

PS4 - Chernobylite
PS4 - The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

PS4 - Blue Reflection: Second Light (*cancelled the other 2 games to knock it down to $40.86)

bread's done
Back