Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the work. I'm wondering if I should hold out for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or just buy it now used for $45. Switch sales are so rare. 

Kohl’s published their BF ad and no VG deals so far, no bundles, no games, nothing.

its possible that the Big 3 companies won’t do any bundles/deals this year. 

Well Target is running a deal this Sunday buy 2 get 1 free. So technically it would be cheaper. Unless you don't need 2 other games.
doesnt matter
you can buy 3 games and cancel 2 and still retain 33% off

I’m bit of a noob do you mean return the other 2 games ?Only other game I might sorta want is nba 2k22 other then that I’m set

Well Target is running a deal this Sunday buy 2 get 1 free. So technically it would be cheaper. Unless you don't need 2 other games.
Unless I'm mistaken, the last time a Call of Duty released just before a B2G1, Target excluded it. That could always change, obviously.

I’m bit of a noob do you mean return the other 2 games ?Only other game I might sorta want is nba 2k22 other then that I’m set
No--if you go into the order details as soon as you see it show on your account, you can cancel the two other games individually and you will pay a prorated $40 for the remaining game, assuming you bought three $60 games in the original transaction.

For example, assuming CoD qualifies, if you buy CoD Vanguard (PS4/XB1) and two $60 Switch games, you can go into the order details and cancel the Switch games to get CoD for $40+tax.

jason-momoa-folding-lawn-chair.gif

Weird thing is Target has already run a few of their BF promotions, including the 10% off gift card deal they have every year.

Nice! Looking forward to see what deals pop up. What's gonna be tough with potential Walmart deals is that WM+ members will get a 4 hour head start on them.

Nice! Looking forward to see what deals pop up. What's gonna be tough with potential Walmart deals is that WM+ members will get a 4 hour head start on them.
In case anyone was thinking of it, trial members (you can get a 15-day free trial of Walmart+) are excluded from the 4-hour head start. So if you're thinking of getting Walmart+, might want to start a free trial this weekend so your full membership starts before Thanksgiving Week.

Will it be harder to get deals this year because of the shortages? Sometimes the early Black Friday deals end up being cheaper when the real Black Friday comes, but this year I'm not so sure...

Will it be harder to get deals this year because of the shortages? Sometimes the early Black Friday deals end up being cheaper when the real Black Friday comes, but this year I'm not so sure...
Pretty much, kohl’s releases their BF Ad and no bundle deals or promotions for any hardware.

It's the first week of November and I've already missed out in the only Black Friday deal I was interested in. Walmart sold out of the $87 Chromebooks and canceled my online order.

I got two of the very few items that I was interested in today. Immortals Fenyx Rising for Xbox One on GS.com for $10 after monthly cert (BOPIS). Also the Keuring K-Compact at Walmart for $35 today, it was the only early deal item I wanted from there.

It's the first week of November and I've already missed out in the only Black Friday deal I was interested in. Walmart sold out of the $87 Chromebooks and canceled my online order.
that whole thing was messed up. I ended up getting one with local pickup when the deals went live for everybody, but for whatever reason they cut short the early access by an hour and kept saying the deals were live when they didnt actually go live til 6 central. I thought I missed out because everything showed check availability and not available anywhere around me, then I realized I was too early.

I think it'll depend what kind of items you're looking for... Electronics obviously because of semiconductor shortages, but game/movie discs should be in plentiful supply right?

It's a shame that we didn't ever get the $99 Xbox One S/PS4 Slim like we did the previous gen. If you combine those being MIA with the fact that the 2DS/3DS is long gone, there really isn't anything Earth shattering hardware-wise that can be offered.

I'd suspect some Switch bundle, although I haven't even heard of that coming yet. Could have sworn the Mario Kart bundle had leaked by now. There will probably be a ton of Switch Lite deals though  :whistle2:

I'm just here curiously waiting to see how low they drop new-ish PS5/XBX games. Will they hit $30/35 or are we stuck at $40 for them? Will we see PS5 controllers under $35?

It's a shame that we didn't ever get the $99 Xbox One S/PS4 Slim like we did the previous gen. If you combine those being MIA with the fact that the 2DS/3DS is long gone, there really isn't anything Earth shattering hardware-wise that can be offered.

I'd suspect some Switch bundle, although I haven't even heard of that coming yet. Could have sworn the Mario Kart bundle had leaked by now. There will probably be a ton of Switch Lite deals though :whistle2:

I'm just here curiously waiting to see how low they drop new-ish PS5/XBX games. Will they hit $30/35 or are we stuck at $40 for them? Will we see PS5 controllers under $35?
No kidding. I was extremely lucky though back on BF 2018 when I was able to snag the PS4 1TB bundle with an extra controller and Red Dead Redemption 2 for $199.99 from Walmart. Best BF deal I've experienced in years.

bread's done
Back